Sign in to follow this  
Mooney

Sébastien Haller!!?

problem with signing strikers from other foreign leagues is they are not as strong as premier league where any team can beat any other team

foreign leagues have a couple of very good clubs that are strong and a lot of very weaker teams so scoring records can look better than english leagues

having said that that''s where you can pick up bargains this player looks like one that might well be the case 6 ft 2 and knows where the goal is young so maybe still improving a gamble yes ( like all players ) but I would rather this type of player with bags of potential than a tired old tried and tested low scoring PL player like gayle who is never going to set the PL alight

Dutch league is a long way behind the quality of the Portuguese League Ricky was in Morty.

I''ve seen Haller play in the flesh a few times and he has always stood out amongst the rest of the players on the pitch. Some in Holland say he would be better suited on the wing if playing in England (or Germany where most assumed he would end up). He''s very quick and very good on the ball, but possibly not up to leading the line in one of the ''big'' leagues yet.

Talk of him having a medical with Norwich is very premature, if he leaves Utrecht I imagine it will be deadline day, for around £10m rather than the £6.5m being quoted. Utrecht don''t need/want to sell - but few teams in Holland can refuse big offers like that.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Dutch league is a long way behind the quality of the Portuguese League Ricky was in Morty.

I''ve seen Haller play in the flesh a few times and he has always stood out amongst the rest of the players on the pitch. Some in Holland say he would be better suited on the wing if playing in England (or Germany where most assumed he would end up). He''s very quick and very good on the ball, but possibly not up to leading the line in one of the ''big'' leagues yet.

Talk of him having a medical with Norwich is very premature, if he leaves Utrecht I imagine it will be deadline day, for around £10m rather than the £6.5m being quoted. Utrecht don''t need/want to sell - but few teams in Holland can refuse big offers like that.[/quote]Fair enough, my opinion was only based on the odd game in each, I don''t follow either regularly.

a lot of leagues abroad are quite weak other than the handful big super clubs in each division

i think that''s where Norwich have to be smart and if there is a stand out younger player playing for one of the lesser clubs we have to snap him up because once he has made a name for himself we wont be able to afford him

but its not easy and a gamble as we are in that pool of clubs all looking for players like that

but this is what annoys me if we find that player and want a player we have to move quicker and smarter

we are a premiership club there must be a lot of good younger players like haller who dream of playing in the EPL this is the place to make a name for yourself we can offer 1st team football and i would think better wages than a lot of clubs in Europe ( not the bigger clubs obviously )so it really is our chance to get these players in

The Dutch league is a poor one, however does have some really good players in it. Whether Halller will be another RVW or Bony (who scored 31 goals in 30 games in his last season there acc to wiki) remains to be seen. For £7m its worth the punt.

The Dutch league is hugely enjoyable, but does lack quality.

Even the historically big clubs aren''t great anymore. PSV are the first Dutch team to get beyond the Champions'' League group stage since 2006/7. Crazy when you think about how strong they and Ajax use to be.

We can forget Haller. Agent has confirmed Sebastian was at Carrow Rd yesterday but the player wants European football. So why did Haller and his agent waste our time visiting Carrow Rd??????? Dicks.

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2016/sebastien-haller-denies-possible-norwich-move/

For European football read ''wants European football or a extra money''.

Very unusual for a player to visit a club without a deal in place with his club though. Wonder if agent is using royal we, or Haller has a couple of representatives.

“We have indeed visited Norwich’s training ground yesterday, and Utrecht’s representatives have a good relationship with those at Norwich. But Sébastien is unlikely to join Norwich. We are looking for a club that plays European football. If a club that is playing European football offers us something and they reach an agreement with Utrecht, then a departure this winter is possible."

"Unlikely" is the key word. I''d like to play European football this year but that''s not going to happen either. Guess it''s all about £££££''s

Why would the player sign before the end of January (unless we were throwing ridiculous money at him, which we won''t) - surely he''s going to wait and see if anything else "more attractive" comes in?

Fans moan that we''re not signing a good calibre of player, but if we want to target those players there will be competition and long drawn out deals.

At least it sounds like the Dwight Gayle story maybe nonsense if we''re looking at other strikers. We dodged a bullet with Glen Murray, and I hope we do with Gayle - I think we can do better, with all due respect to Gayle, and with us only half way through the transfer window I believe we will.

2 hrs ago:http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2016/norwich-reach-e8-5m-agreement-for-sebastien-haller/

According to our colleagues at RMC, Premier League

side Norwich have reached a fee agreement with Dutch side Utrecht for

the transfer of highly-rated young French striker Sébastien Haller.

The player must now agree personal terms and undergo a medical in

order to complete the move, but a deal looks close at the time of

writing.

There''s a reason why most of the deals go through on the last day or two of the window. Often it comes right down to the last few hours. Players and agents will wait until as late as possible to make sure they don''t miss a better last minute deal from a desperate club. Why would you sign now if waiting for a couple of weeks will boost your deal?

There''s no way he came all the way over here to suddenly discover we were 15th in the table and European football was not going to happen. He''s got our offer and now its a wait and see if anything better turns up

Good points, Hairy. Must admit I read the agents comments as almost gospel, a schoolboy error. Haller has at least had some interest from Tottenham, and I believe Everton too, amongst others, so it''s understandable this will be drawn out to the death - I don''t think he''ll sign for anyone before transfer deadline day unless Spurs renew their interest. Can only hope it''s us but if he''s as decent as many say then there will be plenty of competition.

Puzzling!

Haller''s agent is playing a dangerous game if there is any life left in the potential transfer.

Maybe the player wants the weekend to mull things over whilst his agent has one last go at luring interest.

Hope we get him but this isn''t the story I was expecting to see today.

I have a feeling Haller won''t end up going anywhere this window and will move somewhere in the summer. He''s only been at Utrecht a short time and is building a good reputation but imagine the ''bigger'' clubs will want to watch him a little longer to see if it is just a short term thing or if he is the real deal.

Whilst I can''t see any English teams who are challenging for Europe being interested, I''m sure teams in Germany and France will also be looking at him.

I guess it will come down to whether he does want European football, or if he wants more money.

I cant find any association between Loic Gustan ( person claiming to be players agent) and Hallers Agency company on Transfermarket which is Agence La Vignette.Odd...............

This saga just shows how difficult it is to pull off transfer deals in this window, despite those criticising the Club for lack of activity!

as he was here at colney we must have agreed the fee with club because you can not talk to player and agent without their clubs blessing

also I would imagine wages were also talked about when he was here or before he came over

so I would say the club has done as much as it can its up to the player and agent now

like I said earlier I don''t know how much he is on there 10 k a week ? we should be able to treble that

Its pretty clear what happened yesterday. City and Utrecht have a close association, not surprising because of the proximity. Both clubs pretty much agreed on a sum, and Haller, being a Utrecht player, was obligated  to come see our facilities, do a tour, blah de blah, as instructed by his club. But the guy himself, via his agent, wants only to move to a club that will give him European football, i.e, Europa Cup or Champions  league. That for sure rules us out, and rules Villa out to. Reports of Spurs interested, so likely they will interest him.Haller being in town rules out the sightings of De Maio, the guys  look so similar and have same forename. The Haller story is very similar to Naismiths, being that two clubs  can agree a fee and a deal all they want, but end of day its the player himself, and his agent, that have the final say.So truth is at this moment, there is no Haller, no Naismith, no De Maio. People can debate what they like and say this or that, but until anyone signs on the line, they aint City.

[quote user="Molly Windley"]I cant find any association between Loic Gustan ( person claiming to be players agent) and Hallers Agency company on Transfermarket which is Agence La Vignette.Odd...............[/quote]

Hallers was with the Score Agency as a player in June of 2015 when other teams tried to sign him in the summer with his agent being stated as the well known  David Venditelli.These statements from "his agent" Loic Gustan" just do not ring true to me, Gustan`s twitter account looks nothing like a professional agents account and Im calling this as bull.

Players often have more than one agent, sometimes they work in different territories (knowledge of the league and similar deals is vital in negotiations), sometime they have a couple of people who work in partnership, sometimes they have a deal with a company who have many different agents working for them, sometimes they are just ''representatives'' - not licensed agents but people who support and advise players.

Also Transfermarket is often very inaccurate.