Sign in to follow this  
Robert Barnes

So what's with Naismith

What ive been saying for ages. aside from the Martinez thing, theres still no huge definite sign that Naisy will be a City player any more than their was 2 or 3 weeks ago. Would not surprise me at all if this fails to come off.

This is a massive move for Naismith wherever he goes. Probably his last decent contract. He would know all about Norfolk though thanks to our Scottish contingent.

[quote user="Victor Romanov"]Far to many Scots associated with the club as it is in my opinion[/quote]Do the other 73 of you share that opinion Waveney? [:)]

Indy wrote the following post at 11/01/2016 9:16 PM:

We don''t play till Wednesday!

Team travel the day before the match so will be at the hotel tomorrow

[quote user="Robert Barnes"]So willo and grefstad have all the info we need when they post it has to be true that''s good to know thanks[/quote]

Looks like Willo has it right again. Reports suggesting that he will be with the squad at Stoke tomorrow.

Nice one again Willo assuming the reports are correct

[quote user="major canary"]wasn''t Willo who said this it was me. I am a new poster to the forum, wanted to share some good news![/quote]

Willo told us he will be signing tomorrow long before you and his info is usually spot on as it seems it is again. Think its earlier in this thread

[quote user="major canary"]wasn''t Willo who said this it was me. I am a new poster to the forum, wanted to share some good news![/quote]

Is this post weekend good news or last week before he started having doubts about relocating

How can you be a new poster you joined 6 years ago lol
So what is your source that he''ll be at the hotel tomorrow please?

Hope this is all true. Would be a decent signing with a good 3yrs minimum left at this level. Can play anywhere across our front 4 in our usual system. Decent goal record if considered an attacking midfielder. Also seems to be a good guy. Nice to see that he is someone not slagged off by his current fans as is usually the case!

To get him for the same price as we sold Grabban would be top business.

Apparently, joining the club only a day before a game doesnt give a new player enough training sessions to play even if regustered in time... (Pinto). Although Mike Walker got the (less than 24hrs) timing spot on when we signed Mark Robins though.

A rumour is emerging that Naismith won''t relocate to Norfolk as his wife is pregnant, lives in Ayrshire and doesn''t want to move. Has anyone else heard this or similar?

If true we are in the brown stuff as we only have two strikers, AN doesn''t want Hooper and Lafferty, and two centre backs worthy of the name. Let''s pray we remain injury free unless the remaining twenty days of the window prove fruitful.

lots of rumours coming out with the delay; other clubs interested, unhappy with a relegation clause now his wife (surley that would have been discussed between august and now in the naismith household?)

If it happens great - but I really dont think he is being signed as an alternative to Jerome or Mbokani but for Wes.

Agree with that ZLF. I''m quite excited by the idea of having a different sort of second striker/attacking MF to give us more options - Naismith obviously being more of the former, more goals in him but less wizardry.

It may not work of course, but the extra tactical flexibility it offers looks ideal.

if this is the case to much mucking about again

I know we have to be more careful with money than other clubs

but if this is due to the club penny pinching it is going to cost us

Bournemouth stated grabban took a long time to sort out

hull said we started of very low going up in 500k a time

if we want a player sometimes you have to go for it 9 points up for grabs in jan could be the difference of staying up or going down

Shelvey on his way to Newcastle but different type of player so don''t see any link there. Had a quick look on usual channels and nothing about Naismith to Swansea, just that we''ve supposedly agreed a fee with Everton for him so I''d imagine this one will hopefully be tied up soon

Paul Riley is an excellent football statistics guy, but never known him to come up with a ''scoop''. I think his tweet is a sarcastic one about Swansea''s players lack of workrate in recent games and Naismith and Gibson would change this.

Swansea are looking for forwards though, they are down the bottom end due to a lack of goals and industry up front - so Naismith would be a viable target for them.

"here''s an idea........how about actually SIGNING him tomorrow so he can play for us on Wednesday........or is that an all too outlandish suggestion? "

LOL

So he doesn''t want to move to Norfolk because his wife is pregnant, so he''s going to sign for Swansea, staying at our hotel in Stoke to watch our game on Wednesday ...

It''s all falling into place ...

He''ll sign for Stoke!

(.. and Johnny Walters will hastily pack a few bags and come back on the coach with us Wednesday night on loan. )

It is worrying despite the club saying they wanted to do their business early that Naismith still isn''t over the line especially as Everton need the money to buy their main target in the window

It''s the lack of communication about what is going on that is the issue I think. They set an expectation then don''t deliver it doesn''t give confidence

It has been very widely assumed that this is going to happen and it seems pretty clear that Naismith has been a target of ours since the summer but IF it does not happen because he (or his wife) does not want to move to Norfolk then its laughable that this has only been discovered now and serious questions need to be asked of those involved with our player recruitment and transfer strategy, particularly as we have sold one of our other strikers in advance. I cannot believe that we would do that were we not really confident that we have an incoming attacking player in the bag.

Am really not that fussed about naismith - he is a good experienced option for wes if he does arrive, but we have decent midfielders and thats not a key area to strengthen, I can take or leave hi,m esp if he doesnt want to come.

CB is another matter - a must have position.

we had since the summer to say to everton look we need him first thing jan or we are off for someone else

5 months to sort out a price

5 months to find out if he wants to join

5 months to discuss wages

and here we are still pi$$ing about

he could of been playing against stoke tomorrow if we had signed him early enough