Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Sebastian Di Maio

It didn''t work with the Bennett''s, but we''ve got a couple of Martins, Rudd/Ruddy, theres a few Cameron''''s as well including the dev squad

With all due respect to CUSDP, and he does give us interesting info, I''m certain this is a case of mistaken identity or slight details getting confused between sources. Do Maio and Haller look quite similar, both have the same forename, but with confirmation that Haller was in the building yesterday, it''s sounding like a case of mistaken identity to me? Hope I''m wrong though!.

[quote user="Alex "]With all due respect to CUSDP, and he does give us interesting info, I''m certain this is a case of mistaken identity or slight details getting confused between sources. Do Maio and Haller look quite similar, both have the same forename, but with confirmation that Haller was in the building yesterday, it''s sounding like a case of mistaken identity to me? Hope I''m wrong though!.[/quote]
Is there confirmation that Haller was in the building yesterday?

Of course, Hallers agent has confirmed he was in Norwich yesterday. CUSDPs  term "in the building" is just  a generalism, to mean yes this or that guy is in the area. Haller was likely in many of Citys buildings both at the Carra and Colney. CUSDP seems to be correct in saying a guy was in town, but likely got the wrong guy.

[quote user="Essjayess"]Of course, Hallers agent has confirmed he was in Norwich yesterday. CUSDPs  term "in the building" is just  a generalism, to mean yes this or that guy is in the area. Haller was likely in many of Citys buildings both at the Carra and Colney. CUSDP seems to be correct in saying a guy was in town, but likely got the wrong guy.[/quote]

Ah, yes. Have just read the respective article on the main page. I''m not sure what to make of that. Why bother looking around if you have no intention of signing? Must be an ulterior motive.

No Chip, iys pretty simple, as i said elsewhere.  City and Utrecht have good relations, even admitted by Hallers agent. Clubs agreed a fee, as part of the arrangement Utrecht tell Haller to vist City and its facilities, hes a Utrecht player so  cannot  turn that down. But thats as far as the players obligation goes, hes visited, end of.  Just because hes fulfilled the visit arranged by the two clubs, has nothing to do with how he himself feels his next move will be. His agent dropped big hints of course, Haller wants to play Europa cup or Champions league, so if a club like Spurs come in, hes interested, if not he stays at Utrecht.All this is simple, not a chance he will be a City player.

[quote user="Alex "]With all due respect to CUSDP, and he does give us interesting info, I''m certain this is a case of mistaken identity or slight details getting confused between sources. Do Maio and Haller look quite similar, both have the same forename, but with confirmation that Haller was in the building yesterday, it''s sounding like a case of mistaken identity to me? Hope I''m wrong though!.[/quote]

Alex, was def do Maio. Just a coincidence I guess. A bit like when I saw Lionel Messi at a Lionel Richie gig 😉

Utrecht can''t force Haller onto a plane and to visit Norwich. If he would only consider a move to a team currently playing in Europe he wouldn''t even visit.

The original French version of the quotes say Haller is targeting a specific club who are already in European Competition and have expressed interest. Not that he''ll only target a club in European competition. If the player had zero interest in Norwich he wouldn''t have come.

It may be the club playing European football is in France or Spain, were they would only be able to pay a fraction of the wages Norwich could.

I''d imagine if the other club can''t agree terms with Utrecht or the player he could well come back to Norwich (if AN is still interested) or he might just wait it out until the summer. In no way was he just traipsing around Colney because Utrecht had told him to.

Ya understood that, NCFC can be a confusing place as we all know, Alex Neil and Gary ONeill, Rudd and Ruddy etc.

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Alex "]With all due respect to CUSDP, and he does give us interesting info, I''m certain this is a case of mistaken identity or slight details getting confused between sources. Do Maio and Haller look quite similar, both have the same forename, but with confirmation that Haller was in the building yesterday, it''s sounding like a case of mistaken identity to me? Hope I''m wrong though!.[/quote]

Alex, was def do Maio. Just a coincidence I guess. A bit like when I saw Lionel Messi at a Lionel Richie gig 😉[/quote]

Haha CUSDP, and there I was thinking you were in your 20''s!

Bit worrying Di Maio has gone quiet as well, the pantwetters are gonna go mental!

Ok Bethnal fair enough, at same time Utrecht could have asked him nicely, not forced, maybe he was just actually interested to see what City had to offer anyway, its a simple plane trip here. What we do have is a definite clue from his agent as to  what Haller is looking for in a switch to a new club. He has a good contract at Utrecht anyway so its he whos calling the shots. Just as with the Naismith saga, two clubs agreeing a fee  means diddly, its always the player and his agent who get final say.Guys here will try to find any reason why a player  could come to City, but the majority is just pointless trivial banter that keeps forum posters discussing things thru boring NCFC  Transfer windows. That of course includes me to.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Utrecht can''t force Haller onto a plane and to visit Norwich. If he would only consider a move to a team currently playing in Europe he wouldn''t even visit.

The original French version of the quotes say Haller is targeting a specific club who are already in European Competition and have expressed interest. Not that he''ll only target a club in European competition. If the player had zero interest in Norwich he wouldn''t have come.

It may be the club playing European football is in France or Spain, were they would only be able to pay a fraction of the wages Norwich could.

I''d imagine if the other club can''t agree terms with Utrecht or the player he could well come back to Norwich (if AN is still interested) or he might just wait it out until the summer. In no way was he just traipsing around Colney because Utrecht had told him to.[/quote]Bethnal, I haven''t seen a French version of the agent''s quotes (was he speaking in French or could it have been Dutch or even English?) but there is a piece in L''Equipe today which has no quotes at all from anybody but claims to know exactly what is in Haller''s head, and that is a) if he moves he wants it to be to a club playing in the Europa League, and b) that he believes joining Norwich City would harm his chances of getting into the French national team.

The agent was speaking French, I think someone has posted a link to the quotes in English on this thread, but that page then has a link to the original French version.

I don''t speak French personally (well, not to a level where I can understand nuance), but was told it read the way I have written it by a more competent French speaker. There was certainly no mention of the French national team in the set of agent quotes I''ve seen today.

If Haller would only consider signing for a club in the Europa or Champions'' League then I can''t see why he would bother coming to Norwich. Maybe he was expecting to get an offer beyond his wildest dreams, but he could have been given that over the phone.

Everyone is trying to fathom why the agent said this, or for what purpose - but I don''t think there is some devious motive just an agent talking about his client. If you want to alert clubs to your players availability there are better outlets than a fairly obscure French website. As an agent you''d just phone them up directly.