Sign in to follow this  
Cantiaci Canary

Calm Before the Storm or Dead Ends?

So ... half way through the window and it has all gone a bit quiet with regards to rumours of any substance.

Which of the options in the title do you put this down to?!

When are we allowed to get worried? Halfway through the window? 3/4 through the window? 3 days before the window shuts? The day the window shuts?

I for one was hoping we''d have strengthened considerably by now but apart from Jarvis and Pinto all we''ve done is sell Grabban, that''s a cause for concern.

We need signings, on that everyone agreed. So where are they?

No worries about anymore silly rumours, we will get a solid reliable piece of info on the final window day...Gayle recovered from hamstring...City bid for Gayle in the last hour...Palace turn down bid, not enough time for a replacement. The perfect Deja Vu ending to this window.

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]When are we allowed to get worried? Halfway through the window? 3/4 through the window? 3 days before the window shuts? The day the window shuts?

I for one was hoping we''d have strengthened considerably by now but apart from Jarvis and Pinto all we''ve done is sell Grabban, that''s a cause for concern.

We need signings, on that everyone agreed. So where are they?[/quote]I think the club putting out the message about "wanting to get business done early" has confused folks.

We are expecting something to happen but constant rumours on the pink un web site not helping ,naismith apparently going to Swansea and we sign a York midfielder ! Hope if it''s true the rest of the transfer window improves .

Why don''t we look at what we have done in 14 days.........

Signed Jarvis, Pinto, and two young potential young stars of the future.

Sold two fringe players and tried to get in Naismith......

Haller if true is at Colney tomorrow and had O''Neil stayed on the pitch, we could have had another draw on the board.

Storm started already and gathering pace, we have done more business than most and I''m pretty please not to be a Bournemouth fan having wasted 20 million on two unproven strikers at this level.

At the end of the day, fools rush in where angels fear to tread so we are doing the right thing in keeping our powder dry while picking the low-hanging fruit in advance of a deadline day goldrush where we can pick up the final pieces of our premiership jigsaw and offload the square pegs in round holes.
Trust this is clear.

[quote user="Darth Bor"]At the end of the day, fools rush in where angels fear to tread so we are doing the right thing in keeping our powder dry while picking the low-hanging fruit in advance of a deadline day goldrush where we can pick up the final pieces of our premiership jigsaw and offload the square pegs in round holes.
Trust this is clear.
[/quote]Early doors the board ran some ideas up the flagpole to see if the manager saluted them.We have to make sure we have our ducks in a row this month.

"Worried", "anxious" (on another thread). I''ve just finished reading a book entitled "The Emotional Life of Toddlers". Much of it would seem to be equally relevant if you substituted "Football Fans" for "Toddlers".

Not overly concerned but then again I don''t feel like my life is on the line either way.