Sign in to follow this  
Robert Barnes

So what's with Naismith

Perhaps it would help if we targeted more players with pregnant wives. Could even make a Colney Midwife cost effective....

[quote user="morty"]And I have been to Swansea, I know where I would choose between there and Norwich, if we are talking about quality of family life.

[/quote]

Oh, you´ve travelled, Morty?

I´ve also been to Swansea, Cardiff, Bristol, Bath and most other cities "down there".

None of them any worse, or much better, than Norwich.

As for Naismith only moving if he gets paid good money, I agree to this. He is 29, likely one of his last big moves, and will want to get proper pay.

Moving from Everton to Norwich will usually bring a pay drop, quite significantly as well.

I dont know our wage maximum, but I am guessing on 50k/w as max. Could also be as low as 40k/week, but I am leaning on 50k.

Could Naismith be on more than that at Everton, and would he be offered our (theoretical) max wage? Doubt it.

[quote user="grefstad"][quote user="morty"]And I have been to Swansea, I know where I would choose between there and Norwich, if we are talking about quality of family life.

[/quote]

Oh, you´ve travelled, Morty?

I´ve also been to Swansea, Cardiff, Bristol, Bath and most other cities "down there".

None of them any worse, or much better, than Norwich.

As for Naismith only moving if he gets paid good money, I agree to this. He is 29, likely one of his last big moves, and will want to get proper pay.

Moving from Everton to Norwich will usually bring a pay drop, quite significantly as well.

I dont know our wage maximum, but I am guessing on 50k/w as max. Could also be as low as 40k/week, but I am leaning on 50k.

Could Naismith be on more than that at Everton, and would he be offered our (theoretical) max wage? Doubt it.[/quote]You''re a c0ck[Y]

[quote user="morty"]You''re a c0ck[Y][/quote]

Oh...I love the quality posts by this creature. Always an amusing read.

Morty´s pathetic insults apart, back to the topic.

If Swansea are interested, they will get him. Armed with a massiv 12 mill payout for the crappy Shelvey, they will match the 8 mill asking price, and spend the last 4 mill on 1 year of his wages.

[quote user="grefstad"][quote user="morty"]You''re a c0ck[Y][/quote]

If Swansea are interested, they will get him. Armed with a massiv 12 mill payout for the crappy Shelvey, they will match the 8 mill asking price, and spend the last 4 mill on 1 year of his wages.[/quote]I have checked back, and you''re still a c0ck.Anyone who has been to Swansea and Norwich and thinks Swansea is a nicer place is either on a windup, or a liar.

[quote user="grefstad"][quote user="morty"]You''re a c0ck[Y][/quote]

If Swansea are interested, they will get him. Armed with a massiv 12 mill payout for the crappy Shelvey, they will match the 8 mill asking price, and spend the last 4 mill on 1 year of his wages.[/quote]More fool them if they pay that kind of money for a player who can''t get into Everton''s sqaud.As for staying and fighting for his place, even he must know that he''s surplus to requirements at Goodison.

sky sports news .......

SWANSEA INTERESTED IN NAISMITH

Swansea have joined Norwich in the race to sign Steven Naismith from Everton.

Naismith has been heavily linked with a move to Carrow Road but the deal appears to have stalled and the Swans have now confirmed their interest.

"I think he''s on a list," said interim manager Alan Curtis. "I know he''s a player available, he''s an excellent player. Like all good players, if we can afford to bring him in, then we will be interested.

"We''re still looking for that main striker. Steve is probably someone who plays just behind the main striker but someone we will be interested in."

so he is available just doesn''t want to come here by the look of that

I have a tripe question. According to Morty (somewhere way back in this or another tripe-laden thread) we should "pay whatever is necessary to keep us up". I need guidance on exactly how much that is. As of yesterday, the most accurate figures for the season''s net spend on transfers of each club currently in the bottom six are as follows:
Newcastle: 60.6M
Bournemouth: 38.4M
Sunderland: 25.3M
Norwich: 3.72M
Villa: 1.2M
Swansea: net profit of 2.6M

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]I have a tripe question. According to Morty (somewhere way back in this or another tripe-laden thread) we should "pay whatever is necessary to keep us up". I need guidance on exactly how much that is. As of yesterday, the most accurate figures for the season''s net spend on transfers of each club currently in the bottom six are as follows:
[/quote]If you could point out where I said that please?Because I''m fairly sure I didn''t.

Anyone who thinks Swansea is on par with Norwich as a city either hasn''t been to Swansea or perhaps more likely, hasn''t been to Norwich...

westcoastcanary wrote the following post at 14/01/2016 10:24 PM:

I have a tripe question. According to Morty (somewhere way back in this or another tripe-laden thread) we should "pay whatever is necessary to keep us up". I need guidance on exactly how much that is. As of yesterday, the most accurate figures for the season''s net spend on transfers of each club currently in the bottom six are as follows:

Where do these figures come from, so many deals are made up of lots of different components, some of which may never be realised, also fees often undisclosed?

I do have to admit I love it between Swansea and Cardiff

and if I moved from Norfolk that would be my choice

[quote user="hogesar"]Anyone who thinks Swansea is on par with Norwich as a city either hasn''t been to Swansea or perhaps more likely, hasn''t been to Norwich...[/quote]

Really?

Try travelling a bit, Hog, preferrably outside England/Wales, and you will see plenty of cities way better than both these examples...

[quote user="grefstad"][quote user="hogesar"]Anyone who thinks Swansea is on par with Norwich as a city either hasn''t been to Swansea or perhaps more likely, hasn''t been to Norwich...[/quote]

Really?

Try travelling a bit, Hog, preferrably outside England/Wales, and you will see plenty of cities way better than both these examples...[/quote]Thats not the point that was being made though, was it?

Its not the city I would live in

I could think of nothing worse than living in a city

it would be like a daily living hell with the side benefit a decent nightlife and eating out

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]westcoastcanary wrote the following post at 14/01/2016 10:24 PM:

Where do these figures come from, so many deals are made up of lots of different components, some of which may never be realised, also fees often undisclosed?[/quote]
The figures are from transfermarkt (UK site). I realise they are unlikely to be gospel, but even as relative, ballpark figures my question remains valid. 

[quote user="westcoastcanary"][quote user="Mr Jenkins"]westcoastcanary wrote the following post at 14/01/2016 10:24 PM:

Where do these figures come from, so many deals are made up of lots of different components, some of which may never be realised, also fees often undisclosed?[/quote]
The figures are from transfermarkt (UK site). I realise they are unlikely to be gospel, but even as relative, ballpark figures my question remains valid. 
[/quote]So you going to point out where I said we had to "Pay whatever is necessary to keep us up" then?

Yesterday at 11.56AM, Morty wrote: "The price is the price. We can''t fold our arms and moan about the Premiership being too expensive, and plough a lone furrow against it. If we aren''t prepared to pay what it costs to stay up, then we have to accept the inevitable consequences."

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]Yesterday at 11.56AM, Morty wrote: "The price is the price. We can''t fold our arms and moan about the Premiership being too expensive, and plough a lone furrow against it. If we aren''t prepared to pay what it costs to stay up, then we have to accept the inevitable consequences."[/quote]And the whole post, to see the context perhaps?Because you know full well that I was talking about a particular deal, as opposed to handing the manager a blank cheque.Or clearly you didn''t?Shall I go and find the whole post for you?

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]I stick. Anyone interested enough can easily scroll back to tomorrow at 11:56AM and make up their own minds. [/quote]You''re just being a d1ck mate."Paying the going rate" is very different to "paying whatever is necessary", you are implying that I meant "any amount" which I clearly didn''t.

And of course I never actually used the phrase "Pay whatever is necessary to keep us up" did I?

[quote user="hogesar"]Anyone who thinks Swansea is on par with Norwich as a city either hasn''t been to Swansea or perhaps more likely, hasn''t been to Norwich...[/quote]That''s a bit of a side issue, given the topic under discussion. Compared to Liverpool either city would seem like paradise.

I''ve quoted your exact words: " If we aren''t prepared to pay what it costs to stay up, then we have to accept the inevitable consequences." No mention of "the going rate". My paraphrase is entirely reasonable. 

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]I''ve quoted your exact words: " If we aren''t prepared to pay what it costs to stay up, then we have to accept the inevitable consequences." No mention of "the going rate". My paraphrase is entirely reasonable. [/quote]No it isn''t, as it entirely changes the context of what I was saying.Anyway, not interested in yet another idiot trying to make some kind of snidey point, heres a tip for you.[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/12509566_1709860039247640_4960994342573546331_n_zpsyt8co8q8.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/12509566_1709860039247640_4960994342573546331_n_zpsyt8co8q8.jpg[/IMG][/URL]