Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Talking up a sale?.

Damo''s agent (I will not name him, in fear of breaking out with 1000 boils) is going on in the good ship EDP this morning, saying that Francis (who is he?) will leave City. And that Portsmouth are favourites to sign him (again!) as Charlton have now lost interest in him (I told you the rumours were wrong!).

He then goes on and says, ''if he (Francis) is still at Norwich come the deadline, then he won''t let us down''!.

Well, come on pal, what''s it to be?, either he is definitely/maybe leaving, or he''''s staying, you can''t have it both ways you know.

IMO, his agent is trying to talk this dead deal up, well here is my message to Damo''s agent, I no longer give a toss about your client!.

If he stays or leaves, I no longer care, I suspect a lot of City fans are thinking like this today.

same really. Its a shame he had to ruin all of his good work. He was a hero up til xmas.
i think money might be better as we could get a couple of quality players to help with promotion

I like the following bits from the article..

However, Finnegan insists that, as long as Francis is a Norwich player he won''t let the club down. and.... He has signed for them and he isn''t the kind of person to let them down. If he is still there on the first day he will do his best, it''s as simple as that.

O yea   what  about The end of the season, especially Fulham

then

“He wants to play in the premiership because he has proved he is good enough to be there, but I want the supporters to know he is not a bad egg; he comes from good stock and he is a good man

Better say this just in case, I have to stay there and play a lower standard than what I want, plus I don''t want to get the fans on my back all the time..  Also I don''t want to fall out with the gaffer or the reserves calleth and I will be forgotten.

let this deal go through.....

I would have a lot more respect for Francis if he came out with a statement HIMSELF. With so much confusion, speculation and accusation surrounding him I would have expected him to address it publicly by now. Instead, we get this cowardly statement through his agent.

Surely now all of the Francis apologists will realise that he is not committed to the Norwich cause and the sooner Worthy has some money in the bank to spend, the better.

Worst case scenario for us is him still being with us at start of season.

[quote]Surely now all of the Francis apologists will realise that he is not committed to the Norwich cause and the sooner Worthy has some money in the bank to spend, the better. Worst case scenario for us i...[/quote]

This is about his agent, not Francis himself, Dicky.

Yet again you haven''t read the post correctly, keep up!.

Yes Wiz, it is by his agent, But as Korean says, it would be good if Damo actually said something himself, rather than letting a bloodsucking parasite do his talking for him. I want Francis to stay, by the way.

Talking up a sale but are they talking down the price? Thanks to the actions of Portsmouth and the agent we have a player who wants out, the majority of fans who want rid and worryingly we only have one bidder, and do we even know if they will match our valuation? It could be viewed as a classic attempt to get a bargain by making us distressed sellers, worried about our asset going down in value if the window slams shut on us or worse still having a negative atmosphere in the camp.

To me this raises questions in two areas. Firstly does the agent get a straight percentage of any transfer fee? Does he receive any financial benefit from the purchasing club directly when a player moves? How is a players interest represented by forcing a club into selling them at below market? Secondly how do the FA view the actions of Portsmouth so far with regard to both the Francis and Green speculation, we may consider (I choose my words carefully) they could be viewed as having negotiated through the press and damaged the relationship enshrined in contract between club and player? Does anyone no more about the FA code of conduct for clubs and agents?

[quote]Yes Wiz, it is by his agent, But as Korean says, it would be good if Damo actually said something himself, rather than letting a bloodsucking parasite do his talking for him. I want Francis to stay, b...[/quote]

I want him to stay as well Weston, but Damo is by nature a shy bloke, plus, I don''t think he really knows the extent of the fans feelings in all this.

Although after rereading his agents statement today........perhaps he does.....now!.

[quote]This is about his agent, not Francis himself, Dicky. Yet again you haven''t read the post correctly, keep up!.[/quote]

1st Wiz - you really are very naive aren''t you?  Poor old Damo, who it too shy to mutter any words of commitment to our club, bless.  Mr nasty agent saying all these things, but I am sure that Mr Francis will soon come out and say that it is all rubbish and he wants to stay - won''t hold my breath.