Sign in to follow this  
willo

New Chairman... This should be fun....

I remember spending hours on long away game trips sitting on Lily Kemp''s coach next to Ed''s sister Ophelia.

As for our current Board, I''m sure Stephen Fry will be more than ready to take him in hand if the opportunity presents itself.

I''m truly f*cking flabbergasted - Albeit slim because you''re out of work and even offering Christmas recipes to Conservative magazines, there is a chance you might read the following:F*ck off, you insufferable failure - you suffered one of the most deliciously humiliating oustings at the hands of the electorate in British political history.It still stings, don''t it? You should be chancellor right now, but instead you''re baking souffles and making rather desperate attempts to convince us that your life has moved on and that you don''t care.But you do care

[quote user="alartz"]What kind of appointment is this?

A f**king politician in charge of a football club? Oh dear whatever next.[/quote]

Oh no the obvious s c u m m e r strikes again. Fcuk you''re boring binner.

I forgot about you Shyster!

I bet Wiz has taken the news even more badly.

A woman, a gay luvvie and an ex labour MP.

Who''s next..

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Not sure that''s such a good idea 93v. It rarely works. Francis Lee at Citeh springs to mind. Bobby Charlton could be a director at Man U? If so its probably like an ambassador.

Smith and Jones have a huge amount of contacts in the game who would happily advise them. And have done so in the past. They are hugely respected within the football world.[/quote]I believe it''s quite common in Germany to have former players on the board of the club, and seems to work quite well from what I understand. And I wouldn''t automatically blame Man City''s previous troubles on having Francis Lee in the boardroom, indeed that was a bit different from what I''m suggesting as he became Chairman after spending £3m buying shares in the club.There''s nothing wrong with getting extra outside advice on football matters, indeed it''s sensible, but I don''t think this should preclude having a football person as a director.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I forgot about you Shyster!

I bet Wiz has taken the news even more badly.

A woman, a gay luvvie and an ex labour MP.

Who''s next..[/quote][:D] Hi Nigel - I never had a problem with Delia and I''m a Bowie fan so you know I appreciate that times move on, but ED BALLS FFS! I''ll get banned by far lefty Paul Raven (again) for my previous posts and I sincerely don''t give a f*ck.I''ve supported two teams in my life - predominantly Norwich and then Luton - the latter need my money more than City and Ed Balls.

[U]

The owners of a club should be above selling it up as having a political direction but unfortunately our owners can''t help themselves in this respect. From the appointment of the left-supporting, non-participating Stephen Fry, to the joining the Labour national campaigning team just a week before the play-off final, DS clearly fails to understand her responsibilities. And now we get Balls as Chairman.

Norwich Labour party has somehow managed to get itself saddled with a left-wing extremist MP, I sincerely hope he doesn''t start to spout the "I''ve supported City since my schooldays" line - if he does, Delia will be in like a shot.

It is not the Labour party to which I object, it is the overt display of political linkage. I did not like Chases political involvement as a Tory county councillor but in fairness to him, he did not smear it all over the football club.

And long may you continue Shyster.

I see a lot of Delia in the image of our club. But I see it in a different light to many. I see the commitment to fans, the partnership with the CSF and the difference to the local community as a reflection of Delia''s influence.

I have the club I like and the club I''m proud of at the moment. But I accept many hate those things as much as I love them.

As for Ed Balls I can''t comment any more than I have. I think there''s more to come and it will be interesting to see what happens next.

For all the wailing about Fry the club has gone from strength to strength since he arrived. Whether that''s coincidence or not I don''t know. But as he costs us nothing I don''t care either.

[quote user="bristolcanary"]To bring an ex Chancellor to a board of any international company would be an extremely prestigious appointment. The fact that he is a fan is a bonus.[/quote]

Ex Chancellor? I must have missed that. You''re not Alastair Campbell are you Bristol?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="alartz"]What kind of appointment is this?

A f**king politician in charge of a football club? Oh dear whatever next.[/quote]Did you have someone else specifically in mind?[/quote]

Yeah an Arab billionaire so we can have a go at winning the league.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]PR disaster a failed MP who''s party sold the countries gold

what interested investor will trust him !!![/quote]

Get over it Norfolk. Your lot have won the last two elections.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Buh"]Ed Balls is a prize plum but I don''t expect the role to be anything but ceremonial. Can''t see what he adds to the footballing side, he''s just delias mate.[/quote]

Top economist, senior politician, lifelong Canary.

NEW Norwich City chairman Edward Michael Balls was born in Norwich on February 25, 1967, and is a lifelong supporter of Norwich City Football Club. 

Having started life in Norwich, his family moved to Nottingham when Mr Balls was 8. He attended Bawburgh County Primary, Crossdale Drive Primary School, and then Nottingham High School. Mr Balls went on to study Philosophy, Politics and Economics at Keble College, Oxford (First class honours), and economics and politics (MPA) at the John F Kennedy School of Government, Harvard, where he was a Kennedy Scholar and an economic Teaching Fellow. 

He joined the Financial Times in 1990 as an economic leader writer until his appointment as an economic adviser to Shadow Chancellor Gordon Brown in 1994. When Labour won the 1997 general election, Brown became Chancellor and Mr Balls continued to work as his economic adviser and went on to be appointed Chief Economic Adviser to HM Treasury. 

A former Member of Parliament for the Labour Party, Mr Balls served as MP for Normanton from 2005-10 and then the new Morley and Outwood constituency from 2010 to 2015. 

He has held a number of Cabinet and Shadow Cabinet positions for the Labour Party, including: 

May 2006 to June 2007 - Economic Secretary to the Treasury 
June 2007 to May 2010 - Secretary of State for Children, Schools and Families 
May 2010 to October 2010 - Shadow Secretary of State for Education 
October 2010 to January 2011 - Shadow Home Secretary 
January 2011 to May 2015 - Shadow Chancellor of the Exchequer 

image: http://www.canaries.co.uk/cms_images/edballs-profile-inarticle132-2870603.jpg

Ed Balls, Norwich City fan, aged 6.Ed has run the London Marathon three times since 2011, raising over £160,000 for WhizzKidz, a disabled children''s charity, and Action for Stammering Children. Ed is a Patron of the British Stammering Association. He served as a member of the Prime Minister''s Holocaust Commission and is now a member of the memorial Foundation Board.  

Since the 2015 General Election, Ed has been appointed a Senior Fellow at Harvard University Kennedy School''s Mossavar-Rahmani Center for Business and Government, and Visiting Professor to the Policy Institute at King''s College, London University. He is a member of the Privy Council and an Honorary Fellow of Keble College, Oxford. 

He is married to former Secretary of State for Work and Pensions Yvette Cooper MP, Member of Parliament for Normanton, Pontefract and Castleford. They have three children.
[/quote]

So he''s never had a real job.

[quote]

So he''s never had a real job.[/quote]

Apart from Journalist & University Lecturer but it''s been previously claimed that they are not real jobs like Accountancy or Auditing.

[quote user="Indy"]A journalist & lecturer are not proper jobs, like position isn''t a proper job. All three require a certain level of spin and delivery. Should fit in well, he might know some more people in Europe for the next time we have to scour Europe for a replacement.[/quote]

What utter cobblers. The level of idiocy on this board are quite astounding. Universities provide about 70 billion to the UK economy, around 3% of GDP. That after getting one of the lowest funding levels for developed countries. Who do you think does that production, lecturers and researchers.

By the way, for the UKip/Tories this place is awash with, the UK debt has increased by about 50% since Labour lost the election, and debt as a proportion of GDP has increased by about a third. The Daily Mail''s been telling you lies. But don''t worry, the 1% are doing ok.....

Just a few reminders for the seriously deluded folk who approve of this awful acquisition:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z31jCeqQC2khttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTcJk1ND594https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVwzR9UJKN4https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5WXpJ-KtiAhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5qIgSKG_s4Unfortunately there''s plenty more...

How in f*cks name is an irresponsible, spendthrift prIck like Balls going to get on with NCFC & McNally? The latter will be gone by the end of the season when we''re relegated.

[quote user="Hairy Kenneth"]That''s the spirit![/quote]It''s because my mind is set in the real world, Ken, why I''m feeling completely dispirited right now.What''s next? Jeremy f*cking Corbyn as Chief Executive!For the record, I''m UKIP, and I wouldn''t want any of those in such a position at our club either. BUT FAILED POLITICIANS FROM A FAILED LABOUR PARTY!!!What the actually f*ck!

His first decision will be whether we charge to red shirts or not. Black shirts is a no-no I''m afraid Strawman.