Sign in to follow this  
he

Mental Gary O'Neil

The most unprofessional foul I have ever seen a professional footballer do. Under absolutely no pressure, the back against the goal, the ball was rolling over the line and out and absolutely no danger and doing this. To let the team so down is utter catastrophal. If he is not fined two weeks after this I don''t understand a thing. He let the team and club down and has made himself an absolute clown. To do this by a soon to be 33 year old man is so shocking that I have problems taking it in. Release the fool and kick him out of town!

I agree i could not believe what i was watching. You could see him winding himself up as he was running towards the player. But honestly what a stupid thing to do , it was embarrassing and i couldn''t care less if he never played for us again.

I''m struggling to think of a more ridiculous challenge I''ve seen. Completely deserves the 3 match ban and criticism that will come his way.

Seeing as we can''t seem to buy a striker or central defender, maybe this is O''Neil''s way of letting us buy a central midfielder.
I saw some posts on here earlier saying we should resign Butterfield and Surman.

Lol at you lot.

Yes, definitely a stupid tackle, but listening to some of the comments about the tackle you''d think he went in studs up, 2 feet off the ground aimed at the opposition''s cruciate.

It was poorly executed. Not a career-ending assault as some are making it sound.

Just can''t understand it! That''s his hard earned place in the squad gone for the next month. What a let down for himself, the club, his teammates and the fans. Madness. Let''s hope we can continue playing well and get something from tonight

He''s made a stupid, stupid foul but, Jesus, some of you lot have the temperament of Jeremy corbyn

Man up before your missus'' leave you.

[quote user="Orly"]Lol at you lot.

Yes, definitely a stupid tackle, but listening to some of the comments about the tackle you''d think he went in studs up, 2 feet off the ground aimed at the opposition''s cruciate.

It was poorly executed. Not a career-ending assault as some are making it sound.[/quote]

Its not about the ferocity of the tackle, it was where it was made and why he did it . It was brainless simple as that .

Temperament of Jeremy Corbyn?

Doesn''t he just want to discuss things all the time in a friendly manner; hardly like some calling for his head on here.

And now our manager has joined the mental club, Vadis was the key for us and they take him off and put on a player like Redmond who cannot defend, with 10 men we needed a player like Vadis who could do a job at both ends of the field. Madness!

Agree it''s a strange decision to take off Odjidja as Redmond not is capabme of attacking or defended at the time. He is out of form. Understand if Odjidja has runned empty, he has done a good job for the team recently.

Norwich really had a good opportunity this night before the sending off. Stoke was not looking good. They haven''t been looking good after either, but against ten men they managed to get the goals.

Slippery pitch or not there was absolutely no excuse for cleaning that bloke out. And the fact that he sprinyed 40 yards to do it says an awfuk lot about intent.

Totally agree with you Helsinki canary. Putting on Redmond who is 0.5/10 for work rate and defending is a poor decision.

O''Neil has let everyone down and I doubt we will see him back in the squad after his ban.

[quote user="Helsinki canary"]And now our manager has joined the mental club, Vadis was the key for us and they take him off and put on a player like Redmond who cannot defend, with 10 men we needed a player like Vadis who could do a job at both ends of the field. Madness![/quote]What was he supposed to do, shut up shop and accept a 2-1 defeat

O''neill has let everyone down but he''s played well in the majority of games. I see no reason to not bring him back into the squad after his three match ban. You don''t throw the baby out with the bath water.

For goodness sakes!   It looked a rash challenge, but you can see what he was trying to do - the Stoke player was shepherding the ball over the line and O''Neil was trying to hook the ball away before it went behind the line.   There was no intent to get the player - just a badly timed attempt to get the ball.

Yes a very stupid tackle but definitely not a red card, the wet surface made it look worse than it was along with the crybaby Stoke bench and theatrics from the player, in the 80`s no-one would have blinked an eyelid at a challenge like that, Mark Hughes you have a very short memory sir !!!

But in todays climate he was silly but red never.....

It was an awful rash attempt to put the ball up the line and has cost us any chance of picking up anything against a poor Stoke side on the night - we need all the points we can get and can ill afford fools getting sent off in needless challenges - still I suppose he will pick up his 20 grand so why should he worry !!

Tim Dawson wrote the following post at 13/01/2016 9:48 PM:

Yes a very stupid tackle but definitely not a red card, the wet surface made it look worse than it was along with the crybaby Stoke bench and theatrics from the player, in the 80`s no-one would have blinked an eyelid at a challenge like that, Mark Hughes you have a very short memory sir !!!

But in todays climate he was silly but red never.....

Really!!!!??? Red cards don''t come much clearer. The ridiculous thing is it was so needless

S.O. Miggins (no offence) - look at it again and view it from the player''s point of view.  O''Neil isn''t a viscious player in the least, all he was doing was trying to be cute and he failed.  It happens.  But yeah, you all jump on the bandwagon of castigating the player if you want...