Sign in to follow this  
Buh

Can we do it at Stoke on a rainy Wednesday night?

Like messi infamously can''t?

I''m not holding out as much hope for this one as Bournemouth at the weekend. Love to get 3 points from plucky-on-sea FC.

This is a very, very tough game.

Stoke have been good at home this season. They''ve beaten Man City, Man Utd, and Chelsea at The Britannia amongst others.

It''s fair to say my expectations are not high...

But after last night we could make such a sweet, sweet gap between us and smash into mid table!!

Pleeeease! Smash and grab Norwich!

I''m certainly hedging it.

Got a bet on Stoke at 2.05, which I think is a very attractive price, knowing Stoke rested their entire frontline in the cup.

If I lose the bet, it means Norwich either draw or win, which is well worth the bet loss :)

Can''t see us winning with our fragile back line... Shaqiri and Arnautovic are gonna tear is to pieces imho... I would take a draw any day...

lharman7 wrote the following post at 13/01/2016 10:44 AM:

I''m predicting we won''t even turn up! 3-0 Stoke

I''m predicting Grabban will fail to appear, yet again, before the game.

If we could cash in on that bloke it would be good work by Mr McNally.

There''s light rain forecast for the first half and heavy rain for the second half so I think we should go all guns a blazing and then try and hang on to our lead in the final 45 minutes. [:)]

if stokes fearsome attack plays like they did against citeh we will lose and probably heavily, esp if it coincides with one of our occassional no shows (a remnant from lambert, houghton & adams days - says something of players / squad character rather than managers but thats another thread)

However Stokes talent is even more inconsistent than our appearance record; their record of good performances is mainly against the best teams, while they have struggled against lower table teams, esp those prepared to graft. If we do turn up tonight, and the planets align, a win is a distinct possibility. We MUST show up witha determined positive attitude. However its an almost impossible one to predict, home win probable, draw likely, away win possible.

We should see this game as a bonus; last nights results were favourable for us, whatever the outcome of the swansea sunderland game tonight will be a negative for one or both of the sides and so help our cause (ideally i want a draw; dropped points for both sides); as such i hope our players approach the game with freedom as there really is nothing to lose but every thing to gain, a bonus, an opportunity to be taken, And I think we can do just that.

[quote user="grefstad"]I''m certainly hedging it.

Got a bet on Stoke at 2.05, which I think is a very attractive price, knowing Stoke rested their entire frontline in the cup.

If I lose the bet, it means Norwich either draw or win, which is well worth the bet loss :)[/quote]

I saw the price on Stoke. Seems incredible when Bournemouth are around 1.9 to beat us on Saturday.

There is hope. We are improving. While Stoke have lost to both WBA and Liverpool already this month.It will need to be one of our best away performances of the season to get anything though.

At the end of the day they are only 6 points better off than us so in reality there''s not a huge gap between the sides.They only average a tad over a goal a game (21 in 20) and they''ve only scored more than 2 once.They''ve only won 4 out of 9 at home - 4 wins, 1 draw and 4 defeatsI think it will be tough but I think a point is well within our capabilities

[quote user="yoda"]We better win it''s me birthday[/quote]"When 900 years old you reach, look as good, you will not."

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]HELL YEH!

and Happy Birthday Yoda[/quote]

Cheers ! i''m grateful for my presents this morning but 3 points tonight would be the best !

[quote user="yoda"][quote user="Crabbycanary3"]HELL YEH!

and Happy Birthday Yoda[/quote]

Cheers ! i''m grateful for my presents this morning but 3 points tonight would be the best ![/quote]

its ya birthday, use the force for good.

Anything''s possible, but I hope AN''s got that 3 at the back thing out of his system. We don''t want to go to Bournemouth having suffered 2 hammerings.

I know AN will say every game is a can win match.

But realistically this match he must be hoping for at least a point, or maybe a few more. We bossed them last time we met, and if it were not for the keeper we''d have scored quite a few.

I''m hoping that Jack Butland has an off game tonight!

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

There''s light rain forecast for the first half and heavy rain for the second half so I think we should go all guns a blazing and then try and hang on to our lead in the final 45 minutes. [:)]

[/quote]And no doubt a Noah''s Ark-grade monsoon as we trudge out afterwards.[:D]I need certifying.

I see we''ll be wearing our lucky third kit this evening.  Hopefully Stoke will feel so dazzled and nauseated from looking at it they''ll allow us to sneak in and score.

Happy Birthday Yoda!

Just heard Shaqiri not playing due to Hamstring problem, still a very good side but with him missing that will hopefully help our cause :) OTBC

Lawro says "Do I think the Canaries are capable of going to the Britannia Stadium and getting something from Stoke? No."We must have a good chance then [:D]

[quote user="grefstad"]I''m certainly hedging it.

If I lose the bet, it means Norwich either draw or win, which is well worth the bet loss :)[/quote]

Sadly it''s easy money. Cashed the bet a bit early at 2-1, in the hope Norwich could find a leveller, so only won 85% of what I would have if I''d waited to the end.

Predictable loss, but it is noticable how little luck we always seem to have.

Stoke scored 2-1 from a shot through Bennett''s legs, and 3-1 on an own goal from the same man. Such bad luck rarely hits other teams, I feel.

Pissed me off to see Sunderland winning away, and now they face Spurs who seem to be in a little slump. Omens are not good.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]grefstad - the only Norwich fan to have a smile on his face tonight[/quote]

What a stupid comment. I hedged my bets, as I said before the game. Norwich draw or win, I''m happy. Norwich loss, I make money. No more, no less, just sensible given the situation.