Sign in to follow this  
Colourful Canary

Ayala and Butterfield

Both doing well at present for ''Boro and Derby respectively. Does anyone remember which of our recent managers sold them and for how much? I wonder what their current market value would be.

Neither are premier league value and neither would get into our starting XI. I can''t answer your questions directly but if you check transfermarkt website it''ll tell you what you''re after :)

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard "]Ayala repaid his £350,000 with interest when he gifted the ball to Cameron Jerome in the Play-Off Final at Wembley...[/quote]So kind..................[;)]

Thanks AJ....Transfermarket shows Butterfield currently worth £2.8M and Ayala £0.595M, the latter a bargain given Ayala''s age (25) and Boro''s excellent defensive record. Then again, the same web site gives Dwight Gayle''s value as £2.8M and Naismith''s as £3.5M. Although I realise that the transfer fee is only part of the story, and you have to consider agent''s fees, wages etc. I doubt that we''d get these players for these amounts! Don''t get me wrong, I wasn''t suggesting that we sign Ayala and Butterfield again, as they are not necessarily an upgrade on what we already have (certainly in Butterfield''s case anyway, though Ayala is debatable). It''s more that I was wondering if we''d perhaps let them go a little cheaply. Still, we''ve made up for it with the Grabban transfer!

I seem to remember that he got dragged out of position for the second one too, giving Redmond plenty of space.

He has probably improved since his time here, when he seemed like a penalty waiting to happen, so I guess he could be back-up for Bassong, since Bassong also seems to be a penalty waiting to happen. It is amazing that we haven''t had more penalties given against us.

[quote user="Colourful Canary"]Thanks AJ....Transfermarket shows Butterfield currently worth £2.8M and Ayala £0.595M, the latter a bargain given Ayala''s age (25) and Boro''s excellent defensive record. Then again, the same web site gives Dwight Gayle''s value as £2.8M and Naismith''s as £3.5M. Although I realise that the transfer fee is only part of the story, and you have to consider agent''s fees, wages etc. I doubt that we''d get these players for these amounts! Don''t get me wrong, I wasn''t suggesting that we sign Ayala and Butterfield again, as they are not necessarily an upgrade on what we already have (certainly in Butterfield''s case anyway, though Ayala is debatable). It''s more that I was wondering if we''d perhaps let them go a little cheaply. Still, we''ve made up for it with the Grabban transfer![/quote]
You think Ayala is a possible replacement for Bennett or Bassong?
Jesus H Christ.

People soon forget how awful Ayala was for us

if memory serves he was a penalty machine according to this forum

Butterfield never got a good crack of the whip but did join us injured which was strange

Ayala was good on the ball but couldn''t defend. Though that has improved.

Butterfield just wasn''t as good as others at the club and still isn''t.

Was it Butterfield who was described as the new Gazza, when he was sold to us?Genius[:D]