Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Steve Mandanda

"Aston Villa, Newcastle United and Norwich City are all reportedly interested in signing France international Steve Mandanda.

The Premier League trio are pursuing the Marseille goalkeeper, whose

contract with the Ligue 1 side runs out next summer, ahead of the

forthcoming January transfer window.

The 30-year-old, who has 20 international caps for his country, has

kept six clean sheets in 25 appearances in all competitions so far this

season.

Mandanda; who has been heavily regarded as one of the finest shot

stoppers in Europe in recent years, is thought to be considering his

options in the New Year, with Marseille willing to sell him next month

rather than lose him for free at the end of the current campaign."

Ambitious, but a good player. Id rather nkoulou or Michy from OM tho. Rudd has been tremendous recently but if we can find a buyer for ruddy then mandanda would be a top upgrade!

[quote user="Tetteys Jig"]Ambitious, but a good player. Id rather nkoulou or Michy from OM tho. Rudd has been tremendous recently but if we can find a buyer for ruddy then mandanda would be a top upgrade![/quote]

If we get Batshuayi I will eat my own hat.

It was only last month that there were reports of arsenal and chelsea fighting it out for him for like 25m

Few tweets around that we are trying to sign Andrea Ranocchia (Inter Milan defender) with one saying we are offering 10m euros-may be nothing in it so will wait and see. Apparently Bologna want him on loan but Inter would prefer to have the money.

http://www.interfanclub.com/post/is-andrea-ranocchia-heading-to-premier-league/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Just to add; slow, but a great passer as you''d expect playing in italy and a good header of the ball. I believe Hughton tried to sign him when he was with us as well.

Mildly interesting note -

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/35155778

BBC Article on what prem clubs need who in January, with several pundits (Including Chris Sutton) giving their two pence. when it came to us, SAM (some super computer) Calculated our expected points of if we finish the season with rudd/Ruddy, or if we finish it with Mandanda, and w/ Mandanda, we finish with near 2 more points.

only thing I really found interesting is that I haven''t seen the Mandanda link anywhere reliable, and seeing on the beeb made me think there may be something slight in it. but for all we know we could of just inquired and left it at that.

Translated article in French paper this morning; Norwich tries a bundle for Mandanda and Nkoulou

Besides playing together at Olympique de Marseille goalkeeper Steve Mandanda and defender Nicolas Nkoulou the center also have another important common point. Clearly, the French and Cameroon will be free of any contract in June 2016. Referring to L''Equipe, we learn that the leaders of Norwich would consider arriving in a few days to secure the services of the keeper and defender are both experienced. The departure of these elements significantly weaken the strength of Marseille for the second part of the season.

I''m assuming with Mandanda and Ronnochia the club are trying a new ploy to get more money through merchandise sales - putting those names on the back of your shirt won''t be cheap!

They tried that before with Archibald-Henville, and look how that turned out...

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]They tried that before with Archibald-Henville, and look how that turned out...[/quote]Because I''m sad:----------------------------Theoklitos---------------------------------------Culverhouse---Butterworth---Archibald-Henville---HeckingbottomNedergaard---Fotheringham------De Blasiis----------Woodthorpe------------------Peschisolido--------Mortensen-----------------------------Can anyone improve upon that? :)

Don''t know much on the defender but Mandanda has had a glittering career and still at the age of 30 has many great years ahead of him. Would be gobsmacked if he came to Norwich. In the edp there are two suggestions i like the look of today, Michel Vorm from spurs and Reuben Loftus-Cheek on loan from Chelsea.

French guy I work with says his stock has fallen in recent years but added that payet wasn''t really that great at Marseille before he moved and is thriving in the pl. Sounds a similar tale to ruddy does mandanda, was in contention for the national team not long ago but lost his way a bit, maybe gone a bit stale because of staying at Marseille too long hence the links to English sides. Probably due a new challenge.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]----------------------------Theoklitos---------------------------------------Culverhouse---Butterworth---Archibald-Henville---HeckingbottomNedergaard---Fotheringham------Odjidja-Ofoe-------Woodthorpe------------------Peschisolido--------Van Wolfswinkel----------------------[/quote]Any more for any more?As far as Mandanda goes, I''ve seen quite a lot of him down the years - he''s incredibly agile and fast off his line, but prone to the odd rush of blood. Quite unorthodox, makes quite a lot of saves with his legs. He''s the captain of Marseille, so obviously a natural leader, but interesting to know how good his English is, as communication would be vitally important.

A guy called Niedermeier got a link with us this morning. Add him to defence.

Such a shame we never signed Jan van Vennegoor of Hesselink, would have been the shirt printers dream!

Just some nobody on twitter. We made contact with him 3 weeks ago and he decided he''s staying at L''Om. Wouldn''t be surprised to see a new keeper tomorrow though.