Sign in to follow this  
willo

New Chairman... This should be fun....

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Indy"]Purely a pals appointment, IMO, limited gain for the club, let''s see where we are in six months time with our new Chairman.

Sad when clubs all around are attracting investment and football nouse, we get a failed Labour Economist, who''s next onto the board.....Delias catering manager? Publisher? Gardener?[/quote]Honestly though, does it really matter?The man is a prick.[/quote]Fixed that for you.The man who was part of the team that bankrupted the Nation for generations to come.The amateurism of the Board is quite startling at times.

But Indy my dear, how many of those investors actually come to be chairman? I would wager a hefty sum that the investment is the principal aim and those that do become chairman (which isn''t a given or the majority of them) do so just to be on the board. Most investors install a puppet chairman so we (by your reckoning) are no different.

Personally I think it is potentially a very good move, how many other clubs have a former chancellor on the board who will bring with him a mountain of contacts and pwed favours from the great and not so good of the business world?

It does Morty!

If you believe that the Chairperson is nothing more than a ceremonial figurehead you are seriously mistaken!

They have more clout and influence than you think!

I do fear for the financial competance of this club with this appointment!

[quote user="snake-eyes"]It does Morty!

If you believe that the Chairperson is nothing more than a ceremonial figurehead you are seriously mistaken!

They have more clout and influence than you think!

I do fear for the financial competance of this club with this appointment![/quote]Yeah that degree in economics from Harvard will be no use at all...

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Ed Balls is a dynamic and abrasive character who doesn''t suffer fools much at all, let alone gladly, and has an impressive list of contacts. In those ways I doubt he is much different to the man he is replacing.[/quote]I should add that for those who fancy us being bought with dollars, Balls'' contacts in the US are probably better than Bowkett''s.

[quote user="morty"]Cracking timing by the club, we have all forgotten about Spurs now.[:D][/quote]

Did we play Spurs, did we win?

It was no use as Chancellor Morty! Demonstrated complete financial and economic mastery didn''t he?

But then again i know nothing about business and money do I?

Despite working as an Auditor!

I stand corrected to your superior knowledge of finance!

[quote] user="whoareyou?"] [quote user="morty"] [quote user="Indy"]Purely a pals appointment, IMO, limited gain for the club, let''s see where we are in six months time with our new Chairman.

Sad when clubs all around are attracting investment and football nouse, we get a failed Labour Economist, who''s next onto the board.....Delias catering manager? Publisher? Gardener?[/quote]Honestly though, does it really matter?The man is a prick.[/quote]Fixed that for you.The man who was part of the team that bankrupted the Nation for generations to come.The amateurism of the Board is quite startling at times.[/quote]

Hilarious, your still falling for this ridiculous propaganda.

[quote user="Bor"]Maybe he can teach our centre halves to head balls.[/quote]

Now that quality!😂

[quote user="Indy"][quote user="morty"]Cracking timing by the club, we have all forgotten about Spurs now.[:D][/quote]

Did we play Spurs, did we win?[/quote]Shoosh.Ed Balls.

Snake Eyes. Since when has an auditor stopped a company or a football club ever going tit''s up. Get out into the real world before you spout your right wing toss on here. Which I did 20 years ago, and I know I''d rather have Ed in charge to save the country, than Gideon selling us all down the river!

Of course it is Morty, none of us have the slightest inkling of what sort of job he can do. Only time will tell, and I remain open minded.

A poor choice, despite the fact he''s a fan.

He''s also another snout the trough ex-politician...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mps-expenses/5325590/Ed-Balls-and-Yvette-Cooper-flipped-homes-three-times-MPs-expenses.html

[quote user="morty"]Will there be at a protest about this?Banners at the match tomorrow, "Balls out"?[/quote]

Someone better tell Wiz its only banners or there may be an unfortunate incident involving a wheelchair....

someone who wont rock the boat for delia and michael

maybe he can have a word with mr blair and ask him to hook us up with one of his arab friendswhich would be great, except delia wont sell to anyone unless they have got 11 toes and a tail

I have zero political issues, but I''d like to see DS stop making such a Ball''s up........

Our board meetings will be hosted by Alan Carr soon, on tonight''s show, the pensioners favourite cook, the man who drives a black cab and a failed economist.

It''s out of our say so, it''s up to DS & MWJ as they can pretty much do what they like as the majority share holders.......so we can all discuss what we think and go for that next ride in the NCFC roller coaster.