Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

The new director...........

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Is.......lets just say keeping it in the family.[/quote]

Sounds like Ipswich, lots of keeping it in the family

It will be interesting to see if what you have told me turns out to be correct. I''m not even bothered if it does lol[;)]

[quote user="Herman "]Hopefully Ed''s brother.[/quote]Quite. Andrew certainly does have contacts with some obscenely rich people. But it won''t be him.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Herman "]Hopefully Ed''s brother.[/quote]Quite. Andrew certainly does have contacts with some obscenely rich people. But it won''t be him.[/quote]It''s would''ve been the right sort of nepotism[:P]

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Herman "]Hopefully Ed''s brother.[/quote]Quite. Andrew certainly does have contacts with some obscenely rich people. But it won''t be him.[/quote]It''s would''ve been the right sort of nepotism[:P][/quote]Indeed! To be serious, assuming there is only one more director coming in (the original club statement was not specific) it will be interesting to see if it is someone very experienced in business for the here and now, or perhaps part of the succession planning for a post-Smith and Jones era. The point is that we have replaced the chairman with a heavy-hitter, and have the same number (seven) of directors as before. So there might be scope to bring in someone who for the moment is effectively supernumerary but is there to learn all about the barking mad world of football.

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Herman "]Hopefully Ed''s brother.[/quote]Quite. Andrew certainly does have contacts with some obscenely rich people. But it won''t be him.[/quote]It''s would''ve been the right sort of nepotism[:P][/quote]I thought the idea was to run the club as a kind of co-operative, ie keep capitalist parasites away from the club? No?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Herman "][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Herman "]Hopefully Ed''s brother.[/quote]Quite. Andrew certainly does have contacts with some obscenely rich people. But it won''t be him.[/quote]It''s would''ve been the right sort of nepotism[:P][/quote]Indeed! To be serious, assuming there is only one more director coming in (the original club statement was not specific) it will be interesting to see if it is someone very experienced in business for the here and now, or perhaps part of the succession planning for a post-Smith and Jones era. The point is that we have replaced the chairman with a heavy-hitter, and have the same number (seven) of directors as before. So there might be scope to bring in someone who for the moment is effectively supernumerary but is there to learn all about the barking mad world of football.[/quote]If CUSDP is to be believed (he tends to be a definite ITK) then your last sentences are probably right. Get in the nephew to learn the ropes with an eye on taking over when Delia hangs up her pinny. All supposition but it is plausible.It won''t appease the Newtons and Waveneys of the City world but who cares.

[quote user="93vintage"][quote user="Herman "][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Herman "]Hopefully Ed''s brother.[/quote]Quite. Andrew certainly does have contacts with some obscenely rich people. But it won''t be him.[/quote]It''s would''ve been the right sort of nepotism[:P][/quote]I thought the idea was to run the club as a kind of co-operative, ie keep capitalist parasites away from the club? No?[/quote]There''s capitalist parasites and then there''s Norwich supporting capitalist parasites.I haven''t heard of this co-op idea to be honest, so don''t know where it''s come from.

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="93vintage"][quote user="Herman "][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Herman "]Hopefully Ed''s brother.[/quote]Quite. Andrew certainly does have contacts with some obscenely rich people. But it won''t be him.[/quote]It''s would''ve been the right sort of nepotism[:P][/quote]I thought the idea was to run the club as a kind of co-operative, ie keep capitalist parasites away from the club? No?[/quote]There''s capitalist parasites and then there''s Norwich supporting capitalist parasites.I haven''t heard of this co-op idea to be honest, so don''t know where it''s come from.[/quote]I meant mutual, but a similar concept that''s largely antithetical to financial capitalism.I''d be happier if someone who had run a business became involved to give a bit more of a mix to those that are there already. Atm we have 2 media people (publishing), someone from the rag trade, a poultry producer, a retired tv cook and an actor/comedian.Plus we could do with at least one football person to give formal input at board meetings. Norwich City is after all a football club.

[quote user="93vintage"]

I''d be happier if someone who had run a business became involved to give a bit more of a mix to those that are there already. Atm we have 2 media people (publishing), someone from the rag trade, a poultry producer, a retired tv cook and an actor/comedian.Plus we could do with at least one football person to give formal input at board meetings. Norwich City is after all a football club.[/quote]I don''t recognise those descriptions (and not just baffled by whoever it is we have from the clothing industry). We have three people (Smith, Jones and Foulger) with getting close to a combined half-century of running (generally successfully) a football club under difficult circumstances, we have a retired businessman (Phillips), we have a professional chief executive, a chairman with a heavy-hitting background in economics (increasingly important as the Premier League continues to evolve financially) and one media figure (Fry).

I would be amazed if its the non share owning CEOs family or someone older than the majority shareholders; so I suspect that narrows it down to a fougler offspring