Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Norwich in 10m euro bid for Inter defender Andrea Ranocchia

Bit more meat on the bones in this article:

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2015/12/30/inter-defender-andrea-ranocchia-has-norwich-city-option/260883/

Looks like we might be battling it out with Bologna again...

Surprised these stories are starting to appear on the Beeb who used to stick purely to fact - according to them Naismith and Ranocchia are essentially done deals. I guess time will tell if they''re true!

Yeah AJ the Beeb tend to keep their powder dry until they''ve checked their own sources, so maybe this is good to go??

Yeah BBC is usually pretty good on their reports. It doesn''t say he wants to join though so far from a done deal. If we pull this one off I would be very surprised but happy we can attract a player of this calibre.

The Bologna link is a loan deal, and Inter would prefer to sell as they need the money. Benfica were interested last summer i believe but have not followed up as yet.

Looks like it would be a fantastic signing if it happens.

I don''t think 42k a week is too outrageous either, providing we stay in the PL. I imagine there would be some sort of wage reduction and/or a release clause for if we go down.

The Bologna link is a loan deal, and Inter would prefer to sell as they need the money. Benfica were interested last summer i believe but have not followed up as yet.

I think I read somewhere that he isn''t the quickest. Well whatever surely he''s an improvement on what we have in that position already.

Indeed, he''s not been very good for Inter, but he is a high profile player. A bit shaky and slow, however he''s tall, a very good header of the ball when I''ve seen him as well as being comfortable with the ball with a good eye for a pass.

It''s not as much of a risk as RVW, but like any signing, we could regret forking out the money for him.

What I''d also say though, is that is the type of gamble we need to be taking as a club; Naismith is a solid signing (if true), but signing big players like Ranocchia will imo be the difference of either getting relegated/staying up by the skin of our teeth or staying up with games to spare.

This is old news, it was reported days and days ago that City had supposedly bid 10 mill euro. Guess its been revitalised  coz some staff member at Auntie Beeb has started trawling thru the Italian sports mags...bad move Auntie lol.  Anyway, hes an Italian international, he will loan out to Bologna or stay warming his posterior on the Inter bench. But kudos to City if the  bid / salary rumours are true, least they  are showing intent. Its just...Destro...Zaza...Eder...the Milan Japanese  defender, forget his name..weve been here so often.

This does have a feel like the summer speculation, Italian CBs, not sure if they want to come to England, other options for them, not keen on relegation clauses etc etc. We will see but this does not have the feel of an early January deal if indeed it ever comes off

This sounds like the summer all over again. Leaked interest, and if he doesn''t fancy a different challenge, do we have a plan B?

But would be a fantastic signing if we pull it off. It''s just still a big "IF"

Just been  watching youtube vids of him, the good and the not so good. Inter fans nicknamed him "The Frog", not hard to see why. He is very two footed, but one of his traits is the two footed slide tackle. 9 times out of 10 he gets it  timed perfextly, but of course in the Prem, if he occasionally times it wrong, he will end up scything a player to the ground...instant red card. Seems  very springy and really good  header of a ball. Cannot believe we could land a guy of this quality for 7 or 8 mill pound. Just wish he wasnt in Italy lol...oh well we can but dream.

feel like we are being used to get a better deal; but can only wait and see

from memory there were reports of several clubs on and around £40k pw, so thats not far of "normal for norfolk"