Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

James Wilson

Now we''ve had the lovely early prezzie of Matt Jarvis on a permanent deal we have a free slot to use on loan...

Got me thinking who we could get? Wilson has looked sharp at Brighton (even with the hughton shackles) and I''m sure old Chrissy Hughton would put a good word in for us. What do you think?

Perhaps if not him, there''s that Musonda (sp?) From Chelsea we could get to give Wes some competition/rest?

Any other names spring to mind?

I''d like Pritchard permanently. That would be a very smart long term signing for the club.

Whether that''s achievable I have no idea but he''s a cracking player.

Good idea. Spurs are one of the few that don''t look a bit desperate for players of the usual big clubs at the moment as well.

Can''t see them letting him go permanently too easy tho. Might be a case of buy back or sell on or the usual. I''d rather we just loan him for now, see how he manages the transition. We can have a proper think in summer what we do about wes'' successor.

Agree on Pritchard. A great player for the no 10 role in a 4-5-1/4-4-1-1. Won''t come cheap though, as he recently signed a long contract at Spurs. Also injured, so probably not availabke for loan either.

James Wilson is interesting, but to buy, not to loan.

Musonda from Chelsea also very interesting, but I guess he will be loaned to "safe" sides near the middle of the table, or top Cship sides.

Wilson hasn''t really proved anything, I think he''s a promising player but not necessarily ready for the Prem.

As for Pritchard, it''s a yes from me - but sadly unlikely!

Good shout on Pritchard. Was very impressed with him at Carrow Road when Brentford beat us. He had a lot of space that day but showed the potential to be a Wes type replacement. Very comfortable on the ball and when people did get close he often managed to wriggle away. Don''t think he has played at Tottenham very often and I seem to remember Pochettino saying he wanted him back for the season to see what he can do. As it''s not happened maybe worth a try.

Only negative might be is the potential signing of Naismith, I suspect he would be here for a similar role and I can''t see Pritchard being as ready to go as him.