Sign in to follow this  
Sooty57

Proud of the team

A really gutsy performance that deserved more. Thought we were still threat at 1-2, but the substitutions seemed to take away our sting. I can see the thinking behind it; fresh legs and all that, but Redmond just doesn''t seem to be up for it at the moment.

Didn''t realise you could install a Saniflo in someone''s spine - nothing else can explain the rush of 5h1t that O''Neil had to the brain.

May have won without the red card but will never know , Bournemouth will be much harder because they will want the win much more than Stoke .

We played well but it''s always hard to defend with 20 men whilst trying to give it a go at the other end. A shame really as Howsons goal was worthy of a win. Hopefully we can take the performance at least as positivity info the Bournemouth game

It''s was good team selection and tactics and was paying off.

I can understand AN frustration cos he had worked this out well and his plan was scuppered.

Best goal I''ve seen for ages, some very good movement, passing and skill levels, loads of good things to take from the game as well as the obvious negatives.

Just back from the game and proud of the boys like the op, even at 1-2 I still thought we could get something.

Madness by ONeill obv but I thought it was a yellow card like the ones that the Soton player got when he was sent off so I thought the ref was influenced by the Stoke players and bench and crowd who all went mental. Haven''t seen a replay tho.

So lots of positives - at 11 v 11 it was avert even game with both sides making chances and us having better possession could have gone either way.

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]Just back from the game and proud of the boys like the op, even at 1-2 I still thought we could get something.

Madness by ONeill obv but I thought it was a yellow card like the ones that the Soton player got when he was sent off so I thought the ref was influenced by the Stoke players and bench and crowd who all went mental. Haven''t seen a replay tho.

So lots of positives - at 11 v 11 it was avert even game with both sides making chances and us having better possession could have gone either way.[/quote]
One of their players was gesturing to the crowd to make more noise to try and influence the ref.
Think he was walking anyway though regardless of crowd, went through the back of him.

I have little doubt we would have got something with eleven men, we matched them in that first half hour and had a couple of good chances while looking really comfortable in possession. I think that is what makes the red card so frustrating, the fact that it affected the second half and therefore the potential result so significantly.

[quote user="Sooty57"] I can see the thinking behind it; fresh legs and all that, but Redmond just doesn''t seem to be up for it at the moment.

[/quote]

No worries. Morty has said in another thread that Redmond is in great shape, top form, and has no confidence issues whatsoever. His development has not stalled, and he is a top, top player, doing well in yella and green.

Deluded is perhaps not the best word, but everyone can see, espescially from across the North Sea, that Redmond is nowhere near something that can be described as form.

Jarvis did well though. Seems to have a bit of bite and will in him. Great to see him back.

A win was definitely on the cards, we were well set up tactilly and playing very well, dominating. The goals would have come. There were some very good performances last night and plenty of positives. An must be frustrated beyond belief and set to tear Gary o Neill a new arsehole. Mark Hughes looked pretty worried and we made Stoke look poor. Move on.

Proud of the team and rightly so, we looked good, especially first 45 mins, everyone of the 10 left on the pitch played brilliantly, tiring legs didn''t help the outcome.

Biggest plus for me was the city fans, back to their brilliant best, I was critical of some of our fans after the Watford game, thought they were awesome last night (on a freezing cold wet night) never stopped believing and created some great noise, also met some haven''t met before from the North and the Midlands, Stoke on the other hand............................. very poor, no atmosphere

Agree with everything on here so far.We played really well and made the difference in numbers hardly noticeable. Thought Mbokani had a great game but they all put in a good shift. Howson''s goal was fantastic and the City fans made plenty of noise too.If we''d stayed 11 v 11 I doubt we''d have lost and if we continue to play anything like this we''ll have no worries.Even the freezing rain that had swept down throughout the match had stopped by full time so with that bonus, decent beer and good company pre-match, all in all a good day out.