Sign in to follow this  
DEB (never forgotten)

James Tarkowski

Born in Manchester, began career at Oldham and apparently wants to return closer to Manchester. Burnley''s £2.5 million bid rejected and West Brom also interested according to Birmingham Mail. We can forget this as

a) West Brom have better chance of staying up

b) They are closer to Manchester than we are.

Still this is the type of player we should go for as we have a chance of getting them.

He''s a decent player in a good footballing side - could do a lot worse. At the same time their keeper, Button, is very good - I go to see the bees every now and then and they gave some decent players.

Just wondering which position he would fill in the NCFC "Players Linked To Us Thru Rumours" List. In the CB section definitely below Rano, Kone and Klose. In the overall list category i have him at around position 79.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Would be a good signing for under £2.5m for competition with Bassong. We need to push the boat out though as well on a class CB.[/quote]

You mean Bennett.

Why would I mean Bennett when Tarkowski has played all season at LCB?

Also I stated that we''d need to get in a CB that would clearly be able to go straight into the first team, filling that RCB slot where we are arguably weakest, having said that we don''t have anyone who''s played at LCB apart from Bassong.

Not sure on this one. For cheap money could be an interesting option but is he better than Bassong, Bennett, Martin or Wisdom? Hmm...

[quote user="Nicko"]Spoke to a Brentford fan who said he isn''t ready for the Premier league just yet.[/quote]Well that''s it then, no point in looking any further........

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Born in Manchester, began career at Oldham and apparently wants to return closer to Manchester. Burnley''s £2.5 million bid rejected and West Brom also interested according to Birmingham Mail. We can forget this as

a) West Brom have better chance of staying up

b) They are closer to Manchester than we are.

Still this is the type of player we should go for as we have a chance of getting them.[/quote]

Wait, West Brom is CLOSER to Manchester than Norwich?

Thanks for that surprising fact, could you provide a link to a map as well to allow us to confirm that?

Be as sarcastic as you like however West Bromwich is roughly 80 miles from Manchester compared to the roughly 250 miles that Nowrich is from Manchester.

Nicko, I have several Brentford supporting friends who have season tickets there, and they reckon that he is pretty good; I have also seen them a number of times over the last season or so and he''s always looked pretty solid - perhaps makes the odd mistake but there''s no one that doesn''t. I also rate their full-back Jake Bidwell and Button, their keeper (who made some rather decent saves against us last season).

I''ll be going to their game v Burnley on Friday, so can report back then if this one is still ''live''.

I like the comments about how he was born in Manchester so why would he move away

met plenty of people in the past who have left and never want to go back to the place

If a 23 year old player who has a very short career before being able to settle permanently whereever he chooses, really will only consider moving to a club close to Manchester I''d rather we passed them by as a target. It would suggest to me they haven''t got the right attitude to maximise their talent. Of course it could be aload of social media rubbish.

I''m at Gridfin Park, the lad Tarkowski asked not to play tonight against Burnley, Bees fans not happy. Looks like he might be off, though perhaps Burnley might be a more likely destination than us?

Speaking of which.

Round of applause

Brentford v Burnley (19:45 GMT)

Before we get going, there is a minute''s applause for all of those associated with and connected to Brentford by the whole stadium.

Imagine the booing if it was Carrow Road.