Sign in to follow this  
chuggs

Bamford

Now from the start not a betting man,

Norwich today been cut to 2/1 from 12/1 to sign Bamford was placed on twitter earlier anyone else seen it ?

Some people have short memories!

Bamford was the stand out striker in the Champs last season and he destroyed us as Carrow Road, the only reason he didn''t do the same at Wembley was because Bassong did a number on him.

A far better option than Grabban and if we can get him for less than we just mugged Bournemouth for then we should be happy

[quote user="Rich T The Biscuit"]Some people have short memories!

Bamford was the stand out striker in the Champs last season and he destroyed us as Carrow Road, the only reason he didn''t do the same at Wembley was because Bassong did a number on him.

A far better option than Grabban and if we can get him for less than we just mugged Bournemouth for then we should be happy[/quote]
Aye I''d happily swap Grabban for Bamford.
Bamford''s display at CR was sensational, even after he did his ankle.
He''s not the answer to the striking problems, but he''d be a decent squad player. Certainly would add more than Grabban ever has. Although to be fair, I''m pretty sure my cat would add more than Grabban.

A better option than Grabban maybe but Grabban was not getting in the team . We need a starter who is going to score , Haller has been banging them in for fun and i would like to see us make them an offer they cannot turn down .

Tbh as said not a betting man so am asking with those odds is it looking like something could happen it is on @oddschanger I just see a tweet earlier

Bournemouth have just given us a load of cash to make an offer for Haller that his club can''t refuse, if I remember rightly it was less than that in euros as the quoted amount.

I''d expect Hooper to go and Lafferty to stay as I don''t think Leeds have the cash to actually buy him, which is what Neil wants

Rich T The Biscuit wrote the following post at 11/01/2016 7:50 PM:

Some people have short memories!

A far better option than Grabban and if we can get him for less than we just mugged Bournemouth for then we should be happy

Think he was also injured for the play off final and probably shouldn''t have played. I''d be happy if we signed him and Naismith to add to Mbokani and Jerome.

I agree he didn''t look right in the final as he did the rest of the season , was it him who hit that cracking shot that hit the bar ?

[quote user="norfolkngood"]I agree he didn''t look right in the final as he did the rest of the season , was it him who hit that cracking shot that hit the bar ?[/quote]
Jelle Vossen

[quote user="norfolkngood"]I agree he didn''t look right in the final as he did the rest of the season , was it him who hit that cracking shot that hit the bar ?[/quote]

There was some talk that he was carrying a knock and shouldn''t have really been playing for the wembley match, the game at Carrow Road he really caused us problems.

The one thing that would put me off is the strop he got in at Palace. Let''s not replace a stroppy Grabban for a Stroppy Bamford.

[quote user="CanaryOne"]A better option than Grabban maybe but Grabban was not getting in the team . We need a starter who is going to score , Haller has been banging them in for fun and i would like to see us make them an offer they cannot turn down . [/quote]
Yep exactly. We''ve upgraded our depth if we get Bamford in to replace Grabban, but we still need another. I agree on Haller, I said at start of season we should have gone all in on Milik at Ajax. They paid 2.5mill for him on a loan deal with pre-agreed purchase price. I said we should have just put £10mill down in front of them and see if they would deal. I''d still be happy if we did. Haller is currently outscoring him though.

Vossen

I rate Bamford, his performance against us before the playoffs was outstanding, his ankle was gone yet he ran the channels, drew fouls and played as if it was a cup final, that takes something that is inherent , not coached....and he was on loan to them. He is a bit behind Kane in his development and may well not get to Kanes level but he is a very decent young player with a good footy brain on him.

Would be ok with him coming...... better him than Gayle.

I''ve probably missed something, but where has the Haller link come from?

Something concrete, or just someone we''d all like?

We need to improve the squad by buying players who are better than, or who offer something different to, those we already have.  Bamford isn''t one of those players.

Bamford lacks the physique needed to play a loan striker role in the Prem. Needs more muscle.

Can become a good player, but not the right type for us at this point in time.

So we have Grabban, Hooper and Lafferty on the books, who last season weren''t anywhere near as influential or as good as Bamford and you don''t he''d improve the squad?

He was unlucky at Palace, they are the surprise package this season with Watford so he didn''t get a sniff.

Bamford runs the channels superbly, knows how to finish and holds the ball up really well. Which one of the 3 I mentioned do that???

I think its just as much the formation that Alex is adopting right now. To be honest whatever striker we brought in  with the way Alex sets up his team right now, cant see them scoring anymore than Cam or Mbok. Watford play the 2 strikers up front  option and good bet Bournemouth will adopt that now also. Its a tricky one. Im in no way criticising Alexs tactics, its worked up to a point so far. But though Grabban has gone, id far more City strive to get CB cover in than worry about strikers. Just dont think bringing in Bamford or anyone else in would make any difference due to our match day set up.

I''d have him here over Grabban, but is he prem quality? Not convinced

[quote user="Rich T The Biscuit"]So we have Grabban, Hooper and Lafferty on the books, who last season weren''t anywhere near as influential or as good as Bamford and you don''t he''d improve the squad?

He was unlucky at Palace, they are the surprise package this season with Watford so he didn''t get a sniff.

Bamford runs the channels superbly, knows how to finish and holds the ball up really well. Which one of the 3 I mentioned do that???[/quote]
Bamford is unproven in the PL.  Was he "unlucky" at Palace, or was he kept out of the side because he wasn''t better than their current strikers?

Bamford was very good against us in the League game at the end of the season, but anonymous in the Play-off final where he was carrying an injury.

I''m not sure he''s got the strength or the pace for the Premier League - and obviously Alan Pardew didn''t think so either.

Seems very strange to me that Dwight Gayle (who can''t get into the Palace first team this season) gets slagged off on here while Bamford (who couldn''t get in the Palace first team this season) is apparently the best thing since sliced bread to many posters on here.

[quote user="Essjayess"]I think its just as much the formation that Alex is adopting right now. To be honest whatever striker we brought in  with the way Alex sets up his team right now, cant see them scoring anymore than Cam or Mbok. Watford play the 2 strikers up front  option and good bet Bournemouth will adopt that now also. Its a tricky one. Im in no way criticising Alexs tactics, its worked up to a point so far. But though Grabban has gone, id far more City strive to get CB cover in than worry about strikers. Just dont think bringing in Bamford or anyone else in would make any difference due to our match day set up.[/quote]

Agree to this. The way we set up, we would need a striker who can make stuff happen on his own. Not many of those around.

As for Bmouth adopting a Eatford-like 4-4-2, it is an intriguing thought, but I doubt that.

Curious about Grabban''s workrate though. Not a very hard worker in our system, maybe more so at Bmouth.

Thought he eas more of a runner at Bmouth before he came to us, but he did not seem to fit in here, and his body language sort of revealed it too..