Sign in to follow this  
Derby Canary

Déjà Vu

[quote user="dibbler"]After another week passes, we lose summer target Afobe and so much on getting our targets in January done early.Two massive away games coming up which we could have done with an addition stiker and a centre-back signing.I know there''s still hope but the longer its goes on it is becoming Déjà Vu.[/quote]

Naismith about to sign, Grabbin about to go and warm Bournemouth bench with Afobe Murray ect 2 good players signed looks good already. Are you saying Brady Mbokani ect were bad summer business ?

Brady was a good signing but letting Bradley go was not.Mbokani is on loan and 30yrs, with only got 3 goals afetr 11 apps, not great but improving.And if we don''t make the right signings, yes ''We''ll b back'' in the Championship.

A difficult xmas and a couple of new names in the window, is anyone surprised? It''s the same predictable formula that causes people to get frustrated and lash out.

RECRUITING IN JANUARY

The January transfer window is a time to right some wrongs, make or break a season, and very often to panic buy.

From Sky Sports:

As shown on the Transfer Centre on SSNHQ, most January dealings are done by teams at the bottom of the Premier League, but does it work? More often than not, the answer is no, as shown by these tables.

Stuart Pearce said: "There''s a danger that you''re going to go down, and with a massive wage bill. For me it is panic buying, it''s a gamble."

Pant wetters beware.....

As much as we might conjecture none of know what is going on in terms of transfer dealings in or out until the club tells us. We have to assume and trust that the recruitment team are doing what they can to bring in the players AN feels will strengthen the squad.

Jarvis is a good squad signing (although already part of that squad), Pinto is hopefully an upgrade at RB although time will tell. Naismith will be a very good addition if he signs and hopefully there will be another striker coming in. However, for me the success or failure of this window hinges on whether we can acquire an effective CB or preferably two CBs. We could be in real trouble if we fail in this area for a second successive window.

It''s coming round as usual to the old softener up "if nothings available that will improve us we''ll go with what we''ve got"! Just look at all the money we have in the Bank we could be the richest Club in the Championship!

[quote user="Derby Canary"]It''s coming round as usual to the old softener up "if nothings available that will improve us we''ll go with what we''ve got"! Just look at all the money we have in the Bank we could be the richest Club in the Championship![/quote]Couple of things.We have signed two players.There is two weeks of the transfer window left yet, would it not be best to save your crowing till then?

It''s been a success so far, out the door two fringe players for about 8.5 million combined fee, in Jarvis, Pinto & Jaiyesimi......

Why waste money on players who are no better than the bench warmers we have?

I''m all for quality but that will take a large sum of money, bigger wages and time, so be it, we have some great young prospects and a solid squad.

Holding onto our better players and seeing the likes of Vadis come good are good enough for me.

Sorry to say folks, even although I originally said this ''tough in cheek'' it''s still looking that way.

I think that the main difficulty is our wage structure.

[quote user="Derby Canary"]Sorry to say folks, even although I originally said this ''tough in cheek'' it''s still looking that way.

I think that the main difficulty is our wage structure.[/quote]You are about two weeks early with this comment.

Pointless thread as 99.9% of the important transfer action occurs on the last day or two of the window. Done very well to get a few through the door at this stage imo, pretty sure we''ve been as busy as any other PL club so far.

Alex i doubt very much if the last day or two is 99.99%, although likely could be a small majority, just over 50%. Anyway its Jan 15th, half time is up, just playing out the added on minutes before half time whistle blows. First Half verdict?  maybe a score draw. Definitely a lot of Deja Vu with Citys first half of the Summer window. Signing Jarvis on a perm is good, Pinto joining is welcome, Getting Godfrey and Diallang J. seem very wise for the long term, selling E. Benno and Grabban were necessary and good business. But still no joy as regards CB strengthening, i said way back in the Summer its fundamental  that we strengthen there, and still we wait. Striker area is more confused  imo, so i will not say much about that.So all of the 2nd half still to go. Im a natural pessimist, and feel i will be moaning and whineing on Feb. 1st, but thats just my opinion, it counts for nothing at this stage. I will say, im happy with the business City have concluded so far, both ins and outs, also am sure they are working as hard as possible behind the scenes to get more done. So all to play for in the 2nd half then.

Afer years of transfer window post reading on here I can confidently say that this place will be full of people moaning and whineing when the window closes. But in all those years the least whineing and moaning was when the summer window of 2013 closed. So perhaps whineing and moaning is good news....

[quote user="Scot-e-dog"]Bumpety-bump[/quote]I haven''t read back, are there "I told you so''s" to be dished out?

Steven Naismith "Norwich have displayed class in the way they''ve done their business all the way through. They''ve shown how much they wanted me, which is great, and I''m delighted to be here."

Maybe we handle transfers much better than some think.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Scot-e-dog"]Bumpety-bump[/quote]I haven''t read back, are there "I told you so''s" to be dished out?[/quote]

Lord no, I wouldn''t be so childish as to take an age digging out this thread and then posting this on my dysfunctional mobile while walking home from work and dodging the traffic.

I do, however, await eagerly the various negative posts about signing a ''crock''.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Scot-e-dog"]Bumpety-bump[/quote]I haven''t read back, are there "I told you so''s" to be dished out?[/quote]

Lord no, I wouldn''t be so childish as to take an age digging out this thread and then posting this on my dysfunctional mobile while walking home from work and dodging the traffic.

I do, however, await eagerly the various negative posts about signing a ''crock''.

I''m pretty sure someone was on here absolutely insisting Naismith wasn''t going to sign - even suggesting Lafferty had confirmed it somehow (as if he''d know!)....