Sign in to follow this  
willo

New Chairman... This should be fun....

Terrible choice, saw him have Dinner and close conversation with delia, MWJ. and McNally recently and suspected this might happen. NOT HAPPY as we need someone with money not more old cronies. we have become a joke and its not funny

What an awful appointment IMO, what the hell will he bring to the club?

So when others attract investment or an experienced man, we have an economist adviser with limited experience in this area.

Not really an appointment to advance the club but more in line with the owners wants.

Still I''m pretty sure the normal pro board on here will be delighted with this.....

Not great news was hoping for a step change and move in a forward direction, how we will miss Bowkett, methinks.

Wow, well done Delia - woman of principle obviously. This could blow the support wide apart though. Thank god it''s what happens on the pitch that matters. So if he really did bankrupt the country (he didn''t that''s Tory fiction), then those advocating a spend to stay up policy surely m7ust have their wish come true now! Let the fun begin.

Delia is a Labour supporter so this makes sense. From what I have heard Ed is very astute financially and may have lots of connections.

It''s what happens next that could be interesting.

Indy doesn''t like it so that augers well. Indy doesn''t like Alex Neil or Matt Jarvis either. Could this be a hat-trick...

Stick to the thread and your own opinion old man. Stop attacking me and derailing the thread yet again.

[quote user="Vanwink"]Lots of borrowing and spending this window then, great choice for loose fiscal policy.[/quote]Shake that Magic Money Tree a bit harder.

Purely a pals appointment, IMO, limited gain for the club, let''s see where we are in six months time with our new Chairman.

Sad when clubs all around are attracting investment and football nouse, we get a failed Labour Economist, who''s next onto the board.....Delias catering manager? Publisher? Gardener?

[quote user="Indy"]Purely a pals appointment, IMO, limited gain for the club, let''s see where we are in six months time with our new Chairman.

Sad when clubs all around are attracting investment and football nouse, we get a failed Labour Economist, who''s next onto the board.....Delias catering manager? Publisher? Gardener?[/quote]Honestly though, does it really matter?The man is a figurehead.

[quote user="Making Plans"]This time next year we''ll be bankrupt[/quote]

Only if the twits that run the Premier league cock it up. Ah but that would be just like those Bankers (and friends of Tories) did in 2007?

Ed Balls is a dynamic and abrasive character who doesn''t suffer fools much at all, let alone gladly, and has an impressive list of contacts. In those ways I doubt he is much different to the man he is replacing.

Not as a figurehead but Bowkett bought so much more to the club and if we wanted to make a statement and a big step forward this could have been a great time to bring on something better.....

I know my reaction is negative but knowing Bowkett this really is like a non event!