Sign in to follow this  
he

Mental Gary O'Neil

What makes it worse he ran 30 yards and could have done some damage to their player. It was ridiculous.

Quite honestly how anyone can try and defend that challenge is beyond me. We were playing well and the ball is harmlessly rolling out of play with no danger, enter o Neil and a 30 yard sprint with scissor challenge from behind. Not being cute, it''s ridiculous

That 40 yard run was not necessary mental. O''Neal may have seen it as a fifty-fiftyish, as the the ball went into an empty space, he just failed to reassess the situation as the Stoke man got there sooner.

[quote user="Herman "]Lakey, you can not put any positive spin on that tackle. It cost us big time.[/quote]Gets attention though, doesn''t it?

[quote user="Herman "]Lakey, you can not put any positive spin on that tackle. It cost us big time.[/quote]I agree, but the intent was to get the ball - he just misjudged it.   If you watch it you can see him realise he is not going to get to the ball first, so he slows down slightly and then tries to time a challenge to hook his foot around the Stoke player to keep the ball in play. He misjudged it and the conditions, that is all.

[quote user="Herman "]It will get a turd sent in the post if he carries on with it[:D][/quote][:D]

Yes and had it been the other way round and it was a Stoke challenge Lakey wouldn''t have given a red card!

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]That 40 yard run was not necessary mental. O''Neal may have seen it as a fifty-fiftyish, as the the ball went into an empty space, he just failed to reassess the situation as the Stoke man got there sooner.[/quote]

Exactly.  A poor challenge, but no need for the "last time I want to see him play for us" stuff.

Cannot defend that tackle one bit. Just a completely ridiculous decision by O''Neil. The ball had already gone out and he''s cost us at least a point tonight. We''ll pick ourselves up though, perhaps it''s time Mulumbu stepped up to the plate and actually earned some of his large wage.

As for O''Neil, fine him a couple of weeks wages. Dunno what he was thinking.

"a badly timed attempt to get the ball""all he was doing was trying to be cute"People who say crap like that could never have played football. He meant it, believe me, he meant it.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="Helsinki canary"]And now our manager has joined the mental club, Vadis was the key for us and they take him off and put on a player like Redmond who cannot defend, with 10 men we needed a player like Vadis who could do a job at both ends of the field. Madness![/quote]What was he supposed to do, shut up shop and accept a 2-1 defeat[/quote]

The substitutions took place at 1-1 and it was Vadis who set up the Howson wonder goal, Vadis is able to move fast up and down the field and is physically much stronger than Redmond, so unless he was injured or burnt out it was a wrong decision to take him off.

He''s been very good for us, but that''s the most disappointing and frustrating thing. You don''t want to see one of your most experienced and consistent midfielders legging it 30 yards to needlessly scissor kick the back of a players legs when all the ball is doing is going out for a throw. Cost us any chance of anything tonight and that''s not good enough when Stoke were poor and there were definitely points to play for. Now he''ll be out for 3 games too.

It was dreadful challenge. He goes right through the man and effectively scissor tackles him. Unless you are wearing the most yellow and green tinted glasses imaginable there''s no way you can say that isn''t a red card offence.

Its a silly decision by O''Neil. The ball is already out of play and is in the most neutral and harmless place imaginable on the pitch. It''s cost us very dearly as we were well in the game at that stage.

It''s disappointing because he''s one of the last players I would have expected that from. Given the form of Mulumbu and Dorrans I would now like to see Howson given a chance to play in his best position and see how he gets on.

[quote user="Making Plans"]"a badly timed attempt to get the ball""all he was doing was trying to be cute"People who say crap like that could never have played football. He meant it, believe me, he meant it.[/quote]

To be honest, I''ve seen getting away with worse. At Carra it could have been a yellow. But when such an incident happens in front of a protesting crowd and home team manager refs tend to take the crowd''s judgement.

What do you make of the incident when Ryan Bennett pushed Sanchez into the camera pit. Was it purely incidental?

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/11/norwich-player-shoves-alexis-sanchez-into-a-camera-pit-during-game

[quote user="Budapest Canary"][quote user="Making Plans"]"a badly timed attempt to get the ball""all he was doing was trying to be cute"People who say crap like that could never have played football. He meant it, believe me, he meant it.[/quote]

To be honest, I''ve seen getting away with worse. At Carra it could have been a yellow. But when such an incident happens in front of a protesting crowd and home team manager refs tend to take the crowd''s judgement.

What do you make of the incident when Ryan Bennett pushed Sanchez into the camera pit. Was it purely incidental?

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/11/norwich-player-shoves-alexis-sanchez-into-a-camera-pit-during-game[/quote]He went into the tackle, from behind, with both feet off the ground.It couldn''t be more of a red.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Budapest Canary"][quote user="Making Plans"]"a badly timed attempt to get the ball""all he was doing was trying to be cute"People who say crap like that could never have played football. He meant it, believe me, he meant it.[/quote]

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/11/norwich-player-shoves-alexis-sanchez-into-a-camera-pit-during-game[/quote]He went into the tackle, from behind, with both feet off the ground..[/quote]Look at it again.  His left foot is on the ground the whole time as he tries to reach the ball.   He caught the player, fair do''s, but lets not exagerate it beyond what really happened.  

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Budapest Canary"][quote user="Making Plans"]"a badly timed attempt to get the ball""all he was doing was trying to be cute"People who say crap like that could never have played football. He meant it, believe me, he meant it.[/quote]

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/11/norwich-player-shoves-alexis-sanchez-into-a-camera-pit-during-game[/quote]He went into the tackle, from behind, with both feet off the ground..[/quote]Look at it again.  His left foot is on the ground the whole time as he tries to reach the ball.   He caught the player, fair do''s, but lets not exagerate it beyond what really happened.  

[/quote]Oh feck off, even the man himself admits it was a shocker.[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zpsdqphecb3.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zpsdqphecb3.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Stop being quarrelsome just for the sake of it Lakey, admittedly ONeils actions were out of character but regrettably yours are not.😄

Morty. Just trying to keep things in perspective.  People said he went for the man - he didn''t - he went for the ball and misjudged it badly. You said he had both feet off the ground....he didn''t.   It was a bad challenge and he got punished.  I just think we should give him a break - he has been one of our better players recently. (Oh - and all my comments have been about the topic of this thread, so maybe you should keep your "feck off" and your "attention seeking" garbage to yourself.)

[quote user="lake district canary"]Morty. Just trying to keep things in perspective.  People said he went for the man - he didn''t - he went for the ball and misjudged it badly. You said he had both feet off the ground....he didn''t.   It was a bad challenge and he got punished.  I just think we should give him a break - he has been one of our better players recently. (Oh - and all my comments have been about the topic of this thread, so maybe you should keep your "feck off" and your "attention seeking" garbage to yourself.)

[/quote]He got turned inside out a few times by one of their players and the red mist descended.You are blatantly taking a ridiculous contrary opinion knowing full well the attention it brings, you''re fooling no one[:D]

All players make mistakes, it was his turn tonight. He''s been good for us so far this season, and far better than many thought he''d be when NA signed him; I say we give him a break.

It will be interesting to see how we fill that slot on Saturday, Mulumbu certainly hasn''t performed anything like we had hoped so far/to the level he showed pre-season - hopefully it will be a case of cometh the hour cometh the man?

"You are blatantly taking a ridiculous contrary opinion knowing full well the attention it brings, you''re fooling no one"

Ridiculous, I may be in the minority, but I am not the only one on this thread who is trying to understand what happened in that challenge. As usual, it has to be your way or no way.

It was fairly innocuous compared to some of Alex Neil''s tackles when he was a player. I saw one on youtube a while back which consisted of a two-footed jump into a standing player''s thigh, not even aiming for the ball.

[quote user="lake district canary"]"You are blatantly taking a ridiculous contrary opinion knowing full well the attention it brings, you''re fooling no one"

Ridiculous, I may be in the minority, but I am not the only one on this thread who is trying to understand what happened in that challenge. As usual, it has to be your way or no way.

[/quote]I already told you, he got skinned a couple of times by one of their players, the red mist descended, and he made a shocking tackle from behind, when there was no need whatsoever to even make one, and earned himself a thoroughly deserved red card.He alludes to the red mist in his tweet saying he acted out of character. He also holds his hands up and admits it was stupid.Case closed.

[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zpsgzae8lit.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zpsgzae8lit.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Red Mist?..absolutely unproven, even his apology  in no way alludes to red mist, just a simple out of character bad mistake. Right from the offset he was charging, his intention to use the  very damp turf to make a long slide and use his legs and slide to keep the ball in play. I see no red mist, see no intention to hack the guy down from behind. But his big mistake was his thought processes should have  told him that was a fair chance he would collide with the Stoke guy. Even as the Stoke player was slowing down ONeills momentum was already in full flow and once you slide that way on wet grass theres no way out of it. Out of character definitely, i doubt Gary rarely if ever has used such a method to  get a ball. So bad mistake, absolutely. Gave the ref. no choice, red card. But red mist? Deliberate malice and intention to scythe the guy down? not in my book. He will get his ban, we move along. Que Sera Sera.