Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

Team for Bournemouth?

I think Hoolahan ends up too deep unless he has Jerome ahead of him, he tends to drop deeper and Hoolahan gets on the ball more, really not sure if I like the look of him behind Mbokani. I would Play Ofoe instead of Hoolahan, Howson right, and Dorrans anchor with Tettey.

Miggsy is not to far away from what i think so lets go with it. Win, draw or lose i just think our season really kick on once this fixture is out the way, as the Afobe and Grabban stuff has taken way to much time being discussed these last 7 or 8 months. If Klose does indeed sign early next week, we will all feel City are finally getting it together, and two home games against Pool and Spurs  will whet the appetite.

Nothing mysterious my friend,I am a fan of 43 years who happens to know the team for today, nothing sinister.

Would very much like to see either Howson or Ofoe to partner Tettey in the centre of midfield, the other to join Hoolahan and Redmond as the attacking trio behind Mbokani. The inclusion or either Mulumbu or Dorrans to partner Tettey I see as extremely negative - playing for the draw against a team we are very capable of beating away.

So team I''d like to see is:

Rudd

Martin, Bennett, Bassong, Brady

Howson, Tettey

Redmond, Hoolahan, Ofoe

MBokani

Would also like to see VOO next to Tettey. No Dorrans or Mulumbu, please. Jerome will start, with Mbokani coming on. Howson is a roamer, and I think he will find space to score today.

Rudd

Martin, Bennett, Bassong, Brady

VOO, Tettey

Howson, Hoolahan, Jarvis

Jerome

Redmond to come on for either VOO or Howson, the one not subbed moves to def mid.

Olsson to come in for Jarvis, with Brady moved to LW, depending on us chasing the game or protecting a lead.

Mbokani for Jerome after 60-70 mins.

I like your line up, gref.

I''m ambivalent as to whether Jerome or Mmm-bop starts but everyother selection I agree with 100%.

Redmond seems much more effective as a sub who can run them ragged.

Please please please Bournemouth, start Grabban. We''ve got his number!

[quote user="Lord Eddard Stark"]Who is this willo and what''s the deal with ending every comment with an ellipsis the mysterious little devil?[/quote]

If you check previous threads he always has the team spot on ( see last week Man City when it would have been impossible to guess ). When he says it is it usually is and in this instance he has said it is not it maybe.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]Add a few commas, b back. It took 3 readings to figure out what you meant. And the end should''ve been may be, not maybe.[/quote]
"The end should have read "may be", not maybe."
4/10
Though not bad considering it isn''t your native language.
[Cue incoherent rage attack re: how much we all want to visit America]

[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zpsswrarixu.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zpsswrarixu.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="mrs miggins"]-----------------Rudd-----------------

Martin--Bennett--Bassong--Brady

---------Howson--Tettey------------

Ofoe--------Hoolahan--------Jarvis

--------------Mbokani---------------

Firstly, is Tettey suspended?

Second, what would your team be?[/quote]

Oooh, la-di-da. Alex''s secret assistant[:D]

[quote user="king canary"]Starting to wonder what has to happen for Mulumbu to get a start- thought he''d be nailed on with O''Neil suspended.[/quote]He really didn''t look good when I watched him in the Man City game.

@Morty- that is a shame, had high hopes for him when we signed him but currently he seems to be about 6th in the midfield pecking order!

[quote user="king canary"]@Morty- that is a shame, had high hopes for him when we signed him but currently he seems to be about 6th in the midfield pecking order![/quote]Maybe not entirely his fault, he was paired with Dorrans in front of a back five, and neither Mulumbu or Dorrans looked comfortable in their roles.For me, though, Mulumbu looked a bit off the pace too.

I get the impression that Mulumbu is still getting back to match fitness, though to be honest I like the look of that 11!

Best XI at the moment. Sadly I missed Jerome for Mbokani, but the rest was correct.

Still think it is strange Mbokani starting twice in 3 days....but AN knows best.

Personally I would prefer Jerome''s constant harassing in this game, as we normally play well vs Bournemouth when we play a high line, and it requires hard work from the forward to open spaces for the highlined midfield to score.

But in AN we trust!

*sigh* piss poor defending for that goal. So easy for Pugh to get his cross in and a player given a free header 6 yards out. Cracking cross mind.