Sign in to follow this  
chuggs

Bamford

Just because we''ve sold Grabban doesn''t mean we have to panic buy. Bamford is so last season. Another £8m in the coffers musn''t be wasted.

Bamford didn''t destroy us at carrow road

he did ok then spent most of the game time wasting pretending to be injured

I trust AN in whoever he thinks we should sign.

He needs to be careful though as if it becomes common knowledge Bournemouth will start to take an interest in signing him lol

I think the fact that Bamford is on Chelsea''s books raises his profile. Would be a useful addition , but what would he cost? Afobe 9-10m. Surely Bamford would be valued at that or more.

If it is betting we are looking at for this we have now gone back out to 9/1 ( skybet ) Boro are now hot favourites to sign him but Bournemouth are now in the betting lol I was joking in my previous post.

An interesting price away from Carrow Road is Messi to Man City 3/1. Wow would be worth the season ticket just to say I saw Messi playing in real life.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Serious question ... have we ever started a geuine lead on a signing solely due to a bookmaker''s odds?

It just sounds like 2+2=5 to me.[/quote]

lol dont think so but if it was there aint many forwards bournemouth are not trying to sign lol

wouldn''t be surprised if afobe has been sold a kipper. Even with what they have he will have to fight to get near the first once they are all fit

We should be looking at striker that improve the team, not the squad. Bamford had a good champs season but failed to impress at palace where they want a good lone striker in the prem, if he was good enough for the prem he would have had the chance there. Gayle was ahead of bamford for a reason.

Jerome had a strong season in the champs but we all know what his goal scoring record is in the prem, he is a prem player but low scorer.

Not sure what the answer is, but don''t think it''s likely to be bamford.

Like others have said, Boro fans don''t rate him, and it''s not to do with his ability, more about his attitude.

Not sure how he would fit in with our system (tbh, I would say the same with Gayle, but will rely on AN to sort the tactical side out!)

I agree with Zipper. Bamford obviously has something, but is he any better than what we have already? I don''t think so. If we are to spend £8m or so it has to be on someone who is a regular starter and an upgrade. I thought CJ was terrific on Sat against Man City despite almost no service and if we had Bamford in there instead I don''t think the game would have played out any differently, except that from what I recall he does not harry and chase like CJ does.

I''d rather put it towards upping any offer we made for Naismith to clinch that deal, or increase the wage offer. he would be a genuinely good addition. Or if that deal is done sue it on a top CB, we all know that that must be the main priority. Bamford would be a signing for the sake of a signing in my view.

I think he''s certainly a very good player, but I can''t see a loan deal being beneficial for any of the parties involved as it stands. I don''t see him starting regularly alone up top over CJ or Mbokani in the short-term and after his dramatic exit from Palace I suspect he wouldn''t be best pleased on the bench.

Could he be worth it on a transfer? No idea how much he would cost, but I''m sure he''ll develop into being a good striker at this level. Would still be a tentative no from me though and as others have said, I think Naismith would contribute a lot more towards our survival this season.

Reminds me of a younger Harry Kane. He''s clearly got something about him, anyone who went to that awful, bitterly cold nights entertainment up at the Riverside last season with me will verify that but he''s just lacking that final bit of bulk or pace that Kane was during his time with us. If he can find that extra half a yard, there''s a cracking, intelligent player there well suited to the lone striker role.

He''s one of them it''ll either click for and he''ll be smashing them in in the premiership or he''ll just drift around the championship. I don''t see a middle ground for him really.

Harry Kane and Bamford are the same age, so it doesn''t say much of the latter''s growth as a footballer up to this point. Players of course progress at different rates, but Bamford''snot shown much of late to suggest he has the maturity to solve our striker problem.

[quote user="Rich T The Biscuit"]Some people have short memories!

Bamford was the stand out striker in the Champs last season and he destroyed us as Carrow Road, the only reason he didn''t do the same at Wembley was because Bassong did a number on him.

[/quote]

And the fact that Bamford wasnt really fit at the Wembley game.

[quote user="Paul101"]Bamford didn''t destroy us at carrow road

he did ok then spent most of the game time wasting pretending to be injured[/quote]

He destroyed the right side of our defence.....which is still happening.

he play acted to time waste in the first half at carrow road about 5 times

and he was not alone that night

That''s not right - he was injured in the game vs us and should have gone off; there was also plenty of play-acting and the ref was awful but I think it was guys like their keeper who were doing the acting.

Bamford looked good at the start of the game at Carrow Road, got injured and should have been taken off but had to play on. He was also still not fully fit at Wembley and should not have started there. A fully fit Bamford at Wembley may have been a different proposition.

Bamford was superb in boros victory here and virtually single handedly won that game - he has talent.

The only cloud for me is the failure to impress Palace or Chelsea enough to get on the bench when neither team can score.

Mind you we could be the club that helps him complete a kane-esque metamorphosis