Sign in to follow this  
Dave

7 years ago today

Glenn Roeder was sacked - in my opinion the worst manager in the clubs history. Ok he may have won more games than some others but it was everything else he did

That was the end of a "golden period" of both managers and players. When folk get on the back of Nathan Redmond for not skinning everyone in sight they should remember some of the rubbish we had around that time!!

Dave:

I agree, Glenn Roeder is the worst manager in the last decades who did a lot of harm to the club. The relegation to League One has a lot to do with Roeder''s handlings.

[quote user="Mellow yellow 4 ever"]At least he signed Wes.[/quote]

I fully agree with Mellow. I recall him saying that Wes was a great talent.......well he got that right. But everything he did with Hucks was wrong. Alway thought he was in envy of Hucks popularity with the fans.

What did he say about tweedle dum and tweedle dee, about Chris Martin. Had no man management skills what so do ever.

Someone out there will know......where is he now?

When he came in he did a brilliant job of keeping us up. The tie should''ve been cut there.

But saying that we weren''t in the drop zone when he was here and that''s all I hear from hughton lovers.

If it was between the two, I''d say Hughton makes me a lot angrier.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]When he came in he did a brilliant job of keeping us up. The tie should''ve been cut there. But saying that we weren''t in the drop zone when he was here and that''s all I hear from hughton lovers. If it was between the two, I''d say Hughton makes me a lot angrier.[/quote]

I think the difference was that when Roeder was sacked, there were still plenty of games to go in the Championship - 12 or so games comes to mind.  Which is plenty for an incoming manager to keep us above the drop zone, and it''s not as if the fixtures were ridiculously difficult.  Whereas by the time Hughton was sacked, we just had that incredibly difficult 5-game run-in to go, and for the last couple of months under Hughton our form had collapsed completely.  Anyone who thinks Hughton could have turned it around from losing at home to West Brom to getting points against Chelsea, Liverpool, ManU, Arsenal (or indeed away at Fulham) is just insanely optimistic IMO.

Roeder was a poor manager but I think we''ve had worse in the last 20 years.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Glenn Roeder, Grant and Adams were the worst in recent times imo.[/quote]Gunn.

Feel sorry for Gunny, was never going to be a good manager, but wanted to try to do the best for a club he loved.