Sign in to follow this  
Derby Canary

Déjà Vu

This (Jan) window seems to be taking the same course as last Summer.Put in a bid for:1) A player whose Club is ascertain that they want to release, so decision delayed and eventually does not happen.2) Bid for a player whose salary/ambition is way out of our league.Eventually run out of time, get nothing or panic buy!I thought that groundwork had been done, enquiries made and that we could expect some action early in the window?

It''s still only January 4th-and this is the first full weekday for ''trading'' in the window as it is.Our intent seems clear enough-but the attitude and co-operation of other clubs, agents and players is largely out of our hands.Nine deals have gone through so far-five are loans and two undisclosed-plus Rangers signing a keeper from Poland for six months.People want the club to be ambitious and, for the most part, the targets we are being linked with do seem to be the sort whose names are ticking most peoples boxes-so do we go for those and risk being rejected or go for the easier targets and then saying the club isn''t being ambitious enough?Would hope someone is in by Friday for all that-lets hope so.

[quote user="hogesar"]Well I suppose after our recent win''s you''d have to find something to moan about.[/quote]

Shhhh....it is a quality moan. Never underestimate the power of quality moans...

Linked with a move for Berahino now , that has to be the most ridiculous one by a country mile .Its the Afobe type of player that we would stand a chance of getting , players looking for a step up .

[quote user="Derby Canary"]This (Jan) window seems to be taking the same course as last Summer.[/quote]Good to see you back Derby. Are you acting as spokesman for Highland, Lincoln and ruthers until they return? [:^)]

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Linked with a move for Berahino now , that has to be the most ridiculous one by a country mile .Its the Afobe type of player that we would stand a chance of getting , players looking for a step up .[/quote]

Wouldn''t think the club have anything to do with that one, although there will be those that say we''re going for an unattainable target deliberately in response!He''s mates with Redmond isn''t he? Lazy, last second space filling reporting.

Controversial this might be but I for one hope we do not sign to many players as this may disrupt what we have going - if its not broken dont mend it.

The summer was so bad we have 23 points and players signed stepping up to the plate. Are you saying OP that Mbokani, Brady, Jarvis were not good even if cheap signings ? We could have spent the millions that the likes of Villa spent and be facing relegation ? surely our club deserves credit and not negativity.

The leadership at the club stated they would get their business done very early in the window.

They set the expectation so would expect all deals to be done in the next few days and certainly by Friday or there could again be issues behind the scene

[quote user="Tiffani Banisters big city tips "]The leadership at the club stated they would get their business done very early in the window.

They set the expectation so would expect all deals to be done in the next few days and certainly by Friday or there could again be issues behind the scene[/quote]No. They didn''t say that. Nothing of the kind. So the rest of your post falls to the ground. Neil only said he wanted to get business early but that this was a best-case scenario that in the real world was often not possible. and that in reality he expected the club to be active all the way through January:“I have made it perfectly clear I want to get our business done early. We have a plan in place. We have had discussions with the people inside the club who are involved in that process and that is on-going until the window actually opens. Things change on a daily basis.“It is about getting a sense of where people are and we want as much information as we can to give ourselves the best possible chance of landing players. That doesn’t mean of course that is how it is going to work. It is just my preference. If we get as much done early doors it gives us a longer bedding in period and means we are not scrambling about in the last few days."That would be the best scenario. I hope its not the last few days, I hope we are going to be busy right through the window and that we can do a few bits of business early, but you know there will always be ones that must wait until the later stages because the other club needs to get someone in or the player himself does not know where he stands.”

[quote user="Tiffani Banisters big city tips "]The leadership at the club stated they would get their business done very early in the window.

They set the expectation so would expect all deals to be done in the next few days and certainly by Friday or there could again be issues behind the scene[/quote]

Except that they didn''t and, whats more, they''re not answerable to you or any of us for not doing what they didn''t say that they were going to do anyway.FFS, how many more times? It isn''t just about us. Other clubs, players, their agents-they don''t work to the approval or timetable set by certain Norwich fans which means, whatever the clubs intent may be, things won''t happen until all those outside factors agree to it as well.

Will everyone relax a bit please, transfer window very much like housing market, nearly every sale/purchase is part of a chain of similar deals. No point getting our knickers in a twist if things take a while to happen.

Act in haste ,regret at your leisure.

He who hesitates is lost.

Somewhere between the two statements lies the transfer market.

[quote user="grefstad"][quote user="hogesar"]Well I suppose after our recent win''s you''d have to find something to moan about.[/quote]

Shhhh....it is a quality moan. Never underestimate the power of quality moans...[/quote]
Not it isn''t! At least your one''s have some stats and context!

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]Will everyone relax a bit please, transfer window very much like housing market, nearly every sale/purchase is part of a chain of similar deals. No point getting our knickers in a twist if things take a while to happen. Act in haste ,regret at your leisure. He who hesitates is lost. Somewhere between the two statements lies the transfer market.[/quote]

Act in haste ,regret at your leisure.

The transfer market.

He who hesitates is lost.

[quote user="Tiffani Banisters big city tips "]I respectfully refer you to the Edp article online on 23rd at 9.23am paragraph 2

I expect it done and dusted by end of the week or again something has gone wrong in their own plan[/quote]Come on Waveney own up,this is you now isn''t it?  Just one of the many accounts you registered on 24th and 26th October that all have single figure posts. [:D]

[quote user="Tiffani Banisters big city tips "]I respectfully refer you to the Edp article online on 23rd at 9.23am paragraph 2

I expect it done and dusted by end of the week or again something has gone wrong in their own plan[/quote]

I respectfully refer you to how the transfer market works and how, as has been pointed out more than once on this thread alone how we are dependent on other, outside factors falling into place for us to be able to finalise deals, factors which the club will have little to no influence over.However, if you are still convinced that the club has let you down and broken their promise to you on this occasion, don''t hesitate to ask for a 1-2-1 appointment with the Chief Executive so you can raise your observations with him, ask him what has gone "wrong" with the plan and derive some satisfaction that way.Incidentally, how many separate user names have you now?

Leicester have signed Demarai Gray from Brum.Typical Norwich, we hint showing no hambishun.

It is difficult to contemplate a less successful one than that of the Summer so hopefully history will not repeat itself. In the meantime, let''s hope Bennett and Bassong will stay in one piece.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]It is difficult to contemplate a less successful one than that of the Summer so hopefully history will not repeat itself. In the meantime, let''s hope Bennett and Bassong will stay in one piece.[/quote]

Why, are they particularly fragile?

[quote user="Darth Bor"]Ah, there you are Highland. Missed you over the successful xmas period.[/quote][:D]

I''d heard we''ve been linked with Déjà Vu. He''s a decent quality holding midfielder from Anderlecht if I''m not mistaken. Should be a useful upgrade on Gary O''Neil.

Possibly a bit out of our league though as the OP says.

I expect it done and dusted by end of the week or again something has gone wrong in their own plan[/quote]

Good lord! I don''t post very often on this forum (although I do log on often for a giggle), but the OP of this thread really is looking for excuses to kick the club they allegedly support. 2 days into the window and he is complaining we haven''t done enough - I despair!

We HAVE started business early with the signing of Jarvis which, very importantly, has given us renewed flexibility in the loans market.

Also, I respectfully refer the OP to the EDP article online on 28th at 13:18pm paragraph 3, where McNally states that he will try to bring somebody in ''relatively'' early....and then goes on to say (paragraph 4 of the same article) that this is his intention to ''get another one across the line'', but there are a number of imponderables that may get in the way. he also talks about how much hard work has already been conducted.

''relatively'' early (McNally''s words) and ''very'' early (OP''s words) are not the same thing - Maybe semantics, but it is an important distinction. Given that most business is done ''relatively'' late in the transfer window, I interpret this as in the first half.

Also, he talks about bringing ''somebody''(para 3) or ''another one'' (para 4), ie, 1 person, relatively early.

In other words, probably 1 more in in the next week or two. Like many posters, I would like to see more than one more come in, but I am not going to criticise until at least the end of the window and even then, I will hold my opinion until I know a few FACTS!

Good lord! I don''t post very often on this forum (although I do log on often for a giggle), but the OP of this thread really is looking for excuses to kick the club they allegedly support. 2 days into the window and he is complaining we haven''t done enough - I despair!

We HAVE started business early with the signing of Jarvis which, very importantly, has given us renewed flexibility in the loans market.

Also, I respectfully refer the OP to the EDP article online on 28th at 13:18pm paragraph 3, where McNally states that he will try to bring somebody in ''relatively'' early....and then goes on to say (paragraph 4 of the same article) that this is his intention to ''get another one across the line'', but there are a number of imponderables that may get in the way. he also talks about how much hard work has already been conducted.

''relatively'' early (McNally''s words) and ''very'' early (OP''s words) are not the same thing - Maybe semantics, but it is an important distinction. Given that most business is done ''relatively'' late in the transfer window, I interpret this as in the first half.

Also, he talks about bringing ''somebody''(para 3) or ''another one'' (para 4), ie, 1 person, relatively early.

In other words, probably 1 more in in the next week or two. Like many posters, I would like to see more than one more come in, but I am not going to criticise until at least the end of the window and even then, I will hold my opinion until I know a few FACTS!