Sign in to follow this  
jaemae2

Ryan Bennett

I think if Martin had played as Bennett did at CB against Stole the pitchforks would be out.

Makes me laugh, the defensive frailties of our team are apparent, the continuity of any poor performance is Martin.

However, the only person to blame for Wednesday''s performance is O''Neil, an absolute disgrace. The bloke should be sold immediately, or maybe just given away!

I''m still angry about it!!

Hard to believe Ryan has been with City 4 years but is still only 25. Im delighted to see him having this run in the first team, and really hope he continues there. He has come in since Alex adopted the more defensive stance and has done ok in my book. Its the Premiership, the toughest league in the world for pressure due to its high energy work rate, and considering he was outside the first 11 more than inside it for so long i cannot fault the guy to much. Just think we should persevere with him, he is still learning at 25 and could be Captain material, hes done it before, at an early age to. 6ft 2in, 25 yrs old, still improving CB...wonder how much it would cost to sign a guy with those stats, if he was a stranger to us with only youtube vids to analyse him.

''''Hard to believe Ryan has been with City 4 years but is still only 25. Im delighted to see him having this run in the first team, and really hope he continues there. He has come in since Alex adopted the more defensive stance and has done ok in my book. Its the Premiership, the toughest league in the world for pressure due to its high energy work rate, and considering he was outside the first 11 more than inside it for so long i cannot fault the guy to much. Just think we should persevere with him, he is still learning at 25 and could be Captain material, hes done it before, at an early age to. 6ft 2in, 25 yrs old, still improving CB...wonder how much it would cost to sign a guy with those stats, if he was a stranger to us with only youtube vids to analyse him.''''

Couldnt agree more essssjjjaaayy, Rb has done well since coming back in and we look better for him being there.

It wan''t is best game on Saturday and the own goal was the rancid cream topping for the lad, but if he''s made of the right stuff , he''ll bounce back.

I would be very surprised if AN hasnt put an arm round his shoulder and told him that tthose kinds of games can happen to any centre half.

Maybe some StatSmart@rse can name a CB that never had a below par game or scored an own goal.

we have looked better since Bennett has been at CB

I think with pinto right back and Bennett RCB will be a good partnership

I just hope AN doesn''t drop him to get R martin in the team !

"I just hope AN doesn''t drop him to get R martin in the team"

Don''t even tempt fate, sorry to knock AN but it took him a while to realise Bennett is better, I don''t think he''d make the same mistake twice. Surely he''ll be competing at RB for Pinto as well as backup CB until we buy a CB.

I said in the thread with the Brentford CB rumour. I think AN is trying to replace Bassong and have Bennett in the starting 11. Personally I''d agree with him as well if this was the case.

I now hear we''re after Klose so;

Pinto(orMartin--Bennett--Klose--Brady

I would agree with that Mrs Miggins. Certainly as Klose is left footed he would likely replace Bassong rather than Bennett who I think has been the better CB since he came back into the team.

To be fair to Bassong, hes almost been ever present in the team since Alex arrived, and has been an immovable rock this season. But its one position where City have few alternatives, so getting Klose (hopefully) will help a great deal. Would still expect Klose to get up to speed after a few weeks, in a winter break, plus  never played in the Prem, so likely to still see Seb in that spot for awhile.Age is not everything of course, but to have Bennett at 25 and Klose at 27 forming a no frills CB partnership, with Seb as back up etc, feels good. On paper at least lol.