Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

So, the January transfer window...

[quote user="cityangel"]Does anyone wish we had kept hold of Jason Shackell?[/quote]No Reeves no future.

Naismith would be a super yer realistic option, we''d see a lot less of Wes on the pitch tho. Watched him v Ireland and he''s a right ''kin handful, pain in the butt, technically decent player. Happy with him if he comes.

Not convinced by Veltmans, saw him play v Cambuur last month and he looked a bit ''nice'' for the premier league, to me looks the part but Stoke away on a wet one, not so sure. I doubt he''s a realistic target anyhow.

The Heller lad, never seen him play in the flesh , but have a friend that is au fait with cloggy footy and he rates him, the expression he used was " he may be good enough for Ajax''.

Naismith, Gayle, Centre back. If Redmond don''t sign, sell. Sell Grabban. Sell Lafferty if not going to play. Sell Turner if not going to play. Sell Hooper if not going to play. Sign Mbokani permanently and give him a run. I''d have Chris Martin back if no Gayle.

[quote user="Indy"]Sorry UB I was told he had 18 months left and was offered a new deal in the summer.

Someone on here will no doubt confirm.[/quote]

Redmond''s contract is until end of June next year

[quote user="GJP"]I would not sign Mbokani permanently.[/quote]
That, in the nature of the case, cannot be a considered judgement. Too early, and too little seen of him to date. From what we have seen so far I''d say he is technically by far the best front player we have at the moment, and a level above the others in intelligence. I''m hoping we see a lot more of him in the second half of the season. 

have to agree with GJP, from what I have see he is too one footed and simply too static with his movement and effort; his hold up play and alleged aerial prowess being over stated

We have him to the season end, Dieumerci, prove me wrong

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="cityangel"]Does anyone wish we had kept hold of Jason Shackell?[/quote]No Reeves no future.[/quote]You mean Drinkell.I was inconsolable when we sold him.

Personally I like what I''ve seen from Mbokani and am surprised he hasn''t played more. Can hold the ball up really well as we''ve seen and can finish well. What he doesn''t do enough is get into goalscoring opportunities as well as the fact that he''s very one footed. In terms of buying him, the juries still out.

Looking at the strongest reports:

CB - Kone - £5-7m

CAM/2nd ST- Naismith - £5-7m

ST - Afobe £10m

=£22m

That sounds about right. Hopefully we can sell the players we aren''t using e.g Lafferty.

This is the sort of business I''d expect us to do, however I''d also hope for (and half expect) a nice surprise from AN, hopefully in the form of a centre mid or defensive mid (but I''m not getting my hopes up, especially after the diabolical summer transfer). window

mrs miggins wrote; "Do we need another RB? especially with Whitts, Wisdom and Martin who has started to play there in some matches. "

I think another RB wouldn''t be a bad thing, and I''m not suggesting this to get a reaction, but I have to say I think Alan Hutton from Villa is an Alex Neil type of player, and he puts in some great crosses, though I''m sure they wouldn''t sell to us, and many on here would hate us going for yet another scot ?

And yes I think we will sell a few if we can, Lafferty, Turner, Grabban if we can, wouldn''t be surprised if there isn''t a cheeky bid from somewhere for Ruddy ?

yes, the whole Ruddy situation is a bit hard to gauge. Been very iffy for the last few seasons due to confidence, but yet we know his capabilities as we saw how good he was before then.

If we got a £2m bid, would we sell him? if no, then perhaps £4m?

AN clearly favours a hard working forward, and Mbokani is likely not hard working enough for AN to start games (it seems).

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"] I think Alan Hutton from Villa is an Alex Neil type of player, and he puts in some great crosses, though I''m sure they wouldn''t sell to us, and many on here would hate us going for yet another scot ? [/quote]Don''t even say that in jest, Hutton is a disaster.  He may be able to put the odd cross in, but other than that he''s much worse that our Whitts, and think of Doherty on his worst days and triple it.  A recently closed board had a sensible Villa fan on there, yes there is the odd one, who never had a good word for him, and he never got a game under PL.  Total disaster. if you want to improve the squad, sign Noddy, you''d be better off![;)]

I think a CB and another Striker are priorities. Anything more than that will be a bonus. I personally would like to see another right sided midfielder. Someone a bit like Brady to complement the opposite flank. At the moment, when Redmond is deemed not to be the tactical choice (perhaps due to his stature?) we seem short on options.

I wonder if we''ll also see Mbokani''s and/or Jarvis'' loan moves made permanent? Jarvis would make more sense as it would free up a loan slot.

When looking at those who may leave - E.Bennett, Turner, Hooper and Lafferty would be the most likely.

I very much doubt we''ll sign another central midfielder when we have: O''Neill, Tettey, Mulumbu, Dorrans, VOO and Howson who all play in that position.

I don''t expect any drastic overhauls of areas, so right full back is not somewhere I expect to see much change unless we see Whittaker leave. If we sign one or two centre backs then we have more than enough cover to get us through until the summer with Martin, Wisdom and Whittaker.

The real key this window, is that if we sign anyone, they simply must be better than what we have. They need to improve our squad, make an impact and improve our chances of staying up - a simple task as some people would have you believe!

I would have a midfielder who can create chances

O''Neill, Tettey, Mulumbu, Dorrans, VOO and Howson no flair between the lot of them

yes we have brady on the left but where are the chances going to come from this midfield ? I am not talking one or two a game either we need more chances for strikers to score

Some strange stuff from the board in recent times. New contract for E.Bennett, at the end of last season, while a good guy, he seems to have lost it a bit after his injury, and the new contract seemed strange at the time.

Buying Dorrans with VOO, Oneill, Howson, Tettey already on the books was strange, even more so when Mulumbu arrived.

Lets hope for better deals this time.

I''d Like to see us sell: Grabban & Hooper and if we won''t use him lafferty (would like to see him used though)

Also sell: Whitts, Turner and Andreu and VOO

I''d like to see us bring in some new, young but talented reinforcements.

Two Ajax players to strengthen defence in Riedewald & Tete

and a Striker, which is difficult - i''ve not been overly impressed with the names banded about... how about Alex Pato from Corinthians?

We need someone who knows where the net is. Get this lad signed up - [URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXdLiPQ_VHU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXdLiPQ_VHU[/URL]

Andy G wrote the following post at 23/12/2015 1:46 PM:Two Ajax players to strengthen defence in Riedewald & Tete

----------------------------

I''m sure they''d be delighted!

Afobe in for £12m and selling Grabban for say £8m. would mean we are in effect paying £4m for a player who is about 5 years younger than Grabban.

Both players can score in the Championship and Afobe may be capable of scoring in The Premiership.

We should try to sign Afobe and sell Grabban as it makes logical sense to do so.

[quote user="Andy G"] how about Alex Pato from Corinthians?[/quote]
Not a chance we''d get him. Arsenal have allegedly been asking about him, and even if that''s rubbish, he could easily find a home somewhere like Everton, Liverpool etc etc or even at a team like Stoke with Shaqiri etc.
Great shout but no hope of pulling a name like that in here.

Hooper, Lafferty and Turner to be sold and a new centre back and striker are still my Jan wishes

Who would people prefer out of Seb Haller and Afobe?

Also saw that Naismith has said he wants to stay and fight for his place at Everton so perhaps he won''t move?