Sign in to follow this  
YorkshirePudding

Man City v Norwich thread

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="Strawman"]As long as ''Jas the Barclay King'' avoids this thread, we might come home with a draw [Y][/quote]89th minute. We''re 1-0 up. Jas pops up saying "game over, we''ve won this now". We lose 3-1.[:D][/quote][:D][:D][:D][;)]

Man City clearly haven''t done their research. They need to let Norwich have the ball and over-commit then hit them on the break in space down the flanks.

Very few sides will play this way against us this year.

It''s looking pretty good. As long as we keep swarming them when they get close, and Ruddy maintains his MOM form, we can come home with a point or 3.

What subs should be made, and when? Can we bring on Hoolahan to set something. But who''d you take off?

No,injury replacement by the sounds of it. Hopefully Redders can stay fully focused on his defensive duties.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]Redmond on... Are we going for it!?![/quote]Why ask us? You''re the soothsayer...

[quote user="Herman "]No,injury replacement by the sounds of it. Hopefully Redders can stay fully focused on his defensive duties.[/quote]

I hope it''s nothing serious... We''ll need him for the winter schedule. Jeez that was a touch and go tackle, careful Seb.

OT: how are Watford doing so well!?!? 2-0 against west ham, and 2 goals for Ighalo. Surely they''ll not be able to keep hold of him. He was only super sub last season too... Crazy!

[quote user="Strawman"][quote user="SeattleCanary"]Redmond on... Are we going for it!?![/quote]Why ask us? You''re the soothsayer...[/quote]

You''re a real credit to this thread pal. Do f@ck off. There''s a good lad.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]Good thing the ref didn''t buy that tackle by Bassong as anything but a good aggressive tackle.[/quote]my commentators were practically yelling for him to be sent off.

At least it''ll keep the moaners quiet for a few weeks if Bassong earns us a draw!

Out of all the ways we could concede, we concede by a corner AGAIN. We cannot defend set pieces for crying out loud. Fair enough if it was a great piece of skill like you''d expect from them but a corner is very poor.

Yes and we all knew that. But you won''t survive in this league if you don''t defend set pieces properly, and I don''t just mean this game.

Not enough quality to beat Man City, and apparently not enough quality to hold a clean sheet either. Poor Mrs Ruddy''s washing machine must be on the verge of breaking down with all these messy sheets!

[quote user="Al Harrington"]Yes and we all knew that. But you won''t survive in this league if you don''t defend set pieces properly, and I don''t just mean this game.[/quote]i agree. Poor set piece defense cost us 3 points at west ham

The set piece thing is surely sortable on the training field that''s the frustrating thing for me. The is a big problem though if your crap at defending them and crap at attacking them, how the hell do you get decent practice at them?