Sign in to follow this  
willo

New Chairman... This should be fun....

That''s another vote in her pocket for Delia at board meetings. Presumably he will actually turn up for board meetings unlike her other poodle Stephen Fry.

We have replaced a well respected business man with a positive reputation in the City with old Balls Up with a reputation for helping to screw up the country. You couldn''t make it up.

Decent appointment - I don''t think people realise that the true running of things lies with the CEO, which is why he''s healthily paid.

As for the auditor/accountant thing, having worked 20+ years as a management accountant, my experience is that most auditors don''t seem to know their arses from their elbows.

Shef

I have worked in industry!

Again making personal assumptions without knowledge.

No wonder you made FD. Recently witnessed one cut the audit department to the bone in his company as a cost cutting exercise even though the department was at worst cost neutral! And this was against our advice!

It is no wonder the financial position of that company is dangerously fragile!

As for Balls being Chancellor now, all i can say is thank god he is not! Whilst the banks still have a lot to answer for the reasons are far deeper than that and Borrowing even more when borrowing was too high anyway is economic suicide! Is that what you would recommend for your company? Keynesian theory has its limitations but hey all i was doing was stating an opinion not based on political leaning but on finance. A world that i work in!

Your bitterness may be born from experience but by stating auditors can be bought off you are intimating i can be and that i have no integrity? I assume you are a member of a professional organisation? I am sure they would like to know about all these crooked Auditors you know.

Less, I''m happy for Snake-eyes to continue on his own. I have drafted plenty of replies but I can see everyone else already has him licked.

Anyway, back on topic, Delia has appointed someone who I am sure she has taken counsel about. He has time on his hands and probably has some contacts. I''m not sure he has ever chaired a Board of this type before so expect not everything will turn out perfect. You could argue he is too much of a fan as well. But his recent snub by the good people of outer Leeds will make him think long and hard over any decision required by him so not expecting any change in the club''s strategy. The timing of the announcement now may mean our transfer business is done, or the board are uncertain about where to act on Neil''s proposals. So not expecting any shock surprises.

Agreed Branston.

If you were Delia and Co, would you leave Ed Balls sitting in the Barclay, or would you bring him in and see what he can bring to the table ? seems a no brainer, no matter where your politics take you, a man of his background / education must bring some value surely ? (and he hates Ipswich)

Rob Butler tweeted a pic of Ed and Delia.I asked him if Delia was touching Balls in it.He didn''t reply.

Apparently the appointment came about, when at a recent board meeting Delia stressed the importance of maintaining PL status, and Stephen Fry (via Skype) said it''s bonn take a lot of balls.

[quote user="morty"]I just hope he passed a medical, I don''t like the look of that knee brace....[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zpsgtmpq5ow.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zpsgtmpq5ow.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[/quote]

Camerone Jerome seriously needs to up his game...

Good luck to him. Unpaid role so isn''t costing the club anything and he may bring some new ideas to the table

My view for what its worth is that we have figurehead appointment as chairman in much the same way as when Stephen Fry was appointed to the board. A backward step in my opinion.

In 2009 when the club were close to administration Alan Bowkett undertook to renegotiate the clubs loans. The rest they say is history. Debt free and in the premier league.

Now here''s a hypothetical question. Would Mr Ed Balls have necessary business experience to do what Bowkett did for the club in 2009?

[quote user="south of the border"]My view for what its worth is that we have figurehead appointment as chairman in much the same way as when Stephen Fry was appointed to the board. A backward step in my opinion.

In 2009 when the club were close to administration Alan Bowkett undertook to renegotiate the clubs loans. The rest they say is history. Debt free and in the premier league.

Now here''s a hypothetical question. Would Mr Ed Balls have necessary business experience to do what Bowkett did for the club in 2009?[/quote]Build a time machine, go back and discover the existence of a parallel universe perhaps?Could Ed Balls have stopped Hitler? Theres another hypothetical question.