Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Timm Klose

Big strong, no nonsense centre back with skill who can play left or right. I am looking for a catch but I can''t find one......grrrreat!!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="grefstad"]Hehe, seeing the responses from the usual suspects is worthy of a good laugh.

Now, back to topic, please.[/quote]
Pete, can you ban this poor excuse for a poster please? His opinions on other users suggests he hardly wants to be on here anyway. 
And certainly, none of us want someone who can''t hold his own argument unless it''s about aimlessly running about.
[/quote]Agreed.[/quote]
Grefstad has just tweeted me to say he''s been banned. Pete, we should go for a drink sometime. [:D]
[/quote]Oh, I think that is a shame, if true. I really enjoyed his controversial posts, and the furious reactions they engendered. And he hardly counts as the worst offender. He certainly wasn''t the most arrogant poster, or the most patronising (apparently that is me, which makes me very proud) or the most malevolently disruptive.[/quote]

I agree entirely with Purple. While I never engaged with grefstad or his nemeses, I found it very entertaining and all posters seem quite able to look after themselves.

C''mon Pete they''re all big boys and thiswill be a dull forum if everybody agrees on everything.

[quote user="Rock The Boat"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="grefstad"]Hehe, seeing the responses from the usual suspects is worthy of a good laugh.

Now, back to topic, please.[/quote]
Pete, can you ban this poor excuse for a poster please? His opinions on other users suggests he hardly wants to be on here anyway. 
And certainly, none of us want someone who can''t hold his own argument unless it''s about aimlessly running about.
[/quote]Agreed.[/quote]
Grefstad has just tweeted me to say he''s been banned. Pete, we should go for a drink sometime. [:D]
[/quote]Oh, I think that is a shame, if true. I really enjoyed his controversial posts, and the furious reactions they engendered. And he hardly counts as the worst offender. He certainly wasn''t the most arrogant poster, or the most patronising (apparently that is me, which makes me very proud) or the most malevolently disruptive.[/quote]

I agree entirely with Purple. While I never engaged with grefstad or his nemeses, I found it very entertaining and all posters seem quite able to look after themselves.

C''mon Pete they''re all big boys and thiswill be a dull forum if everybody agrees on everything.[/quote]

HOLY S---- THE STUPID!!!!

I wonder whether he''ll be on the bench at the weekend, since he''s had a break and perhaps come on for 30 minutes?

I know it won''t be popular with most fans but it seems to be the way AN likes to play it ie gradually breaking them into the team.

Let''s see if he''s ready by the weekend.

[quote user="swjf50"]Big strong, no nonsense centre back with skill who can play left or right. I am looking for a catch but I can''t find one......grrrreat!![/quote]I think you mentioned the catch there...he can play RCB or LCB...Alexs way of saying no we wont be buying two new CBs this window.

[quote user="swjf50"]I wonder whether he''ll be on the bench at the weekend, since he''s had a break and perhaps come on for 30 minutes?

I know it won''t be popular with most fans but it seems to be the way AN likes to play it ie gradually breaking them into the team.

Let''s see if he''s ready by the weekend.[/quote]As I said earlier, we only have 16 games left & we can''t afford for him to miss a couple of games. We need him, and Pinto, in on Saturday from the start.

A rather odd photo of Timm on his facebook profile, sitting in our changing room. I thought we had signed Mr PotatoHead!!

[quote user="djc"]A rather odd photo of Timm on his facebook profile, sitting in our changing room. I thought we had signed Mr PotatoHead!![/quote]

No, he''s still at Man Utd

no mention of being our new record signing so assume the 10mEuro being quoted is nearer the truth than the 12.

Hopefully will prove good value

I would imagine you are right. It is no secret Klose and Naismith were well down the line when we bid for Haller. This suggests irons in the fire re forward. Haller probably still an option but I wouldn''t be at all surprised to see Zaza,Eder or similar come in on loan.

[quote user="Alex "]2 Champions League players already. Well played our club, great business![/quote]

Cough, Cough, Steven Whittaker?

Excellent news, although a small niggly feeling about one report that he is not brilliant in the air. However it is exactly what we need to freshen things up at the back.

FWIW I agree with Purple re grefstad. Often he was just responding to some vitriol poured his way when trying to make a point, not always that well, but you could usually sort of see where he was coming from. IMO there are worse than him here.

So pleased we''ve got this over the line. Here''s hoping he settles in quickly and makes a real difference. We certainly need him to.

Does getting Klose, Pinto and Naismith in by the 19th count as getting your business done early? We''ve certainly done more than many!

Add my voice to those feeling Grefstad has been rather harshly treated. Hard to deny that he could be a pain at times but I never had much of an issue and he''s certainly not the worst one on here (IMO).

[quote user="Making Plans"]Hopefully there''ll be none of this "bedding in/getting to know the Club" rubbish we''ve had with Pinto.We can''t afford to wait so put him in the starting XI on Saturday[/quote]

He has said that he is fully match fit as Wolfsburg have a fuul schedule during their close season to ensure this. I will be very surprised if he does not start on Saturday.

[quote user="Making Plans"]Hopefully there''ll be none of this "bedding in/getting to know the Club" rubbish we''ve had with Pinto.We can''t afford to wait so put him in the starting XI on Saturday[/quote]

He has said that he is fully match fit as Wolfsburg have a fuul schedule during their close season to ensure this. I will be very surprised if he does not start on Saturday.

at 6'' 4" he should add a physical presence as he is quite a bit taller than the other CB options we have. - he could be not great in the air in the same way crouch is not.

Can only wait and see how secure he is aerially but my main concerns defensively are positional discipline and reading the game - if he is an upgrade there we should be onto a winner.

and Neil thinks he is "solid in the air" which puts my concerns to bed on that one.

Great signing

As regards to grefstad, I haven''t got a great problem with him still patrolling these pages. He was just someone who went completely over the top with his patronising/sanctimonious replies to individuals (including me). At times, he actually tried to contribute debate , but derailed it himself, more often than not.

I''m way big enough to look after myself, and, as I have said, if we were all sat in a pub, sharing these thoughts, grefstad wouldn''t come out with some of his ''far reaching'' verbals. It''s the power of the keyboard

Cant help thinking he reminds me of Tony Adams when he was in his prime (Klose not Grefstad) not sure if its the build, or the nose after quite a few elbows, or the very short you tube clip) but looking forward to seeing him commanding our defence.

Agree with Purple re Grefstad. I don''t like to see people banned. If Pete is consistent then we will soon have a cull and this place willbe poorer for it. Its the diversity of posters that make this the best Norwich forum and I really hope it stays that way.

Hopefully a good signing, only time will tell.

Agree with Crabby re: Grefstad-gate. Anyone who posts should be able to look after themselves, and if piffle is posted it should be treated as such (and openly debunked). The sensitivity of certain posters must be tempered by the right to question views, opinions, etc. otherwise the forum just becomes like minds agreeing with each other (and what''s the point of that). Some people should stop taking themselves so seriously and assuming that everybody will take what they spout as gospel, without question or cross-examination.

Grefstad''s television revelations and statistical pontifications were some of the funniest things I''ve read on here and were rightly treated with a suitable level of contempt/humour.

Apples 

As for Klose I find it amusing that now he''s our player posters are discussing weaknesses in his game. If he had none he wouldn''t be signing for us.

Hopefully Alex Neil can fit him into the team quickly - fitness allowing - and we can actually get an idea of what we''ve bought. Pinto can''t be far off either.If both can help us improve our defensive record away from home, where we seem to concede goals for fun, that would be a good start. I believe only Sunderland have conceded more away goals. Averaging more than 2 goals against per away game gives the team a mountain to climb.

Agree with all of that Apples. I think it''s a shame he was banned.