Sign in to follow this  
Mooney

Sébastien Haller!!?

Press saying Norwich are in for France u21 striker.

Could he be an investment for the future or are we looking to spend £6/7 million on another mid range player who will score minimal goals this season and then send him on loan when we go down to the Championship?

We need to be spending on likes of Austin and Naismith if we are serious.

[quote user="Mooney"]Press saying Norwich are in for France u21 striker.

Could he be an investment for the future or are we looking to spend £6/7 million on another mid range player who will score minimal goals this season and then send him on loan when we go down to the Championship?

We need to be spending on likes of Austin and Naismith if we are serious.[/quote]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/3321874/ShowPost.aspx

With Simione Zaza saying he will stay at Juventus and this lad saying he prefers to stay in Holland are we yet again targeting players we have very little chance of landing .

[quote user="CanaryOne"]With Simione Zaza saying he will stay at Juventus and this lad saying he prefers to stay in Holland are we yet again targeting players we have very little chance of landing .[/quote]If I were a becoming more than a little cynical towards our board and the people running the club (obviously excluding the manager and his 1st team coaching staff, who appear to be doing their best with one hand tied behind their backs), I may suggest that these stories keep getting leaked to the press so it appears that we''re scouring the whole of Europe looking for the best players to help us stay in the Premier League. Then when the searching is done and we have signed no one of note, it would be because we actually already have the best equipped players to keep us in the Premier League at the club already. Which of course would mean pats on the back all round and 6 to 7 figure bonuses paid out to the "transfer committee" for a job well done.Of course only if I were cynical.

[quote user="CanaryOne"]With Simione Zaza saying he will stay at Juventus and this lad saying he prefers to stay in Holland are we yet again targeting players we have very little chance of landing .[/quote]When did he say this? I only ask because I have found a quote from August when Sunderland were interested that is the standard "I am just concentrating on my football and not getting worked up about rumours" guff. But nothing recently that says he specifically prefers to stay with Utrecht rather than join Norwich City.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="CanaryOne"]With Simione Zaza saying he will stay at Juventus and this lad saying he prefers to stay in Holland are we yet again targeting players we have very little chance of landing .[/quote]When did he say this? I only ask because I have found a quote from August when Sunderland were interested that is the standard "I am just concentrating on my football and not getting worked up about rumours" guff. But nothing recently that says he specifically prefers to stay with Utrecht rather than join Norwich City.[/quote]It was in the first article i read the other day , said he would prefer to remain in Holland and move to Ajax .

[quote user="Mooney"]Press saying Norwich are in for France u21 striker.

We need to be spending on likes of Austin and Naismith if we are serious.[/quote]

Take it you know nothing about him then ? Lets slate him before he even gets here. His hat trick about an hour ago looked pretty good

for every dud from the dutch league

someone else gets a suarez or a bony

so the gamble is worth taking if we can offload the awful trio of Grabben/Laffs/Hooper

[quote user="CanaryOne"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="CanaryOne"]With Simione Zaza saying he will stay at Juventus and this lad saying he prefers to stay in Holland are we yet again targeting players we have very little chance of landing .[/quote]When did he say this? I only ask because I have found a quote from August when Sunderland were interested that is the standard "I am just concentrating on my football and not getting worked up about rumours" guff. But nothing recently that says he specifically prefers to stay with Utrecht rather than join Norwich City.[/quote]It was in the first article i read the other day , said he would prefer to remain in Holland and move to Ajax .[/quote]All I can find on that is the Daily Mail claiming he fancies a move to Ajax, but there are no quotes to that effect (Haller said nothing like that at the weekend after Utrecht had beaten Ajax) and it may just be a journalistic guess. The story would be more credible if the Mail was quoting Dutch sources rather than the other way round.

So, after going through a few europeans as usual, such as Zaza and Eder, and the inevitable few days of Afobe  rumour rubbish again thanks to a very tiny piece of speculation in the Sun, its back to Seb Haller again. City are in advanced talks  and very close to signing Haller?...yea ok. One wonders where France Football get their info from. Its not even January yet and already we have been rumour linked with 4 or 5 forwards, Fun fun.

Gotta say, I wouldn''t be massively inspired by this but. His goal record is good this season, but they''re mainly penalties and we never seem to get any of them. Give me Naismith and zaza of the linked options. Zaza will probably stay at juve though, looked good the other day in the cup and scored twice.

I think either Naismith or Gayle is a shoe in for £8m. we''ve already spent £2.5m on Jarvis and we absolutely have to have a centre back, so that''s probably another £8-10m.

I don''t see us spending more than that, so unless we can offload Lafferty, Hooper and Grabban I think that will be it. Though the rumour that Bournemouth have offered £7.5m for Dorrans does make things interesting (though that was only on Talks****)

I''d take £7m for Dorrans; would be a fantastic return on the £2m we paid for him. They already have Surman starting for them, why not Dorrnas as well on a regular basis. Not playing regularly here so..

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I''d take £7m for Dorrans; would be a fantastic return on the £2m we paid for him. They already have Surman starting for them, why not Dorrnas as well on a regular basis. Not playing regularly here so..[/quote]

Paid 4 mill for Dorrans. I would be happy to offload Dorrans for 4-5 mill, as I just don''t see what he brings to the table, compared to the other CM''s we''ve got.

But selling to a fellow struggling team would always be hard.

Grabban needs to be sold. Never seemed to like it at Norwich.

Gayle . . . . why do people keep going on about him?

He''s hardly set the world alight! £8million for him would be as big a gamble as when Palace signed him.

He''s scored (wikipedia so probably not spot on) 12 goals in 55 appearances since 2013 for Palace. The only reason we would sign him is if he is on less money than Hooper and we could offload Hooper, otherwise in terms of records, they are pretty similar in terms of goals.

I can''t help but feel the money would be better spent elsewhere.

As for Grabban, people need to move on. I wouldn''t be surprised if he eventually goes in the summer, but at the moment it would appear that AN has him, Jerom and Mbokani as his preferred strikers. Lafferty and Hooper would be first out the door. Four strikers is what you need on the books IMHO.

Wiki is indeed incorrect, although neither have much to boast about.

Gayle (25 yrs old) has scored 12 goals in 48 Premier League appearances for Palace, while Hooper (27 yrs old) has struck five times in 32 Premier League appearances for Norwich.

I''ve always said I''m not convinced by Gayle and believe there are better options for the money than him.

As for selling Dorrans you are deluded to even think it''s a possibility. Yes he hasn''t started much recently but he''s an established member of our squad signed by AN. He won''t be going anywhere, especially not in Jan. We need to improve not sell our good players!

Haller remains extremely popular, Norwich the most concrete

CSKA Moscow is interested Sébastien Haller. The Russian superpower supports thereby the ranks with clubs interested in the 21-year-old French striker from FC Utrecht.

Norwich City is currently the most concrete; the number fifteen of England has 6.5 million euro for Haller, who scored eleven times in the first half of the competition. Sunderland following him for some time, while Bournemouth and Southampton manager Ronald Koeman Haller have on their list of potential reinforcements.Preliminary Utrecht it maintains an asking price of ten million for the Frenchman, who until mid 2019 fixed in the cathedral city and prefer to leave to the Premier League. For this reason, the Management Board was not even talking to the colleagues from the Turkish club Galatasaray. The opening bid of two million worked only on the laugh of major shareholder of French Seumeren and general manager Wilco van Schaik.Utrecht, which over the past year, 4.8 million euro loss suffered, the money may a possible transfer to good use. The club took Haller a year ago on loan from Auxerre, after which the club an option explained to recruit him finally to eight tons. In 35 official matches the Frenchman scored 25 times.

Coach Erik ten Hag seems busy with Haller. In conversation with the NIS, he deals with the situation of the Frenchman. "I understand that the whole world is after him. Perfect sense. He feels that he is developing here and is happy. But if there comes a mega amount, then anything is possible, "said Ten Hag. His club asks ten million euros for the 21-year-old Haller.

Im just perplexed by the reports about this guy. Around xmas or just before their were rumours about him linked to us  but since its gone  deathly silent. If you believe the rumours, we have been messing around in Italy looking at players who obviously would never come here, and some fans have said well Italys not like Holland, Dutch sides know Norwich so easier to get guys there. Well, Haller has a goal scoring record to rival, if not even better Afobes, hes in Utrecht, not Milan or Napoli or Turin, and he could be grabbed for maybe 10 or 15 mill euroTheres even rumours of us messing around in Moscow for some Senegal guy, but yea likely a load of old bull. Idk...City transfer windows are a p.i.t.a. but of course most of the bull comes from journos minds rather than City themselves.

Haller is certainly generating interest and while the eredivisie is not the hardest league to score in it has been a platform for romario, ronaldo & suarez as well as less successful moves of kezman etc.

Will just add it to the long list of links of the exotica until we know whether there is any genuine interest