Sign in to follow this  
YorkshirePudding

Man City v Norwich thread

What was the ref supposed to do? Red card every day of the week sadly, he knew what he was doing

Well, at least that''ll help the goal difference...

Credit to AN, got it spot on today. Had the players not switched off AGAIN then we might have got something from the game. Too many mistakes.

Tetty was about to swing his boot through that ball and win us a point until Ruddy came out....Time to make a decision mr Neil...

It was so close to the shoulder, I thought for a while it wasn''t handball, but it was denying a clear goal. The ref had no choice. Still nice they missed a pen at the end.

Good effort today.Not sure what is wrong with Ruddy. Evidently his confidence has gone. Add this to the howler against West Ham and that''s three points thrown away.

Really proud of the way we played today. Two lapses in concentration cost us, but the boys as a whole gave it everything and limited Man City to almost nothing. 
We keep playing like that and we can certainly get take a few points off the big boys.

It''s so frustrating because we look a decent side, we just can''t seem to get the result though.

Ruddy needs to be dropped, no question. His mistake was because he panicked, again. He needs some time out of the spotlight to rebuild his composure

PS I agree, it''s time for Declan to take the mantle. He''s been waiting in the wings plenty long enough now, he''s not a kid anymore and we need to give him his shot.

Two ''keepers today losing their thrones?

Butland put in another outstanding display for Stoke today , whilst Hart bloomered.

I don''t think I am the only one who has lost some faith in Big JR.

Come on down Declan Rudd, your time has arrived.

Actually up and ''til then Ruddy had had a decent game, but there remains the element of the uncertainy about his game now.

Individual mistakes from crosses again today.

Bennett looked like he lost his man for the the 1st.

Ruddy dropped the ball and then wandered off for the 2nd.

Shame, but at least it wasn''t a cricket score some were overjoyed to predict before the game.

Decent showing but unfortunately, a big fat 0 in that PTS column again. No consolation in us keeping the score down.

I can''t believe Ruddy''s error and handling of the situation after he''d made it. Showed no composure in the situation. It was rolling to Tettey and should have been left to him.

We even got that bit of luck we were due and then threw what would have been a lucky but spirited point away in spite of that.

Something needs to give or we will be staring relegation blankly in the face. For me, it''s Ruddy. Rudd has looked twice the goalkeeper that Ruddy has in his few appearances for us recently.

It''s an odd one. I was expecting a loss but now find myself being peed off that we lost. I hate football sometimes.[:@]

2-1 or 10-1 its another loss, the 3rd in a row and a slide is starting, but no surprise at all, it was inevitable with our defence. But well done City, its the kind of performance that you hope for, and they really gave it a go. Its so frustrating because we have shown we can mix it with the likes of the Liverpools and Man. Citys, but we  knew this defence was not good enough 2 yrs ago and has not been again. Actually it was individual mistakes as has been said rather than a general poor defensive display. Ruddy has to be dropped , a goalie  can have a poor game like any other player, but he has been poor for to many games now. Its Declans time to have his chance please Alex.I just hope we somehow play as good next week at home to Swansea, but for whatever reason City are not doing the business at home these days, and i fear we will play below par yet again.

Despite a creditable performance that is now four league defeats on the trot and five including the Everton cup KO. We have not won in six league games.

Next week''s game at home to Swansea is now a must win game. No doubt I''ll be accused of being a pant wetter but with a quarter of our home season already played, four points is banker relegation form and our away record is not going to save us alone. Given that we haven''t played any of the big teams at home we really do need to pick up some points at Carrow Road.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Some of the comments on here are embarrassing. I wouldn''t want some of you near me when the going gets tough[/quote]oh don''t worry. Most of these "fans" will be long gone by then.

Certainly agree crabby - some people really do seem to go too far overboard.

Ultimately we do seem to be paying the price for not being able to attract new defenders in the close season, but we have to work out a way to keep clean sheets with the guys we have until January - I don''t think we''re miles off, but West Brom showed last week how being well organised away from home can work.

[quote user="im spartacus"]Was it a handball ? Couldn''t see from the away end ? Looked like a diving header :)[/quote]The replay looks like it hit his shoulder.

An impressive performance today with Jerome leading the line well. Brady did OK playing out of position. As we start a much more challenging second quarter of the season, we can reflect on how quickly our championship defence will be returned there. We never had a chance after the fiasco of the transfer window.

I''m of the view that we have a championship defence and a championship attack. It''s as it is. We have not had the time to build a team of premiership quality. Yet. It''s a question of seeing if we can retain our status this year and then add players.

The trouble with the season so far is that so many times we have not had the run of the green, starting with Simon Hooper. We have deserved more, perhaps another 5points. It has all the signs even in this early stage...of a relegation flight.

good morning all. turned out to be a lot closer than most were expecting, and joe hart was due one of his blunders. as for the penalty, i trust that the tv replays have cleared that one up. the less said about kolarov`s effort at the second one, the better!. anyway, `til the return at carrow road, good luck for the rest of the season.