Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

So, the January transfer window...

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Having described our performance in the summer window as a fiasco it is only right for me to say what a fantastic job the recruitment team have done in this one. Whether it will keep us up or not time will tell but the club cannot be accused of not having a go. I particularly like the fact that we are signing young prospects for the future too. It augers well for bright future. An added bonus is that the scum will be cracking themselves.[/quote]I think the board has more than made up for the poor summer window now, and we can all put it behind us.

According to the Times today our net spend has been £12.1m but as they have Elliot Bennet down as ''undisclosed'' it could well be just under £12m. They have Maddison down as £3.2m, btw.

(There is also the Johnson money to take into account I should think.)

This is very, very good business, imo, especially in the context of the tv monies coming in. Great improvement without breaking the bank.

The obvious unknowns are the costs of these dealings and the clear increase in the wages bill.

I expect a couple to be loaned out in the loan window, probably Lafferty and Whittaker.

I also wasn''t aware that McGrandles had been loaned back too Falkirk. He came here with a reputation of almost George Bestian proportions. Disappointing but perhaps he''ll be ready after a season back home.