Sign in to follow this  
grefstad

Sunderland/Newcastle/Swansea

Needless to say, it is hugely important for us that Newcastle, Swansea and Sunderland are not picking up points this weekend.

Newcastle should struggle with in-form West Ham, but the late 3-3 goal vs Man U was a morale booster for Newcastle.

Sunderland with a lucky 2-4 win at Swansea in midweek. Played off the park, but Swans got a man sent off, and Defoe scored a hattrick.

Bow the lucky bast@rds face Tottenham in a small form blip. We need Spurs to find their feet again, as Sunderland should normally lose this game.

Swansea play on Monday, and in present form, I think Watford can well get something. Draw is likely.

In all honesty I''d expect all three of them to lose this weekend- West Ham are in great form, Spurs are playing well and Swansea look so rotten I can''t see them beating Watford.

Having said that, they''ll all go and win 3-0 now.

You can''t drive yourself crazy looking at other team''s fixtures and results. Safety is in our hands. If we fail to pick up enough points we deserve to go down.

If you are concerned about our chances of survival, you would pay attention to the results of teams around us, espescially those around the relegation places.

Saying it "is all in our hands", even though it is correct at this point in time, is a head-in-the-sand policy longer term. Things can change quickly, and our margin of error is very slim.

If teams below us lose, it''s less pressure on us to pick up points.

I''d say or chances of survival is roughly 50% about ourselves, and 50% about how other teams are doing.

It really is all in our hands though.Win enough games and it doesn''t matter what anyone else does.

[quote user="morty"]It really is all in our hands though.Win enough games and it doesn''t matter what anyone else does.[/quote]

You are right, it is, at the moment. But when we lose a few, on the trot, it is vital that the others are not gaining (too much).

Therefore, hoping for more misery for Sunderland, Newcastle and Swansea can only be good for us.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]If you''re a casual fan with only a passing interest in the team, then of course you wouldn''t be overly concerned about how teams around us perform.[/quote]

Good thing that you''re a loyal NCFC fan. It would be hard work to keep up with every team''s location on google maps.

Just got in from work, started to panic, then read your 2nd post and didnt quite get up to full speed panic then had to calm down, its gonna be a fun afternoon.....never mind the rest of the season.

[quote user="grefstad"]Oh, but it is all in our hands, isn''t it....?[/quote]I was taking the pi$$ out of you, if you extracted your head from your own anus, you may have spotted that....

Allardyce is doing some job there to be fair. When we played them they were the worst team I''ve seen all season. Van Aanholt, Coates and Kaboul in particular barely even resembled footballers. The defensive equivalent of RVW''s.

I''m really surprised they''re keeping pace somehow

2-1 Spurs now, can''t even remember what panicking is like?

I am glad its not all in our own hands, teams like Spurs need to beat the likes of Sunderland......for our sake.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]Panic??? what panic, i wasnt, honest, ....ok then, i panicked between 1326 and 1327. but only for 2 minutes.[/quote]I was watching the game before I switched back to the Sheff Wed one, and Spurs looked awful.I didn''t panic mind....

[quote user="morty"][quote user="wcorkcanary"]Panic??? what panic, i wasnt, honest, ....ok then, i panicked between 1326 and 1327. but only for 2 minutes.[/quote]I was watching the game before I switched back to the Sheff Wed one, and Spurs looked awful.I didn''t panic mind....[/quote]

If you got a bigger TV you''d be able to watch both games on one screen*.

* This theory is bought to you by the Grefstad law of TV dynamics.

[quote user="Ricky Spanish"]Allardyce is doing some job there to be fair. When we played them they were the worst team I''ve seen all season. Van Aanholt, Coates and Kaboul in particular barely even resembled footballers. The defensive equivalent of RVW''s.

I''m really surprised they''re keeping pace somehow[/quote]

Big Sam obviously looking for Manager of the Season. [;)]

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="morty"][quote user="wcorkcanary"]Panic??? what panic, i wasnt, honest, ....ok then, i panicked between 1326 and 1327. but only for 2 minutes.[/quote]I was watching the game before I switched back to the Sheff Wed one, and Spurs looked awful.I didn''t panic mind....[/quote]

[/quote][:D]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="grefstad"]Oh, but it is all in our hands, isn''t it....?[/quote]I was taking the pi$$ out of you, if you extracted your head from your own anus, you may have spotted that....[/quote]

Yeah, you seem to try to take the pi$$ out of anyone in this forum, don''t you. Give it a rest, is my excellent advice

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="morty"][quote user="wcorkcanary"]Panic??? what panic, i wasnt, honest, ....ok then, i panicked between 1326 and 1327. but only for 2 minutes.[/quote]I was watching the game before I switched back to the Sheff Wed one, and Spurs looked awful.I didn''t panic mind....[/quote]

[/quote]

Infact, I am. Watching Spurs and Sheff Wed with picture in picture...

[quote user="grefstad"][quote user="morty"][quote user="grefstad"]Oh, but it is all in our hands, isn''t it....?[/quote]I was taking the pi$$ out of you, if you extracted your head from your own anus, you may have spotted that....[/quote]

Yeah, you seem to try to take the pi$$ out of anyone in this forum, don''t you. Give it a rest, is my excellent advice[/quote]I don''t even have to try with you, you make it pretty easy...

It''s Villa''s and Sunderlands time to go down, both have been lucky for several seasons now but not this time. I think Swansea will join them to complete the three

[quote user="grefstad"][quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="morty"][quote user="wcorkcanary"]Panic??? what panic, i wasnt, honest, ....ok then, i panicked between 1326 and 1327. but only for 2 minutes.[/quote]I was watching the game before I switched back to the Sheff Wed one, and Spurs looked awful.I didn''t panic mind....[/quote]

[/quote]

Infact, I am. Watching Spurs and Sheff Wed with picture in picture...[/quote]Really?The Sheff Wed game finished 5 minutes ago...