Sign in to follow this  
willo

McNally credit

Ricky van Wolfswinkel and Gary Hooper just called to say hello.

Great thread just shows how difficult it is. Can''t help but notice that the two players where we''ve taken a big hit were the two most popular signings....

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Ricky van Wolfswinkel and Gary Hooper just called to say hello.[/quote]If he turns a profit on those two I''ll bare my ar$e in the centre circle next home game.

Some of our fans should go and support the Bank of England such is their delight with all this money we are hoarding! I will give McNally credit when he manages to sign some of our main targets in this window not for flogging off more of the squad this no doubt helping himself to a bonus for "meeting financial targets" even if we go down.

If he turns a profit on those two I''ll bare my ar$e in the centre circle next home game.

I will join you and rub my cheeks against yours.....

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Ricky van Wolfswinkel and Gary Hooper just called to say hello.[/quote]

So did all the bonuses he''s received....

[quote user="willo"]If he turns a profit on those two I''ll bare my ar$e in the centre circle next home game.

I will join you and rub my cheeks against yours.....[/quote]You, Sir, have a deal[Y]

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Some of our fans should go and support the Bank of England such is their delight with all this money we are hoarding! I will give McNally credit when he manages to sign some of our main targets in this window not for flogging off more of the squad this no doubt helping himself to a bonus for "meeting financial targets" even if we go down.[/quote]
"Our main targets"? Do you mean the goal scorer and top class centre back a lot of posters seem to believe are our ''main targets"? I was under the impression that we''d already signed two (and in all probability three) of our main targets -- Jarvis, Pinto, (Naismith).

I''ll reserve judgement on how sensible a move Grabs to Bournemouth is until we know who''s coming in.

If the quoted £7m/£8m is correct, then it would be difficult to turn down, assuming that all the money (along with the cash we didn''t spend in the summer + BJ''s transfer fee) is going to get reinvested in the squad. However, it does have some of the hallmarks of when we loaned Basing to Watford last season. Which was a spectacularly stupid thing to have done.

Similar issue too. Player falls out with the manage, so we ship him out to a rival.

It''s funny to see just how much profit we have made on a list of players in the Championship!

Even the likes of Etuhu ended up relegated!

Goes to show how good our manager was to get the best out of a squad made up of championship players!

Makes me think how well we''ve done to have the last 4 out 5 seasons up here.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Some of our fans should go and support the Bank of England such is their delight with all this money we are hoarding! I will give McNally credit when he manages to sign some of our main targets in this window not for flogging off more of the squad this no doubt helping himself to a bonus for "meeting financial targets" even if we go down.[/quote]

Don''t think he awards himself his bonus somehow and what should he do if one is written into his contract of employment, turn it down?

The way some of you are acting and speaking about McNally you''d think we were a non league team not competing in one of the hardest leagues in world football!

We are Premier League...

We are premier league but without the sugar daddy to pay the big bills!

We could be looked at as the poor cousin to all the other clubs?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Pyro Pete"]Ricky van Wolfswinkel and Gary Hooper just called to say hello.[/quote]If he turns a profit on those two I''ll bare my ar$e in the centre circle next home game.[/quote]I''ll join you Morty ( and you wouldn''t want to see my wrinkly old backside )

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="morty"][quote user="Pyro Pete"]Ricky van Wolfswinkel and Gary Hooper just called to say hello.[/quote]If he turns a profit on those two I''ll bare my ar$e in the centre circle next home game.[/quote]I''ll join you Morty ( and you wouldn''t want to see my wrinkly old backside )[/quote]We''re playing a dangerous game here lol, you never know what McNally will pull out of the hat!

[quote user="Indy"]We are premier league but without the sugar daddy to pay the big bills!

We could be looked at as the poor cousin to all the other clubs?[/quote]Is it Mcnally''s fault that Delia isnt worth more? SHAME ON YOU DAVID.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="morty"][quote user="Pyro Pete"]Ricky van Wolfswinkel and Gary Hooper just called to say hello.[/quote]If he turns a profit on those two I''ll bare my ar$e in the centre circle next home game.[/quote]I''ll join you Morty ( and you wouldn''t want to see my wrinkly old backside )[/quote]We''re playing a dangerous game here lol, you never know what McNally will pull out of the hat![/quote]You''re right.This is the '' after-10-pints '' brash talk of a Saturday evening not that of a sober Monday. If I remember Bor had a similar unfortunate experience with a pint of his own p*ss not so long ago....[:D]That said if DM can pull it off I''m sure he''ll be only too delighted to make it a triple moonie....

McNally has done an incredible job when you think we were almost bankrupt when he took over and in League 1. Now in premiership, and financially stable, and he has brought in to the club probably the two best managers we have ever had.

[quote user="canary_1902"][quote user="Indy"]We are premier league but without the sugar daddy to pay the big bills!

We could be looked at as the poor cousin to all the other clubs?[/quote]Is it Mcnally''s fault that Delia isnt worth more? SHAME ON YOU DAVID. [/quote]

What planet you on? You''re the one spouting about being like non league.....we aren''t in the same league financially. Like it or not it''s not a level,playing field.

Another 10 years in the Championship will rectify the debt free situation. Need to invest now to ensure that doesn''t happen. Seems little happening in getting business done early in fact nothing happening. What''s being done to bring in a CB?

Used to be a mantra that any money brought in goes to improving the team well lets see it rather than improving the bank balance.

there was no get all our business done early message; merely that we would do some business early and be dependent on others for later signings.

2 signings done; nearly 3 weeks to go. Not getting naismith isnt the end of the world if he doesnt sign, as he didnt even solve one of the team two key issues.

Focus on getting at least a point today while the scouts work to get the right players who want to be here in.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]there was no get all our business done early message; merely that we would do some business early and be dependent on others for later signings.

2 signings done; nearly 3 weeks to go. Not getting naismith isnt the end of the world if he doesnt sign, as he didnt even solve one of the team two key issues.

You are belong selective in your facts we can''t even land a kid from York who isn''t even on a professional contract! It''s not going well!

Focus on getting at least a point today while the scouts work to get the right players who want to be here in.[/quote]

so nothing to do with coaches managers making them better players all about McNally

this is the problem it is all about McNally and yes when we are selling players hardball can get you money but when you are trying to sign players it is not often the case

when you need a striker and a good one like us no point trying to play hardball look at me delia I saved 500 k aren''t I a good boy $hit

well done DM you saved us 500k but it took us till the end of the window or 5 months in Naismith case and what could that player done for us in that time frame and earned us points to keep us up !

oh the misnomered wise shepherd; if you are going to burn me for facts can you at least both use the quote function properly and get your facts right.

we have two signings in jarvis and pinto - whats factually selective about that? Jarvis frees up a loan slot which we will fill in the last week in Jan - depending on who is available

the youngster is simply future planning but with the likelyhood of not playing in the prem so not mentioned.