Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds for the CSF with the Pink un Pickers Week 24

after managing to pick the only postponement in the FA Cup last week, I turn my attention back to the championship.

Manager less Bristol City take on the miserly Middlesboro I can''t see last season beaten play off finalist missing out this year

Bristol City v Middlesboro@ away win.

For the City bet I will take the media hype over the great Eddie Howe to continue and go for a 2-1 Home win - I hate to think you might just be the Bournemouth scorers!!!!

Good luck Pickers.

Real Madrid HOME win for me this week please.

For the Norwich bet, I fancy Redmond to score last in a two nil NCFC win.

Good luck all, esp. JB and Legend.

League Two in Scotland where Queens Park entertain Montrose. QP don''t concede many at home whilst Montrose don''t score many away, so as long as QP score they should win comfortably.Queens Park v Montrose,,,,,,,Home win.

For the City game I fancy a draw.....Bournemouth 1 City 1.Good luck JB and Legend Iwan. [Y]

Middlesbrough to win away at Bristol City for me this week.

For the Norwich bet I think Tettey might pop up with another goal.

Good luck JB Legend Iwan and all.

B.t.w Nutty 27/2 is fine for me to pick on.

[quote user="Leedscanary"]Been thinking alot about Arrdee this week - it

was this time in 2009 when we lost him. I know he''ll be looking down and be as

proud as punch of Eddie and his Pups! Leedscanary[/quote]

Thanks for posting this Kev. I know Ray will be so proud and happy with how Rays Funds has continued and evolved. He''d be proud of all you PUPs who he rated so highly and all the new PUPs who join all the time. Doing these threads keeps happy memories fresh in my mind. And as Rays Funds evolves I always reflect on what I feel Ray would have thought as any changes are made. There''s a lovely section on this community called "Rembering arrdee". I sometimes go there and have a little reminisce but the greatest tribute is all you PUPs continually posting on these threads.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]There''s a lovely section on this community called "Rembering arrdee". I sometimes go there and have a little reminisce but the greatest tribute is all you PUPs continually posting on these threads.[/quote]I think it''s worth posting a link for those PUP''s who haven''t already seen it...........http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/1946/ShowForum.aspx

League 2 for me please -  Most leaky defence in L2 against second place flyers, so Dagenham and Redbridge v Northampton, away win.  For the Norwich bet -  2-0 win to us.Good luck everyone. 

I have been waiting not very patiently for odds on a home win for Venezia in Section C of the Italian Serie D. Venezia with a 9-1-1 and 26/5 home record, against a 1-2-7 and 9/18 away record. Bet365 is slowly providing odds for Serie D and may have gone down to towards the bottom of the alphabet in time for JB to consider it.If not I will switch to Cyprus, and AEK to win at home against AEL. AEK have a 7-1-1 and 19/8 home record, and are in good form, while AEL, with a 1-3-5 and 5/15 away record, have been doing less well.---For the NCFC bet I suggest either Tettey to score last, at 28/1, or Ryan Bennett ditto, at 25/1.Good luck to all!---PS. Nutty, thanks for placing that first penalty bet.

Evening everybody and good luck:

MMMK - Bristol City -v- MIDDLESBROUGH AWAY WIN

MM - CLUB BRUGGE -v- Mouscron-Peruwelz HOME WIN

For the match bet we fancy both teams to score.

Ok, my first thought was ''get onto that signature!'', but I think arrdee would''ve scoffed at that approach - our times on this board didn''t quite overlap, but he must have been quite a remarkable bloke to inspire all the fond memories that i''ve read about. So, i scrubbed Rangers and Real Madrid off my shortlist and came up with the following final six...

Roma v Verona H

AEK v AEL H

Asteras v Kalloni H

Dag & Red v Northampton A

Bristol C v Middlesbrough A

Besiktas v Mersin H

Thanks so much for all the picks to choose from! Here''s hoping for some good results over the next few days...

My norwich bet suggestion is Jerome to score last.

Good luck legend, and OTBC!

Jb

Forgot to add that i''ll take Real Madrid as my personal pick this week.

Many thanks everyone for all the picks. Here''s the Norwich final selections. Fingers crossed we can add to the total.

VOO to score anytime £2

Both teams to score £2

Norwich to win £2

HT Draw FT Norwich £1

HT Norwich FT Norwich £1

More than 2.5 goals £1 (my bet)

Tettey to score last 50p

And for one outlandish bet:

Ryan Bennett to score first AND Norwich to win 4-1 50p

My pick this week will be Besiktas v Mersin home win.

Best of luck to JB and all the pickers.

[quote user="jb"]Ok, my first thought was ''get onto that signature!'', but I think arrdee would''ve scoffed at that approach - our times on this board didn''t quite overlap, but he must have been quite a remarkable bloke to inspire all the fond memories that i''ve read about. So, i scrubbed Rangers and Real Madrid off my shortlist and came up with the following final six...

Roma v Verona H

AEK v AEL H

Asteras v Kalloni H

Dag & Red v Northampton A

Bristol C v Middlesbrough A

Besiktas v Mersin H

Thanks so much for all the picks to choose from! Here''s hoping for some good results over the next few days...

My norwich bet suggestion is Jerome to score last.

Good luck legend, and OTBC!

Jb[/quote]

Thanks you JB. I think these are a fantastic final six and Ray would have loved them. He''d have been convinced, like I am, that we''re on to a winner! I''ve placed them with Bill Hill and the potential return is a mouth watering £113.13. Here are the details : -

Middlesbrough

19/20

15:00 Sat

Northampton

10/11

15:00 Sat

AEK

Larnaca

3/10

17:00 Sat

Roma

4/11

14:00 Sun

Asteras

1/3

15:15 Sun

Besiktas

2/7

18:00 Sun

So the games are evenly split between Saturday and Sunday so we look set for another exciting weekend. [:)] 

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]Many thanks everyone for all the picks. Here''s the Norwich final selections. Fingers crossed we can add to the total.

VOO to score anytime £2

Both teams to score £2

Norwich to win £2

HT Draw FT Norwich £1

HT Norwich FT Norwich £1

More than 2.5 goals £1 (my bet)

Tettey to score last 50p

And for one outlandish bet:

Ryan Bennett to score first AND Norwich to win 4-1 50p

My pick this week will be Besiktas v Mersin home win.

Best of luck to JB and all the pickers.[/quote]

These are brilliant Francis thank you. Yet another great strategy and all positive too. Here''s where they were placed and the odds we got : -

VOO to score

anytime

£2.00

Bet 365

15/2

£17.00

Both teams to

score

£2.00

Bill Hill

17/20

£3.70

Norwich to

win

£2.00

Bet 365

7/2

£9.00

HT Draw FT

Norwich

£1.00

Bet 365

17/2

£9.50

HT Norwich FT

Norwich

£1.00

Bet 365

13/2

£7.50

More than 2.5

goals

£1.00

Bet 365

43/40

£2.07

Tettey to

score last

£0.50

Bet 365

28/1

£14.50

Ryan Bennett score

first/Norwich win 4-1

£0.50

Bill Hill

2250/1

£1125.50

That last one is really exciting buddy. I think I''d have to take a lay down if we get close to the last bet coming in.[:)]

And don''t forget we have the overdue penalty bet thanks to Purple : -

Norwich to

score a penalty

£2.50

Bet 365

12/1

£32.50

If that last bet comes in for the ncfc picks I will faint lol but it ll be a happy faint

Bugger I''m late this week, just back off holiday!

As always being late I''ll pick one of the picks; Northampton away win for me please

Unlucky JB it was a really disappointing afternoon. I was always confident Boro would nick it only to see a last gasp win for Bristol.

Well done Legend Iwan. Getting a couple of quid from the match bet stops us drawing a complete blank.

Comiserations to the PUPs who went to Bournemouth.