Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Shelvey

With our first crop of leaked targets seemingly getting more distant, wondered what people think about Jonjo Shelvey at Swansea.

Attacking midfelder, could be in same mould as Naysmith, and possibly on his way this Jan?

Worth a punt, or no better than we have (with VOO getting better each game)

At the right price, a decent buy. Always liked him. Good passer, quite dominant. Can he play in a def mid pair?

I think he''s underrated, has been playing well for England. Don''t think he''d be the best signing ever but would be a welcome addition at the right price

Swansea would want a fortune for him, can''t see them wanting to lose one of their better players, the mess they are getting in to.

Newcastle can probably offer him more wages, a move to us or Newcastle would be a sidestep. Right now I''d prefer Naismith anyway, we have enough traditional midfielders on our books!

He''s not an attacking midfielder?

He sits in front of the back four and pings passes all over the shop.

He would be 8-12 million. Decent player...

Imo he''d be a replacement for O''Neil or Tettey not Wes or Howson.

I was hoping we were going to buy him when Swansea bought him-think it was around £4m. As Thirsty Lizard says he was poor against us-but that is only one game. He has got talent but other areas are a priority at the moment.

We don''t need another midfield player. Our money would be best spent on a central defender and striker in my opinion.

Our midfield stocks are in good shape with Mulumbu, Tettey, Howson, Odjidja, Hoolahan, O''Neil, Dorrans, with Brady, Redmond and Jarvis being the wide men. If we are about to sell a couple of those then perhaps it might be a good idea.

he is better than any of our midfield so would be a upgrade signing a player like that would improve the defence by protecting them and strikers due to the work he would put in and chances he would create

If he is available for around 10 mil well worth it wages would be high though !

Thirsty Lizard wrote the following post at 03/01/2016 10:23 AM:

He was slow, useless and bang average when Swansea played us. Only one game - but I think our money would be far better spent elsewhere.

That''s presumably why Swansea are selling him, he wants away. But when he is playing well he is very good, I would love him here.

Awful player. How he gets anywhere near England squad is beyond me. Everyone has worked out that if you give him time he will pick a pass but under kind of pressure he crumbles. He was absolutely shocking in the game down here earlier this year. Some of the comments coming out if Swansea are very telling - some very damming comments from Curtis & the local journalists. Well suited to the car crash that is Newcastle!

Just to add to Buh''s excellent post.12 MILLION POUNDS?????!!!!!!MENTAL.

Let''s recap.20 MILLION POUNDS SPENT ON SHELVEY AND GRABBAN?????!!!