Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Norwich in 10m euro bid for Inter defender Andrea Ranocchia

Having read through kirku''s posts, fingers crossed he doesn''t fancy Norwich as a destination......

The thing I don''t understand is people don''t realise that Swansea have benefitted financially from a subsidised stadium whose legality has been questioned and Stoke are heavily subsidised by the owner of Bet 365: They can afford to pay higher wages. They are not valid comparisons. When asked who my team is on my travels they are vaguely aware we are premier league but have no idea where it is let alone express a desire to visit. It is also a nightmare to travel to unless you are say Dutch. To think otherwise is to think parochially rather than as a young footballer from another location. The only reason to come to Norwich is premier wages and as we have the lowest budget in the league we are the least attractive club in the league: I wish Big Sam was wrong. i wish that it was wrong but that is the outside rather than local view.

Another, more balanced, view

I don''t know if he is going to Norwich or not, but I''m pretty sure he is going to be good if he goes to a place where he has 1) a proper partner (aka not JJ) and 2) a good cover from the midfield.

Unlike others here I don''t think Rano is bad, but I do think he has some limitations that are out for everyone to see, the main ones being that he is slow and that he lacks confidence, but I think, leaving Inter the confidence issue is going to be better...

I would have liked seeing Rano paired up with Murillo and still having the captaincy to see if I''m right or wrong, but things played out like this to him here and now it''s time for him to move on and be better somewhere else (because honestly I think he can still -and he will- improve a lot).

Also, I don''t know why people says he is bad in the air when he is not. And also if you see the moments when he has been at his best you can see how he can actually be great, there are clues of that even in matches where we wouldn''t say he had a great performance (for example in this last match against

PSG where he wasn''t very good... at some point he had to cover all by himself the entire defense and he did it pretty well...but it''s also truth that he hasn''t been too consistent with us but part of that I blame it on this relationship having been kinda dead for a long time now even when he was the captain,so...).

Anyway, opinions here about Rano are not going to be unbiased (and that''s including mine), so if at the end you buy him, wait to really see before judging .

Last one, for now:

"Yeah I don''t think his game suits the EPL. He''s not a very physical defender (for his size) and he''s very slow on the turn. In the EPL he will get exposed to more situations where he is running towards his goal or sucked out wide to deal with a tricky attacker one on one. I''m not saying he couldn''t be successful there but he would have a long adjustment period similar to Mertesacker and he would need to be in the right system. If you guys like to play a high line it''s not a good idea."

Im not completely sure but seems to me its essentially an Italian psyche problem. I dont know if Parma would know more than most of us, but Italians seem so insular, to them an English destination outside London, Liverpool or Manchester may as well be Outer Mongolia. Most footballers from other Euro nations seem ok coming to clubs in England, even outside the big 6. African footballers to have no hesitation. If little Norwich cant attract guys from outside England then how did we get RVW?...how did we get Dave, a Congolese playing in Ukraine? or even hopefully Ivo Pinto, a Portuguese playing in Croatia?..maybe with Ranocchia its the question of making the Italian squad, but if hes as awful as the Inter fans make out, also not getting game time, then hes no hope of  making the Italian squad anyway.

Never read too much into what other clubs fans say. If a player looks like leaving, they will always focus on the negatives instead of the positives. I remember when we was close to signing Brady, all the Hull fans were saying how we have overspent, his crossing was more miss than hit and that they think he would be their 2nd choice player on the left because Andy Robertson is better at defending and going forward. I think it''s safe to say those guys were pretty wrong about him

[quote user="Oh Cameron Jeroooooooome"]The thing I don''t understand is when people say it''s hard to attract players to come to Norwich. How do places/clubs like Swansea manage to attract people like Fernandez, Ayew, Gomis, Bony etc.[/quote]
Wages.

http://www.fcinter1908.it/ultim-ora/sky-ranocchia-vuole-rimanere-in-serie-a-il-bologna-insiste-e-pare-che-le-parti-171899

SKY - RANOCCHIA WANTS TO STAY IN SERIE A. BOLOGNA INSISTS AND IT SEEMS THAT THE PARTIES ...

01.01.2016 19:30 Andrea Della Sala Twitter: @ dellas8427 article read 107 times

Source: Sky Sports

The future of Ranocchia seems away from Inter. The defender is looking for a new team to find the continuity that Inter are not getting. Norwich follows him but he wants to stay in Italy and Bologna is quite interested. As reported by Sky Sports seems that Inter and Bologna are closer to what the arrangements for payment of the engagement to the player. Denied, however the interest of Roma to Inter defender.

You get a better idea from the views of fans than reading Wikipedia or taking your point of view, Miggins.

The phrases ''slow'' and ''prone to mistakes'' kept repeating - qualities as far removed from a relegation-saving centre-half that we could wish for........

[quote user="T"]Reality is that Norwich is not an attractive destination of choice for young footballers, especially foreign footballers. For older british players married with kids it may well be considered a good option but as Sam Allardyce says, who may have a bit of experience, the first destination of choice for foreign players is London then the bigger cities.[/quote]

Correct. Norwich is a great place to visit, probably to live too (if you have family), but a cool African dude with an attitude will never go to Norwich, as it is seen as a backwater.

Which it also is, compared to London and bigger cities.

Any Norwich fan with a bit of common sense would see this..

Hmmm many things to think about this... The first, well we should at the very least be excited by the transfer fee and the indication that the club is backing the manager. However...

I don''t think there is a chance in hell of this happening, as the article above seems to indicate, we can agree everything under the sun with the other club but if the player doesn''t want to come, it ain''t happening. How many times did this happen in the summer?

I''m happy that the club is being ambitious, but what concerns me is that we could end up once again trying to attract players who don''t want to come here and yet again pull a blank like the summer and our pursuit of a CB. I just can''t see an Italian international coming to Norwich, for football, cultural, financial and personal reasons. What was the name of that striker we were linked with who ended up going on loan somewhere else... I''m getting exactly the same vibe from this.

unique wrote the following post at 01/01/2016 7:21 PM:

You get a better idea from the views of fans than reading Wikipedia or taking your point of view, Miggins.

The phrases ''slow'' and ''prone to mistakes'' kept repeating - qualities as far removed from a relegation-saving centre-half that we could wish for........

-------------------------------

You don''t take a point of view out of thin air though and you don''t make a good judgement call by looking at wiki or a youtube video. I''ve always thought listening to fans opinions of their player does indeed say alot, but it''s not quite as good as seeing for yourself how good the player is.

To say you don''t want a player here because some fans have said that about this player doesn''t mean that he won''t be any good here. I believe I made that mistake with Jarvis; hammers fans were happy to see him go (though thought he was a nice bloke) yet in the few games he''s played for us he has been good and has gone on to sign for us permanently.

If you look back in the thread I said he was slow as well, however will this get us relegated? What about his better qualities that can add to our play? Unfortunately you''ve imo been persuaded all too easily that he will not be good enough to save us from the inevitable relegation we face.

[quote user="grefstad"][quote user="T"]Reality is that Norwich is not an attractive destination of choice for young footballers, especially foreign footballers. For older british players married with kids it may well be considered a good option but as Sam Allardyce says, who may have a bit of experience, the first destination of choice for foreign players is London then the bigger cities.[/quote]

Correct. Norwich is a great place to visit, probably to live too (if you have family), but a cool African dude with an attitude will never go to Norwich, as it is seen as a backwater.

Which it also is, compared to London and bigger cities.

Any Norwich fan with a bit of common sense would see this..[/quote]

Kei Kamara was a cool dude with attitude.

can u sit down please wrote the following post at 01/01/2016 8:04 PM:

JARVIS is on 45k

Do you recon he''s our top earner, assuming that figure is right.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"]Alex Tettey is a cool Norwegian dude with attitude.

[/quote]

You don''t know Tettey well if you claim he has an attitude...

Very down to earth guy.

Well anyway,as ive been saying for the last 48 hours and as every city fan knows anyway, hes off to Bologna.  I think my posts about us not getting a dedicated CB this window are still very much on.  Sunderland are grabbing two of our rumoured targets in Kone and Caulker and Rano is off to Bologna, so now we need new rumours lol...any suggestions?To my knowledge NKoulou is still available at Marseilles for around 10 mill euro, but betcha by golly Liverpool or a club similar will be in for him very quick.

[quote user="grefstad"][quote user="A Load of Squit"]Alex Tettey is a cool Norwegian dude with attitude.

[/quote]

You don''t know Tettey well if you claim he has an attitude...

Very down to earth guy.[/quote]

Yes, a very down to earth attitude.

The argument that players won''t come here because of it not being a major city and not London amuses me. I wonder how Swansea, Stoke, Sunderland, Leicester and Bournemouth manage then? How did Middlesborough, a place that is often described as the worst to live in the country manage to pursuide Juninho and Ravenelli? Simple fact is it doesn''t matter, they will go where the money and ambition is.

Simple fact: Wages

Ncfc offer low wages compared to most EPL clubs. Max wage is probably 40-50k, and others pay more, sadly.

Like I said, they go where the money and ambition is.

I know people will go for the money but joining Sunderland is a huge risk with them very likely to go down. Do other clubs have relegation clauses like we do?

grefstad wrote the following post at 01/01/2016 8:53 PM:

Simple fact: Wages

Ncfc offer low wages compared to most EPL clubs. Max wage is probably 40-50k, and others pay more, sadly.

Palace are paying Cabaye 100k a week, that''s what took him there, has nothing to do with London

Why does anyone take a particular job? Wages and location are the main reason. NCFC falls down comparatively in both categories. Quite some arrogance from some people on here who think they know better the big Sam who recently said when he spoke to agents the first choice was London. I hear people on my travels overseas all the time they have been or would like to go to London. I have never once heard someone say they want to go Norwich.

[quote user="T"]Why does anyone take a particular job? Wages and location are the main reason. NCFC falls down comparatively in both categories. Quite some arrogance from some people on here who think they know better the big Sam who recently said when he spoke to agents the first choice was London. I hear people on my travels overseas all the time they have been or would like to go to London. I have never once heard someone say they want to go Norwich.[/quote]But I have heard many who, once they have been here, remark on how lovely it is.The amount of players who settle in the area once their career is over is testament to this.