Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Team vs Man City

Interesting formation from where those semi-colons have been put, three at the back feels unlikely.

Not really clear who he mystery missing player was, either.

I despair slightly at yet another manager picking Howson every week regardless of form and at the expense of Wes. Still perhaps he will have his one good game in four today.

Interesting lack of right sided players.

Bang on what I said would be our starting 11, Redmond and Hoolahoop on the bench - wonder who that "mystery injury" was!

Branston, hadn''t noticed that! Indeed looks like it could indeed be a back 5!

Howson as a right winger? Ooh ah, not convinced!

according to the clubs twitter feed its 5 at the back with brady as a right wing back and howson on the right wingim guessing theyve got it miles offsurely its more like martin/bennett/bassong/olsson    howson mulumbu tetteyjarvis                       brady             jerome

brady hasnt got a right foot and howson isnt a right winger

I did think AN would go for a similar shape to the Liverpool away game, with Howson instead of Wes.  It''s now down to how the lads apply themselves. Olsson will probably be up against Jesús.  Tough ask, that.

Lafferty should be on the bench. Tall centre forwards always unsettled defences when they come on as sub and provide a different way way playing. There.s no plan B with Alex Neil. And I don''t mean Ben Drew.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Olsson will probably be up against Jesús.  Tough ask, that.[/quote]
Suppose we should be thankful we''re playing on grass and not water.

Surely, 4-2-3-1, with Jarvis on the right cutting inside against a very left-footed Kolarov.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"][quote user="Pyro Pete"]Olsson will probably be up against Jesús.  Tough ask, that.[/quote]
Suppose we should be thankful we''re playing on grass and not water.
[/quote]
He doesn''t have the best track record with crosses.

Little end product from his first venture down the wing - that''ll do. Bit disappointed to see us sitting so deep but if we go home with a point I will not grumble!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Bassong costs us so much possession with his passing. not just this game but weekly.[/quote]Mulumbu suffers from the same problem

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]Bassong costs us so much possession with his passing. not just this game but weekly.[/quote]Mulumbu suffers from the same problem[/quote]we do seem to think forwards is the only way to pass sometimes.. keep possession. knock it sideways or backwards when we need to and try and draw them out of shape.

Are you suggesting we should resign Mark Fotheringham Jas? Master of the sideways pass!