Sign in to follow this  
AJ

"Mystery" Injured Player doubt for Saturday

Let''s see if we can suss it out from AN''s piece today;

I''m assuming it''s probably Bassong.

Who do you think it is? Winners get a warm feeling of smugness when the team sheet is announced on Saturday.

I''d guess Hoolahan.

Only because this is the one player we may build are team and style of play around.

That''s on the presumption Man City will even care or be bothered to do any preparation on how they may set up against us!!!

Poor old Manuel Pellegrini, he must''ve watched our press conference and now he''ll be up all night wandering who it is and how he''ll have to change his plans to accommodate it.

I thought Bassong, as he''s one of our key/senior players - and with Wisdom also out we would rather be getting down to low numbers in terms of fit defenders

I wonder why he needs to keep it a mystery?Its not as if Man City will be sat right now thinking "Oh God, I hope player x isn''t playing"

“We have another slight concern that has come in this morning but I can’t tell you who that is." - does concern = injury automatically? Could it be something else?

It could be that the players injury is so bad that AN couldn''t recognise who it was, perhaps the players head fell off?

TC I nearly fell off my chair reading that! Brilliant!

For those wondering why it''s a ''mystery'' I did find it odd - the only thing I can think of is if it''s not a serious injury but some kind of knock which could be played on - if the identity and injury type are not known by the opposition they won''t attack the injury.

AKA - player has bruised ankle but is able to play. Opposition know ankle is bruised and set out to go in hard tackles on said players ankle. Could be the logic.

[quote user="Liquidator"]“We have another slight concern that has come in this morning but I can’t tell you who that is." - does concern = injury automatically? Could it be something else?[/quote]Maybe Delia turned up pi$$ed at training this morning and is insisting on playing RB against Citeh.[;)]  Wait a minute...................

Deffo either Seb or Wes. Both were labouring heavily at the end on Tuesday. Wes'' slip at the penalty spot underlined how unfit he was.

[quote user="shefcanary"]Deffo either Seb or Wes. Both were labouring heavily at the end on Tuesday. Wes'' slip at the penalty spot underlined how unfit he was.[/quote]I am not so sure Wes will be playing, I think the biggest miss for us would be Bassong.Martin and Bennett at CB. Hmmmm.....

Sounds like must be Bassong, if you saw him coming off the pitch on Tuesday evening he looked totally out on his feet, thought he had done 10 rounds with Tyson the way he trudged off.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Sounds like must be Bassong, if you saw him coming off the pitch on Tuesday evening he looked totally out on his feet, thought he had done 10 rounds with Tyson the way he trudged off.[/quote]

Might be Bassong but AN said came to light this morning not after the game Tuesday

Lessingham Canary wrote the following post at 30/10/2015 10:25 PM:

Sounds like must be Bassong, if you saw him coming off the pitch on Tuesday evening he looked totally out on his feet, thought he had done 10 rounds with Tyson the way he trudged off.

Didn''t see the game but to be fair he often walks a bit like that, even when he is ok!😄

Just watched Cameron Jerome''s interview on Canaries Player.
Talking about Mbokani...
"Unfortunately, not sure if he''s going to be able to go this weekend, but it''ll give someone else the chance to step up".
That''s that one solved then.
Gulp.

[quote user="kick it off"]Just watched Cameron Jerome''s interview on Canaries Player.
Talking about Mbokani...
"Unfortunately, not sure if he''s going to be able to go this weekend, but it''ll give someone else the chance to step up".
Gulp.
[/quote]Actually it''s not - the original article said Wisdom was out, Mbokani was a major doubt, plus there was one *other* mystery absentee...

[quote user="kick it off"]Just watched Cameron Jerome''s interview on Canaries Player.
Talking about Mbokani...
Gulp.
[/quote]

If its Mbokani I''m not worried at all.

Wes or Bassong is my guess for the mystery player whos injured

[quote user="cityangel"]Wes or Bassong is my guess for the mystery player whos injured[/quote]Neither.How odd.

Odd! Maybe they magically recovered after taking a ''mystery potion'' :P