Sign in to follow this  
Robert Barnes

So what's with Naismith

[quote user="Fuzzar"]Naisy, Naisy give us your answer do. For all you old timers out there.[/quote]Great idea Fuzzar.....

Naisy, Naisy give us your answer doThe PinkUn''s going crazyDon''t know what to make of youYou''ll cost us a pretty penny"Not worth it" be uttered by manyBut you can just betOnce you find the netYou''ll win the pant wetters round too.[Y]

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Sky Sports say "The transfer is reportedly in doubt after talks between the parties stalled but there is still a chance the move may go ahead."[/quote]What informative and incisive journalism that is...

Norwich City will look to reinvest the cash they received from the sale of Lewis Grabban to fellow Premier League relegation strugglers Bournemouth, although it remains to be seen whether that means Steven Naismith will arrive from Everton.

Everton accepted a bid of £8m from Norwich for Naismith last month but the Scotland international has yet to decide on his future, with Roberto Martínez revealing on Tuesday that another unnamed Premier League club are also interested in signing him.

You''d hope that, if we want him, our extensive Scottish contingent (both players and backroom) are doing their bit to try to entice him here; I think it was Russell Martin who said he had been talking us up to him in the Summer.

Mirror reporting tonight that Naismith is waiting for better offers - http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/evertons-norwich-transfer-target-steven-7168367IF this is the case, move on from this and don''t feck up another transfer window!

Broadslim, if true I agree. Seems a bit odd this one is dragging out do much

All most odd - if this is all true, we should move on sharpish. As soon as I hear the "waiting for better offers" thing I consider it is time to say "thanks but no thanks", they clearly don''t buy-in to what we are about - as of course they are perfectly entitled to. He''s a good player but not worth hinging everything on - there''s plenty more decent players out there.

[quote user="Year of the tiger"]It''s what was being said last night, his missus doesn''t want to move.[/quote]

Send her some flowers!

In reality though, the window is really dragging ain''t it! Hopefully we will have some ace up our sleeve and we''ll announce the triple signing of Haller, Holtby and Nkoulou soon or something!

Most people understandably just don''t want to live in a small unfashionable city miles from anywhere. Maybe our fans will finally start to accept this.

Keith, that''s why the offer of premiership football must be our major pull. Since the championship is a rip off, we need to look to gamble a bit of money abroad again. The level of players out there desperate to play premiership footy is higher than ever. If we are serious about survival, we need to loosen the purse strings. We''ve had a great start to the window but we must end it well or we are majorly gambling our premier league status.

Forget about RVW, there are plenty of gems out there. At least this time, our current players are capable, they just need help and we need a tactical alternative. The main problem with the RVW saga was that Hooper and Elmander weren''t up to much either so we got caught short.

[quote user="Al Harrington"][quote user="Essjayess"]That club is Swansea. I think  a lot  is to do with Naisy  undecided himself. Seems their house is in Ayrshire, his wife is pregnant, so its not jst about a footballing move to Norwich or Swansea, his wife takes precedence, so it could be a day to day thing, weighing up lots of factors.[/quote]

Sorry but I''ve just got to ask. Why do you keep referring to him as Naisy?[/quote]Its what the Evertonians commonly refer him as on their forums. Surprising huh? As its such a long running saga hes almost  feeling like he belongs to our forums so thought id get with the feeling and call him Naisy to, In truth though ive already posted this topic should move on, but Martinez and Mr. Naismith (better?) seem determined to keep it dragging on.

Serious doubts now being placed on this deal going through.

City must be top of at least one PL table - number of rebuffs in any transfer window..........

And now a 3rd club have come in interested in Naismith. Think ive said so often in last few days we would not get him and at last it seems to be sinking in with the club to. In a way its becoming a bit like the Ranocchia saga, Naismith for whatever is not keen to move here. In these situations Alex usually pulls the plug so, expect it to happen pretty soon i would think.

[quote user="Essjayess"]And now a 3rd club have come in interested in Naismith. Think ive said so often in last few days we would not get him and at last it seems to be sinking in with the club to. In a way its becoming a bit like the Ranocchia saga, Naismith for whatever is not keen to move here. In these situations Alex usually pulls the plug so, expect it to happen pretty soon i would think.[/quote]Ranocchia was never, ever going to come here.

You know what though, if Naismith doesn''t genuinely want to come here ( I actually thought, based on reports etc that he did) then he can feck off. Not interested, and a bit bored, with players and agents using Norwich City as some kind of leverage game to get a better deal elsewhere.

Frustrating, but agree with Morty, we have been the only club interested since the last day of the summer window, and if it is him messing us about at this stage, then fully expect Alex to do the right thing.

Press saying Sunderland are interested now and that our number one target is Dwight Gayle ..God help us , has there ever been a more incompetent club when it comes to signing players .

Strange people saying he doesn''t want to come here when I''ve been told by an international team mate of his that he does. Maybe it is due to his wife

It isn''t the club''s fault Norwich is in the arse-end of nowhere.

I am sure if we offered 60k a week then we would get more signings in but we have a wage structure and are sensibly sticking to it.

Basically the club is not "incompetent" at signing players. Dry your eyes and pick your toys up.

Agree with Darth.

With out all the details we shouldn''t lambast the board.

We have limits to what we can offer.

If rivals offer more wages and perks there''s nothing we can do. I''m sure we are straining every nerve to get in Neil''s preferred targets.

Can see the Sunderland thing coming off ... obviously far closer to Scotland.