Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Norwich in 10m euro bid for Inter defender Andrea Ranocchia

Where has he ''openly'' said this?

From what I have been told, over the weekend, that Norwich have an offer on the table which Inter are agreeable to and the offer to the player is being looked at - whilst he would prefer to stay in Italy he knows that he will have to leave Inter to get regular football.

Obviously Inter and Norwich will only wait so long, but the deal isn''t dead yet. I would be very surprised if it comes off, but stranger things have happened.

It reminds me of Shaqiri to Stoke, the player was strongly against it at first, but when no one else made an acceptable offer to Bayern he had to change his mind.

If the player doesn''t really want to come and we end up being a move of last resort for him then I think we are taking a huge risk with what for us is a lot of money.

He obviously has the skill set that we need but more important will be judging his attitude and professionalism, I want players who are 100% committed, is that commitment really possible if you would prefer to be somewhere else?

I don''t really agree - it isn''t often that players play for a club they support, you have to trust their professional integrity that they will treat it ''properly'' - as you would for any employee in any company - if they take the job. In this case, the guy would be at a PL side and at the very least in the shop window for bigger sides and also for his international career.

Lets bin this farse. He doesn''t want to come so thats that . The Norwich scouting system of identifying Italian players who are n interested in coming to the club really needs looking at. we waste time and look stupid whilst losing a march on more realistic targets

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]If the player doesn''t really want to come and we end up being a move of last resort for him then I think we are taking a huge risk with what for us is a lot of money.

He obviously has the skill set that we need but more important will be judging his attitude and professionalism, I want players who are 100% committed, is that commitment really possible if you would prefer to be somewhere else?[/quote]

Do you really think that our manager would sign a player if there was any doubt about his commitment? I remember someone else turning up to sign only to subsequently being shown the door!

I  will re adress the "openly" word, the guy has not been seen uttering  words openly in public that he has turned down City. I have the Tuttomarcatoweb report saying that in the last few days he has turned down Norwich City. Also Paddys words yesterday saying it was a non starter.Lets put it on the other foot. Can you show me even the tiniest report anywhere that hes ever  had the smallest of wishes to be remotely interested in coming to Norfolk? The sole positive in this saga is that Inter were reported as ok in accepting the fee on offer. But that means nothing if the player is not prepared to leave Italy. To me  Rano is just another in a long line of Italians linked to City, but in this case seems City did actually put a bid in. In that kudos to City for  being more positive in their player seeking abilities.

I doubt Neil would sign him if his attitude wasn''t right. I can''t remember the center forwards name in the summer that we agreed a deal with for it then to be terminated after Neil had spoken to him?

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Lets bin this farse. He doesn''t want to come so thats that . The Norwich scouting system of identifying Italian players who are n interested in coming to the club really needs looking at. we waste time and look stupid whilst losing a march on more realistic targets[/quote]Spot on Yorkshire!

[quote user="grefstad"][quote user="Essjayess"]Ya i seem to recall amidst all these reports mention of City paying him 3 mill euro a year wages, which if true, would seem to be comparable, if not even more than hes getting at Inter. For sure in this instance, this player would not be turning down City because of a drop in wages but for the other argued about reasons.[/quote]

Hmm...if he is turning down a 50% increase in wages (supposedly), there must be good arguments for him to stay in Italy...or good arguments in general for him not to come to Norwich (uncertain future if relegation, possible loss of place in the EURO2016 squad, new country, does not speak the language well enough, small club almost unheard of in Italy, etc.)

Could be many reasons, but if we can not get a player of this kind when offering a 50% increase in wages, knowing that players have short careers, and that wages/money would, for most, perhaps be the biggest reason to move (maybe apart from winning trophies/honours), I struggle to see how we can get similar players through the doors.

Maybe the guy will be thinking his time at Norwich will be all about fighting off relegation each year (which it probably also will be), and he would like a chance at a club where he could win something.[/quote]

Having travelled quite a bit around the East Coast of the U.S, and some places along the west, I''ve always had a few people comment on my Norwich (Nor-which as they call it) shirt.

This is in the UNITED STATES. Home of baseball and American football. if Norwich isn''t ''unheard of'' here, then I''m sure it''s known in Italy.

also, in response to this fallacy of "If we''re not a top choice, we''re better off without him" - it''s utter rubbish. If we''re indeed not his top choice, but he ends up coming to us, he''s not going to throw his career away by not playing at his best. the term "stepping stone" comes to mind. odds are he will work his arse off in hope of getting a better team to come in for him. This is mutually beneficial. He gets to go to a more prestigious team, and we would likely make a profit on the transfer, while racking up the points when he is here.

FYI - Michael Bailey has just quashed this rumour. Not on the NCFC list of targets apparently. That''s the end of that.

Inter have reached an agreement with Norwich for the sale of Ranocchia for a figure of around € 9 million plus two bonuses. Substantial even procuring for the defender who would receive 3.5 million Euros per season.

The part of the link that says "..manca l''ok del difensore" means ''the defender [still] hasn''t agreed to the move''

Norwich will have looked at many Centre Backs over an extended period back beyond last summer and Ranocchia has been gently touted across Europe. Norwich might well have established what his price might be, as would anyone looking at a range of privately-held second-hand cars they might buy.

Such "interest"''is conveniently resurrected when other deals are on the table..particularly those that might actually go through...

Parma

So are you saying that his party (or more likely Inter) have caught wind that we''re tying up a deal for another defender and are trying one last attempt at touting Rano to us?

or

Rano is about to join somewhere else and either his agent or Inter are trying to have a last go at touting out for a better deal.

Now being reported on soccerlens he''s agreed to join Liverpool.

Thought he wanted more playing time. Hope the injured players come back quick and he ends up on the bench again.

Liverpool''s Premier League rivals Norwich City had lined up an audacious move for the Italy international, but it was believed that the player had no interest in joining a team of Norwich''s stature.

For reference several months ago at the back end of the summer, reports in Italy stated that Klopp had shown an interest previously in taking Ranocchia to Dortmund.

Upon his move to Liverpool, these stories were resurrected and rehashed. It can easily be the case that the current stories are rehashes of the rehash, one because Ranocchia is a story and two because it may suit both Inter and Ranocchia that he remains so for the rest of January.

From an Italian perspective it would be a surprise to see him leave Italy.

Parma

And from a Norfolk perspective would be interesting to see him at Carrow Road in a few weeks lining up for Liverpool. Imsure he will recieve a warm welcome.

I really hope we''ve been using this to get it know around Europe that we''re looking for a quality CB and have money to spend.   Or we''ve just made a simple enquiry and that''s it.  Otherwise I think we''ve just been wasting our time.