Sign in to follow this  
YorkshirePudding

Man City v Norwich thread

Team:

Ruddy; Bennett, Martin (c), Bassong; Brady, Mulumbu, Tettey, Olsson; Howson, Jarvis, Jerome. Subs: Rudd (GK), Whittaker, Grabban, Hoolahan, Dorrans, Redmond, O''Neil.

3 at the back with Brady as RWB.

Interesting!

[quote user="YorkshirePudding BSc"]Team:

Ruddy; Bennett, Martin (c), Bassong; Brady, Mulumbu, Tettey, Olsson; Howson, Jarvis, Jerome. Subs: Rudd (GK), Whittaker, Grabban, Hoolahan, Dorrans, Redmond, O''Neil.

3 at the back with Brady as RWB.

Interesting![/quote]You''re certain of that are you? So it''s not:                  RuddyMartin Bennett Bassong Olsson            Mulumbu Tettey       Jarvis Howson Brady                 Jerome??????

Now Ollsen is a midfielder?

3 at the back seems dangerous. Our defense is pretty bad, so having fewer of them could be a disaster. But AN is the man with the plan. maybe a criwded midfield will keep the ball out of our end until we get a lead.

We have our manager and he''s giving us a good entertaining (albeit frustrating at times) product most games.

But now it''s 1 - 3 for Liverpool, Mourinho may be available but wouldn''t want him.

Now you watch Abramovich fire the bullet just in time for a rejuvenated Chelsea team to play us at SB, you couldn''t write it. That said I have belief in the team whoever the opposition, am hoping we can keep it tight at the Etihad this afternoon with Wes and Nathan coming on to cause problems in the second half.

[quote user="Alex "]Now you watch Abramovich fire the bullet just in time for a rejuvenated Chelsea team to play us at SB, you couldn''t write it. That said I have belief in the team whoever the opposition, am hoping we can keep it tight at the Etihad this afternoon with Wes and Nathan coming on to cause problems in the second half.[/quote]

56 games v Man City8 wins

Will hope triumph over experience?History says no.

We''re trying our best, but you can see it''s just a matter of time... No possession of the ball and constant pressure. Tbf it''s Man City, I did expect this.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]Tbf it''s Man City, I did expect this.[/quote]Really!! The rest of us thought we''d be at least 3 - 0 up by now [:|]

Haha! I bet you feel glad you contributed that vital reply to the thread. We look like we have come to park the bus, Jerome is far behind the halfway line. I suppose it''s to be expected. We just aren''t that good at soaking up pressure.

You''re right of course Ricardo, but nevertheless, as a City supporter, I always hope - Otherwise what''s the point?!.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]Not sure about that, Seattle. Their chances look frightening but are actually weak. That last shot, had it been on target, would''ve been stopped by Ruddy.[/quote]

I disagree. Bony should have buried his chance early on. If it''s 0-0 at half time they will just go for it even harder in the 2nd half. They''re building into the game, whereas we have been clinging on from the get go. But as I said, you can see we came to park the bus.

"If you were to describe Norwich as parking the bus - and that would be a bit harsh - it would be a bus with leather seats, a luxury on-board bathroom and TVs in the back of the headrests. It''s a classy bus."

Bit of an odd compliment from the BBC text reporter...

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]The earlier shot, yes. But we should have scored one too.

Ruddy is on fire today. ManC may come out 2nd half frustrated and out of ideas.[/quote]

I hope you''re right bud. Just bearing in mind though, that Manc have real strength in depth. Sterling is on the bench, plus Roberts who I really rate.

[quote user="Strawman"]As long as ''Jas the Barclay King'' avoids this thread, we might come home with a draw [Y][/quote]:)

Well done boys.

Providing we don''t collapse and ship 3 or 4 in the next half, it will come as a welcome confidence boost for our beleaguered back line, regardless of whether we get a point or not.

Weird-ass formation - but whatever works...

[quote user="Strawman"]As long as ''Jas the Barclay King'' avoids this thread, we might come home with a draw [Y][/quote]89th minute. We''re 1-0 up. Jas pops up saying "game over, we''ve won this now". We lose 3-1.[:D]

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]The earlier shot, yes. But we should have scored one too.

Ruddy is on fire today. ManC may come out 2nd half frustrated and out of ideas.[/quote]we''d take exactly the same 45 minutes... Man city need to either stick or twist... will they and when? could it leave them open?

Amusing Radio Norfolk commentary.Blah, blah, blah, not talking about the game.Blah, blah, blah, not talking about the game.Blah, blah, blah, Jarvis nearly scored!What the....?