Team for Bournemouth?

-----------------Rudd-----------------

Martin--Bennett--Bassong--Brady

---------Howson--Tettey------------

Ofoe--------Hoolahan--------Jarvis

--------------Mbokani---------------

Firstly, is Tettey suspended?

Second, what would your team be?

I''d go for the same team as you Miggins, although wouldn''t complain at Olsson left back, Brady left mid.

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Surely Pinto should be getting in ahead of Martin if hes any good .[/quote]
Why, so you can whinge like a little p*ssy about him too?

I''ve also been toying with the idea (when I''m manager of course) with playing Brady in wessi''s role with Jarvis at LM and Olsson at LB. Although I''m sure Brady would be really good there as well, that left hand side might look a bit weak without him there. Brady is much better at getting past players that Wes is and he can go either way as well (left or right) whereas wes (however good he may be) has to always get on his left foot and doesn''t score too many.

(I''m just throwing it out there, we''ve been on a great run recently with Brady on the left and wessi playing so i''m not complaining, just suggesting - though if it ain''t broke and all that)

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="CanaryOne"]Surely Pinto should be getting in ahead of Martin if hes any good .[/quote]
Why, so you can whinge like a little p*ssy about him too?
[/quote] Even a wanker like yourself must realise Russell Martin is utter dog shite .

AN has already said that Pinto wont be in the squad this weekend so on that basis I would go with the squad Mrs Miggins has gone for and start Wisdom instead of Martin.

Tettey will get a 2 match ban with his next booking; got to hope he can go through this & the liverpool game without a card - otherwise we will go into the spurs game without him or O''Neill - or both home games if he is booked tomorrow.

Looking forward to seeing the Brady Jarvis left side from the off on Saturday. Like having Wes and Voo in the same side, gives us a real goal scoring threat. It was a great goal by Howson but was laid off by Voo, good to see creative quality.

Would be a very open attacking side if it is the selection Miggins has suggested.  Bold indeed.

I like the look of Miggins'' line up and think that this is the most positive adjustment to O''Neil''s absence. We were well in the game on Wednesday before the red card so see no reason to change it otherwise.

But I wouldn''t be surprised to see a more solid/straight swap in with Dorrans or Mulumbu coming in instead, keeping Howson as the left midfielder (who was playing well there regardless of the goal).

I''d expected to have seen more of Mulumbu so far tbh, even when taking into account his injury, he looked a level up from our other CMs in pre season. Will be surprised if he isn''t a regular starter come the end of the season, perhaps the O''Neil red card will give him the foothold he needs to get into the team.

Yes Jenkins he looked rather sluggish in the Man City game I must admit! Although not sure how good a measure that (and the Spurs game) is when the whole team also played poorly- maybe match fitness a factor too?

From what I saw of him in pre season and at Everton away in the cup, where he was a stand out performer, I still think that he will be breaking into the team at some point.

After starting the season strongly, Dorrans similarly has looked rusty in recent weeks and seems off the pace slightly.

As I said Miggins'' line up is certainly the most positive amendment we can make to replacing O''Neil. Just considering what AN may feel a more sensible swap.

Mandanda
Pinto   Di Maio Ranocchia  Brady
             Tettey    Mulumbu
Redmond                            Jarvis
              Naismith
                      Haller

Preview here with a Bournemouth fan''s opinion.

http://www.thelittleyellowbirdproject.co.uk/articles/2016/1/15/preview-bournemouth-v-norwich

Interesting little quote when he was asked about the fairytail Bournemouth myth "I’ve lost count of the times the small ground and fanbase dig has been fired in and to clear this up beyond all reasonable doubt, we never would have got to the Premier League without money."

Agreed, they wouldn''t have. But he makes out like it''s the only way to get there. We did it in 2010 as a newly promoted club with a lower Championship budget. We also stayed up and were doing much better than them by this point in the season our first year without throwing 20 Million at two strikers (and a potential 15 Mil for Iturbe if they decide to sign him) . So it''s not some fairytale story about a club punching above it''s weight. You can achieve what they did on a much smaller budget and without a consolidating year in the Championship.

I think it''s understandable that our fans resent Bournemouth (and Swansea) a bit. We''ve had so much success in the last 6 or so years but nobody pays the slightest bit of notice. It has consequences too, our obscurity makes it harder to sign players and our players don''t get over rated and sold for 10 million+ like Swansea have had.

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]Have you seen Mulumbu play recently?[/quote]I was at Man City, he didn''t look too sharp....

[quote user="mrs miggins"]-----------------Rudd-----------------

Martin--Bennett--Bassong--Brady

---------Howson--Tettey------------

Ofoe--------Hoolahan--------Jarvis

--------------Mbokani---------------

Firstly, is Tettey suspended?

Second, what would your team be?[/quote]

I''d pick the same team other than instead of Martin I''d pick Wisdom and make Howson captain.

morty wrote the following post at 15/01/2016 9:45 PM:

Mr Jenkins wrote:

Have you seen Mulumbu play recently?

I was at Man City, he didn''t look too

Yep saw him at the cup game and at Spurs and he didn''t look as I''d remembered him.

Pretty sure it''s just a fitness issue and hopefully that''s coming back, we need him at his most influential.

[quote user="Lord Eddard Stark"]Yes Jenkins he looked rather sluggish in the Man City game I must admit! Although not sure how good a measure that (and the Spurs game) is when the whole team also played poorly- maybe match fitness a factor too?

From what I saw of him in pre season and at Everton away in the cup, where he was a stand out performer, I still think that he will be breaking into the team at some point.

After starting the season strongly, Dorrans similarly has looked rusty in recent weeks and seems off the pace slightly.

As I said Miggins'' line up is certainly the most positive amendment we can make to replacing O''Neil. Just considering what AN may feel a more sensible swap.[/quote]

👍

[quote user="Darth Bor"]
                Mandanda
Pinto   Di Maio Ranocchia  Brady
             Tettey    Mulumbu
Redmond                            Jarvis
              Naismith
                      Haller
[/quote]Can''t believe you''ve overlooked Tony Andreu.

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]morty wrote the following post at 15/01/2016 9:45 PM:

Mr Jenkins wrote:

Have you seen Mulumbu play recently?

I was at Man City, he didn''t look too

Yep saw him at the cup game and at Spurs and he didn''t look as I''d remembered him.

Pretty sure it''s just a fitness issue and hopefully that''s coming back, we need him at his most influential.[/quote]

Just to play devils advocate a bit here, if you think Mulumbu''s issue is fitness and we need him at his most influential wouldn''t playing him tomorrow in O''Neil''s absence be the best way to allow him to get some match fitness?

I''d go with GK Rudd; DF Martin, Brady, Bennett, Bassong; MF Ofoe, Tettey, Jarvis and FW Mbokani in the starting line up; it''s probably a question of choosing two from Howson / Mulumbu / Dorrans / Hoolahan to make up the rest of the five man midfield.

I''ll plump for him going with a mustn''t lose strategy and select Mulumbu to give a more combative midfield and move Howson into the attacking midfield role to allow Jarvis to come in on Left Wing.

Yes he does need to play holtcanshoot but it''s a problem putting him in there if he''s not at his best. Making those sorts of decisions is what Mr Neil is paid for. Personally I''d go with miggins team.