Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Bournemouth predictions

Thoughts? I''ll go 3-2 to us, Bournemouth to start brightly but Howson to continue his good form and an Mbokani double to show Grabban why he was never going to be ahead of the technically superior African at Carrow Rd. My only concerns are the extra day of rest and preperation time that Bournemouth have had, I hope this isn''t a factor. Not sure who should play in centre mid, as Mulumbu, despite his reputation, really didn''t look at the races against Man City, and Dorrans didn''t look as good as he can be. Therefore my line up would be - Rudd, Pinto, Bennett, Bassong, Brady, Redmond, Howson, Tettey, Jarvis, Hoolahan or VOO just behind Mbokani. Redmond I''m hoping will shine with Pinto backing him, but the flanks look strong now thanks to the return of Jarvis and the signing of Pinto who apparently has all the right attributes to help let Redmond off the leash without fear. OTBC

Massive game imo whoever loses will go down as i cannot see 2 out of Newcastle, Swansea and Sunderland going down. On balance Swansea looks the most vulnerable, Sunderland are starting to pock up points and Newcastle have massive resources despite the wally with the brolly being in charge. My prediction score draw. What a nightmare if Grabben and Afobe score

With VOO starting to show exactly what he''s capable of, I think it would be silly to leave him out, so maybe I wouldn''t start Redmond as it would probably make sense to bring him on in the second half if needs be. We tend to start games slowly and only get going in the second half - funnily enough, from my understanding, the complete opposite of Bmth. If we keep it tight the first half then l''ll be very confident we''ll go on to win this.

A point would be a good result. For Bournemouth, it''s a must win game. For us, not so much.

I think a point would be an ''ok'' result Hogesar, but I''d be disappointed - they have been poor at home this season and I really don''t rate them as highly as some. They have only 10 points from 10 games at home this season. I think we''re showing that we can mix it up away from home and I think we''ll beat them, despite less rest/tactical time/this weeks travel etc - everytime we''ve played them in the last couple of years we''ve looked superior to them, even with 10 men in their own back yard (which it literally is).

Still going with 3-2 though we have every chance of at least equalling our best away win this season if we turn up.

Are we capable of winning? Yes, and winning well. Should we win? Again yes, I think our team is on paper still better. Will we win? Well, it depends on Alex I feel. Any more bonkers tactical changes and line ups will obviously hamper our chances. Keep it simple with the 4-5-1 which got some momentum going at Xmas and I think we''ll be OK. I''m going 1-2.

Don''t want to be a wet blanket, but the best I can see is 1-1. Neither club is playing very well at the moment, and with our tendency to self-destruct...

I worry about our slow starts... we don''t seem to get going until half time. I''m picking an away win 1-2 and no-one gets sent off!

Hopefully they start Grabban. He wasn''t good enough in practice to get a place on our bench, so our defenders must be able to make him look very ordinary.

We pretty much throttled them last time we played, tho with this being an away match, similar domination is less likely, but a goalless draw wouldn''t be out of the question. Neither would a solid 0 - 2 win. Will we have very many in the crowd there?

Expecting a pretty open game. Should be good for roamers like Howson. Fancy him to score.

Also, 4.50 (7/2) on Norwich is way good too turn down, in a rather evenly balanced game.

I''d say Norwich'' chances for a win is about 30%, so 4.50 is massive overodds.

Redmond should be benched. Been poor for a few weeks imho, although good vs Man U.

Morty would claim he is in top form, though....

Jerome likely starting, but Mbokani will have a role to play.

VOO must play.

I''d drop Olsson for Brady, and Jarvis on the left wing.

I would like to think we could win this but I think grabben will be a fly in the ointment and score as he has a point to prove both teams need a win 2-1 to them

Bournemouth 2-0 Norwich. I''m feeling pessimistic about this one. It really is a must not lose game for us, and a draw wouldn''t be a bad result.

I just can''t see us losing 3 in a row (including FA Cup), and I remember last season when Bournemouth had their run in that they really struggled when the pressure was on. I wonder if they''ll feel that pressure today knowing that a loss would see them 5 points behind us? I honestly believe if we keep it tight early on then the Bmth supporters will start getting restless, and we know what that can do.

Norwich win with Howson and Mbokani both finding the net. Like a previous poster said, at 7/2 I will be putting my money where my mouth is today. Very generous odds.

My prediction is that many are overplaying the significance of this game, as if the winner stays up/loser goes down - which is ridiculous when there''s still >1/3 of the season to go and the transfer window signings still to kick-in.

Obviously it is a big game, against one of the sides around us, so it would be best to not lose. I reckon it''ll be a draw, which is fine.

3-1 Bournemouth with Grabban getting one of the goals. Hopefully we will win as 3 points is vital for both sides in this fixture

If we play at our best I think we''ll beat them.  Rudd will need to have a good game with their good distance shooting, but he is more than capable of stopping most long range stuff.    2-0 to us.

For someone to say whoever loses this will go down is a really daft thing to say. All clubs have 17 games to go, losing puts added pressure on, but its 3 points to fight for out of a possible 51. If Muff lose they could hit bottom 3 after this round of fixtures, City will not if we lose.Honestly dislike this fixture, happy when its done and dusted. All points to a big Bournemouth win, around 4-1 or 5-1. Dont think Grabban will get the spotlight, more Iturbe on his debut.

[quote user="morty"]I predict that if Bournemouth lose, Eddie Howe will buy Alex Neil.[/quote]

Daft, dull, useless. Next

[quote user="grefstad"][quote user="morty"]I predict that if Bournemouth lose, Eddie Howe will buy Alex Neil.[/quote]

Daft, dull, useless. Next[/quote]Awww, you okay mate? Still dark and sh1t where you live?[:(]

Nah, since winter solstice, the days are around 1 hour longer. Nothing to complain about, bar your constant useless posts.

[quote user="grefstad"]Nah, since winter solstice, the days are around 1 hour longer. Nothing to complain about, bar your constant useless posts.[/quote][{][}]