Sign in to follow this  
Mooney

Sébastien Haller!!?

Dutch journo insisting he will be training with Utrecht tommorow....Some English gent saying friend or relative of the lady who did the cardiology test saying it was Haller. Ok then clear as mud, nobody right now  knows nothing for certain because no City official has said anything officially, and thats official.

[quote user="Essjayess"]Dutch journo insisting he will be training with Utrecht tommorow....Some English gent saying friend or relative of the lady who did the cardiology test saying it was Haller. Ok then clear as mud, nobody right now  knows nothing for certain because no City official has said anything officially, and thats official.[/quote]He could quite easily have been in Norwich for the day and still train with them tomorrow....

[quote user="Essjayess"]True morty, but that suggests far from done deal or even no deal, even if he was here today.[/quote]Scheduled to train with them tomorrow till they hear different then?

[quote user="Essjayess"]I will take that, its as good a guess as we can  get for now.[/quote]I live near Carrow road, I should pop over and see if I can see any lights on, indicating late night deals being thrashed out.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Essjayess"]True morty, but that suggests far from done deal or even no deal, even if he was here today.[/quote]Scheduled to train with them tomorrow till they hear different then?[/quote]

Training with them Friday (to say cheerio to his team mates), paraded to the Carrow Road faithful on Saturday maybe?

Daily Mail (yeah I know) now reporting he will complete a medical tomorrow and sign for 6.5m.

[quote user="Al Harrington"]Doubt it will happen now if they''re reporting it.[/quote]He, being foreign, technically be an immigrant. They love that at the Mail.

[quote user="Al Harrington"]He''ll be taking all the jobs.[/quote]Well hopefully Lafferty''s for a start...

Well let''s hope this one makes it over the line, but after the whole Naismith BBC article thing I''m not going to believe it untill we get the offical club word.

But, for me, this is an exciting signing and hopefully also the end of any Gayle speculation. Young up and coming striker who may double his worth with a strong season!

[quote user="birchfest"]Well let''s hope this one makes it over the line, but after the whole Naismith BBC article thing I''m not going to believe it untill we get the offical club word.

But, for me, this is an exciting signing and hopefully also the end of any Gayle speculation. Young up and coming striker who may double his worth with a strong season![/quote]That sounds horribly familiar lol....

Well you could say that about any unproven player, but I''d rate his current league better than that which RVW came from....

Certainly (an know there will be some groans) his YouTube mix offers a more rounded game, certainly like to play off the last defender and not the tap in fest that we saw with Ricky!

AN and Utrecht both seem to be denying - I expect that this is just the Mirror making stuff up again.

The Utrecht owner has repeatedly said Haller won''t be sold this transfer window as he is key to their season and they would have little chance to replace him.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Looking at YouTube he will have some work to do to score regularly in the premier. Half of his goals were pens[/quote]That sounds horribly familiar...

[quote user="alartz"]This signing will be Ricky van wolfswinkel Mark 2[/quote]Joking apart, I doubt it. The first major difference is that this lad at least has the physical attributes to compete in this league ( he is 6''2") as opposed to Ricky who had the frame of a teenager.

[quote user="alartz"]Lafferty, grabban and jerome have the physical attributes. All cr@p in the premier league. Can''t see your point[/quote]What is your point that he will be Ricky Mk2 based on exactly?

dutch journalists confirming he wasnt in norwich as rumoured and AN denying rumours of signing today as nursey claimed.

May be some truth we are interested but will be a while yet. As far as to his ability who knows? He has scope to improve and decent attributes - does anyone on here really know what he is like?

In a market where the likes of Grabban go for £8m Haller looks like a decent punt who is likely to improve given his age.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]dutch journalists confirming he wasnt in norwich as rumoured and AN denying rumours of signing today as nursey claimed.

May be some truth we are interested but will be a while yet. As far as to his ability who knows? He has scope to improve and decent attributes - does anyone on here really know what he is like?

In a market where the likes of Grabban go for £8m Haller looks like a decent punt who is likely to improve given his age.[/quote]If the price is right, he does look like a decent punt.And re the comparison with Ricky, I would say that the league he is playing in looks of a lot better standard than the one Ricky was playing in.

hard to tell by league - Dele Ali came from league 1, which is significiantly worse than either portuguese or dutch league.

and ricky started in the eredivisie and scored - but there are plenty of successes and failures over the seasons fro holland - its all about the player. He would be a punt - at the mo one I would be ok trying as long as the price didnt get to steep.