Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

GOT HIM!

[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zpshqzips5o.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zpshqzips5o.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Pleased to see us making signings like this - shows we''re looking long term as well as short term.

Lets hope he turns out to be the next Dele Alli.

(No pressure Ben). :)

Yippee!!!????!

Can''t get excited about the signing of a kid.

What ever happened to MCGrandle and Thompson?... I won''t hold my breath on seeing this guy in a an NCFC shirt in a hurry.

Brilliant thats it for transfer window then, we r safe in premier league for another year

At least he wanted to come here!

Sounds like he''s highly thought of, certainly more so than McGrandles and Thompson, so here''s hoping. If either him or Dialliang(?) turn out to be the real deal then we''ll be laughing - there of course are gems out there, and we''re due to uncover 1 or 2.

This is all for the future and no different to the youth set up just a case of flexing our premiership status. We will win some with some of these players turning into future club stars like Rudd and potentially Toffolo, and we will lose some like McGeehan.

Just look to the Murphy''s as an example of buying young players to blood. Of course it is a gamble but all it takes is one rising star to be a hit to either bring success or be sold for profit.

Building for the future, what''s more the difference with this and the Mcgrandles and Thompson signing is that those were done under a different manager in a lower league... And still have time to come good!

Take a look at some of the comments on Facebook and Twitter in response to this transfer

Shameful.

[quote user="Capt. Pants"]A bit of a kick in the teeth for our Academy?[/quote]

Realistically no more than any other signing from another club. Buying Matt Jarvis was as much an indication of Alex Neil believing the Murphy''s weren''t worth risking in the premier league than buying an 18 year old is to our young midfielders.

Main issue with this signing is that our hesitation to blood young players (only one 24 year old from our youth team this season a few years after winning the FA Youth Cup team is a bit disappointing) means we''ll likely just loan him out to upper league one lower championship teams for a few years and then sell him on for half the original purchase price to try his luck elsewhere. Probably better off buying experienced players we actually have a chance of using at some stage.

[quote user="AJ"]Of course it is a gamble but all it takes is one rising star to be a hit to either bring success or be sold for profit.[/quote]I think the fee being talked about was peanuts compared to say McGrandles, sub £100k versus £1m. Trying to exploit contract situations with some of these young players might stand a good chance of bearing fruit. Bet small and win big on one or two.

[quote user="alartz"]Yeah! Great signing. I look forward to seeing him loaned out to Swindon next week...[/quote]Do you understand anything about football? Godfrey will almost certainly play for our U18/U21 teams, and not be loaned out for the next couple of seasons. It''s called youth development.

Hi 93vintage. In case you didn''t realise we are a premier league team looking to Strengthen the squad and stay in the premier league this season.

The under 18s/21s squads seriously!? Because that''s gonna help the cause. We have plenty of youngsters on the books that will never break into the first team. Godfrey is no exception. How about sticking to the first team as 100% priority in January transfer window and worry about the reserves at the end of the season

I don''t agree - if a talent gets spotted at any time, we should be in for them, and hopefully this Godfrey lad will come on as hoped.

Despite the (incorrect) mantra that we promised we''d do all our business early but have done nothing, I think I''m right that we have now signed 4 players, sold 1, and sent out 3 on loan - all by the 15th. There''s plenty of names being bandied about, hopefully some will eventually stick - but to-date I think it has been a decent Window for us.

[quote user="alartz"]Hi 93vintage. In case you didn''t realise we are a premier league team looking to Strengthen the squad and stay in the premier league this season.

The under 18s/21s squads seriously!? Because that''s gonna help the cause. We have plenty of youngsters on the books that will never break into the first team. Godfrey is no exception. How about sticking to the first team as 100% priority in January transfer window and worry about the reserves at the end of the season[/quote]What a load of bollox.So we should avoid any potential talent because they won''t fit into the first team straight away? We need to pick these kids up when they are available.

Anyone with half a brain should be able to see that this piece of business is separate to anything else we do in this window. Whether we signed him or not doesn''t affect who is or isn''t signed for the first team before Feb 1st. Nobody knows how good this kid is going to be and I applaud the club for identifying him and signing him.

[quote user="alartz"]Hi 93vintage. In case you didn''t realise we are a premier league team looking to Strengthen the squad and stay in the premier league this season.

The under 18s/21s squads seriously!? Because that''s gonna help the cause. We have plenty of youngsters on the books that will never break into the first team. Godfrey is no exception. How about sticking to the first team as 100% priority in January transfer window and worry about the reserves at the end of the season[/quote]

Haha, please tell me you''re having a laugh?!

Just imagine all the training it took for alarz to become a big of a k.nob as he is.

[quote user="Gordon Bennett"]Anyone with half a brain should be able to see that this piece of business is separate to anything else we do in this window. Whether we signed him or not doesn''t affect who is or isn''t signed for the first team before Feb 1st. Nobody knows how good this kid is going to be and I applaud the club for identifying him and signing him.[/quote]

Totally agree with this. We are still going to strengthen the first team-always good to sign good young prospects. You are allowed to do both.