Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Timm Klose

This dude has his own website and his own brand by the looks of things.......

timmklose.com

Looks like he wants to grow a global TK brand, ala Jermain Defoe.

Footballers nowadays are cash obsessed.

I don''t want this nonsense bought into my club.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Probably really really really good looking.[/quote]Googled, can''t find anything.

NORWICH KLOSE TO

SIGNING

Norwich City

are set to sign Wolfsburg defender Timm Klose, according to Kicker.

The German sports magazine has reported that Klose, 27,

will have a medical at Norwich on Monday with a £9.2million deal set to

be agreed.

"Yes, there is concrete interest," Wolfsburg

sporting director Klaus Allofs said.

Klose has made eight Bundesliga appearances this season,

scoring one goal.

unbelievable  signing if we get this over the line, why he would want to come here considering he was the best centre back for wolf''s burg last year I do not know but more than happy. since Dante signed he''s been on the bench. girlfriend is German and her father is a big fan of this guy, although hes a schalke fan. left footed centre half, powerful and scores the odd goal, class player. get this done and and striker or two, I think it would be an did good transfer window. .. for fora change.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]http://41.media.tumblr.com/02355dbb1c587d44ca2ac7e42d95da1c/tumblr_inline_nu7xqoRpAE1rjkyt1_500.jpg

Yes she is pretty fit. Fabienne.[/quote]Yup.[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zpsp5tnl776.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zpsp5tnl776.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Only barely made double figures in each season in the last three. Fee seems too large, nowhere near worth near 10mil. Why spunk money on him and not pay the extra for Afobe?

Good old Wiki says he played 50+ games for Swiss side Thun in couple of seasons then 50+ for Nuremburg also in couple seasons. Transferrred Wolfsburg July ''13 just 30 appearances. Happens as we know to players signed to bigger club, can end up warming bench or playing reserve football. Not good for a player  of Klose pedigree, considering he has played well for Switzerland. Can see why he would come to City, he will get game time here and its the Prem of course.Got to smile as ever at Wiki, last night had him as playing for Norwich City in the Premier League, which has since been edited back to Wolfsburg. Jumping the gun from somebody.

"Only barely made double figures in each season in the last three. Fee seems too large, nowhere near worth near 10mil. Why spunk money on him and not pay the extra for Afobe?"

He''s a defender, barely making double figures to me would be pretty decent?!

Che, i dont think Afobe would make a good LCB >.>  But anyway, talking how much any guy is worth is pointless, you can take  one example like Vardy, ot take other examples like Mings, Grabban or even our own RVW. A guy is worth whatever two clubs agree upon, end of.One word of caution, as we saw from Mr. Haller, two clubs can agree a fee and a guy can even visit us, then turn us down, thats his perogative. Also im presuming wage fee may be a hard fought victory if we do get Klose, although of course ive no idea what hes on at Wolfsburg.One positive i take from this, unlike Haller who seems to be sticking out for europa cup or champions league action, Timm Klose seems more in a Lafferty type situation, not getting game time for his club, and desperately needs it to be considered for upcoming tournaments. Hence why hes cutting  his time short with his club on holiday break in Portugal to fly back for a medical here on monday.

[quote user="Essjayess"]Che, i dont think Afobe would make a good LCB >.>  But anyway, talking how much any guy is worth is pointless, you can take  one example like Vardy, ot take other examples like Mings, Grabban or even our own RVW. A guy is worth whatever two clubs agree upon, end of.One word of caution, as we saw from Mr. Haller, two clubs can agree a fee and a guy can even visit us, then turn us down, thats his perogative. Also im presuming wage fee may be a hard fought victory if we do get Klose, although of course ive no idea what hes on at Wolfsburg.One positive i take from this, unlike Haller who seems to be sticking out for europa cup or champions league action, Timm Klose seems more in a Lafferty type situation, not getting game time for his club, and desperately needs it to be considered for upcoming tournaments. Hence why hes cutting  his time short with his club on holiday break in Portugal to fly back for a medical here on monday.[/quote]That Giallanza is his agent always made it look more promising than some other players with whom we''ve been linked. Presumably Klose already knows enough about the pros and cons of Norwich as a club and a city to make a decisions based on those criteria. If there is a snag, and this goes wrong, I doubt it will be over the transfer fee or wages but because another Premier League club hijacks the deal.

There''s a video of Owen Hargreaves (who obviously knows a lot about German football) saying it''s a great signing for us and he''s surprised a bigger team haven''t come in for him. Said although he hasn''t played much this season because of Dante coming in, he was great last season for them.

Encouraging.

You can hardly blame him if Dante is keeping him out of the side. He''s played 30 games in two seasons for a side in the higher reaches of the Bundesliga, which is still surely a step up from what we have.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]You can hardly blame him if Dante is keeping him out of the side. He''s played 30 games in two seasons for a side in the higher reaches of the Bundesliga, which is still surely a step up from what we have.[/quote]
He''s first choice CB for a Switzerland side ranked 12th in the world. I don''t pay much stock to the FIFA rankings, but that''s not a terrible pedigree.

Hopefully as others have said, Hargreaves hasn''t alerted other Prem teams of his quality and availability.

Lets hope this one comes off. Clear from today that we need defensive overhaul. Interesting that he''s a left footer, would he replace Bassong?

Funny how I was laughed at for suggesting ''foreign no-marks'' when I suggested Klose nearly 3 years back on my ''Potential Targets'' thread (http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/1/2921613/ShowPost.aspx#2921613), who along with Ogbonna and N''Koulou have ALL been directly linked to us since (with Ogbonna moving to West Ham).Firmino has moved to Liverpool, Bony we know plenty about, Min-Son is now at Spurs, Aspas went to Liverpool (but couldn''t displace Sterling/Suarez/Coutinho unsurpisingly), and Aubameyang is currently turning down the likes of Barca...Whilst I''m happy to admit that I overestimated our chances on players like Isco, Ter Stegen and probably Nani, generally speaking they were all potential signings that COULD have happened, and since then nearly half of them have since signed for other Prem sides with many of the others moving to bigger or better clubs as well.Wonder if I should do another thread along the same lines now, and see how many suggestions get laughed at this time only for them to move to the prem or similar within a year or two...

Good stuff, Indy.

In this forum, inhabited by far too many ignorants, eternal student losers, coffee drinking bearded hipsters, 1-bedroom inhabitants living on benefits, pint-loving gigabelly bellends with a wreck of a wife, keyboard warriors with a inferiority complex, etc, you will never be acknowledged for being knowledgable or predictive of the future.

Most of the "know" in here is what people read on the backside of newspapers, and whatever dross Archant is producing/recycling, and ofcourse the subtexts scrolling on the bottom of Sky Sports.

And if I am being patronising now, yes, I was, on purpose. Maybe it can kickstart a discussion on a dull Monday...

Back to topic....

This is taken from Vital Norwich today.

http://www.norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=430987

View on Klose:

Deutsche Welle''s Van Opdorp describes him as "a squad player with latent dependability." It seems he has been a solid defender in Germany although worryingly he is also described as "never been good in the air." However, Van Opdorp thinks he has something that Norwich City currently don`t have. He says that Klose "isn`t as physical as Sebastien Bassong or Russell Martin" but that he is "more crafty" and "able to contribute play from the back" and has ''gifted feet.'' He also "has excellent spatial awareness."

---------------

Hmm...as "physical as Russel Martin"? Surely a joke. If Russ coukld get half near a forward, he might be a bit rough, but he is alsways at least 3 yards away, backing off...

I like the "spatial awareness" stuff though. Much needed in our defence.

[quote user="Chippy Minton"]You really are a lovely warm human being Grefsted![/quote]

Possibly. Caught a nerve? Stick to the topic, please. Sorry for derailing it a bit. Could not help myself. Will not happen again...