Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Cricket Score Today?

Dreading this one with our leaky defense unless we pack the midfield it could be a very unpleasant afternoon. Hope i am wrong but think goals against could be anywhere between 3 and 7

If we play like we can, we will surprise them. Our possession stats this season are excellent and MC won''t be used to a team having the lion shares of possession.  If we play at our best and  manage to nick a goal, the pressure of expectation will get to them.  Chances are good imo.

So, a lot of posters expect us to lose today. And a large amount also expect us to get thrashed as well. Therefore if we do get a good kicking,this forum will be very quiet this evening, as it is what was to be expected. Right?

Of course it will be a cricket score.
0-0 is a cricket score.
So is 128-3.
I don''t think it will be either of those, but the point remains that every football match ends in a cricket score.  Sorry to be pedantic.  Actually, I''m not sorry.  Bog off.

[quote user="Silent Bor"]the point remains that every football match ends in a cricket score[/quote]I really hope we win 14-12 now. [;)]

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Silent Bor"]the point remains that every football match ends in a cricket score[/quote]I really hope we win 14-12 now. [;)][/quote]
Oh you.
[:)]

morning all, all the blues i know never go into games predicting city`s scores!, even after all the money and the complete trouserings we`ve handed out in recent years we still expect "typical city" to turn up when we least expect it!. i think it`ll be a lot tighter than many expect, but the worst thing norwich can do is to turn up and play a flat back 9, it may work for 75 minutes, but once it fails... (see newcastle two weeks ago). attacking is the best form of defence as many teams have proved, but-

" Our possession stats this season are excellent and MC won''t be used to a team having the lion shares of possession. "

city`s possession stats aren`t too bad either.

we`ll see, good luck and may the best team win.

[quote user="exiled blue"]morning all, all the blues i know never go into games predicting city`s scores!, even after all the money and the complete trouserings we`ve handed out in recent years we still expect "typical city" to turn up when we least expect it!. i think it`ll be a lot tighter than many expect, but the worst thing norwich can do is to turn up and play a flat back 9, it may work for 75 minutes, but once it fails... (see newcastle two weeks ago). attacking is the best form of defence as many teams have proved, but-

" Our possession stats this season are excellent and MC won''t be used to a team having the lion shares of possession. "

city`s possession stats aren`t too bad either.

we`ll see, good luck and may the best team win.[/quote]Our possession stats are excellent, but we''ve not really played any of the big boys yet. At Anfield we had 41% of possession, so I wouldn''t expect us to have the ''lion''s share'' of possession today by any stretch of the imagination. We have been leaking goals alarmingly so I''d expect us to set out quite defensively, and if (as predicted) Mbokani isn''t fit to start then whoever starts up top (probably Jerome) will likely have a pretty isolated afternoon. If we can stay within touching distance after an hour, I''d expect Redmond and/or Hoolahan to be on the bench to give us a bit more attacking intent. And maybe even a bit of Lafferty to try to unsettle your centre-backs, if we''re lucky! If we lose an early goal, it could be a very long 90 minutes for us.

after watching Norwich for over 30 years the only predictable thing is their unpredictability. Having dropped lots of points against mid table teams so far and the bad defeat at Newcastle we really could do with some points against teams we would not be expected to get anything from. I doubt it will be today though but you never know

Sort of know what to expect today ,but you never know ,might be a draw ,they will think it''s going to be easy and be laid back . That''s all we can hope for .