Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Drop Ruddy......but not this week

It seems by reports that Declan Rudd put on a good display mid week. Surely he must be ready to replace Ruddy, who most fans agree is not up the standard required.

But this week is not the right time. If we do get the expected thrashing, I would rather see Ruddy on the receiving end rather than Declan. But his debut in the seasons PL can''t be far away, cab it????

There are no easy games in this division so if he is ready I''d stick him in now.

So if Ruddy''s not up to the required standard, but you think Rudd is, then surely you''d want to play your better keeper against Man City, Bradwell? Rudd''s either good enough or he isn''t, no?

I love big JR but I do feel Rudd has been very loyal to us also and now he certainly deserves his chance. We need competition for EVERY place.

It''s just that confidence is everything for goal keepers, would hate to see Declan''s knocked , as it could be, on his first start.

But I am certain his time will come, and he will be up there with our greats of the past, Gunn, Green, and Marshall and many others. It saddens me to think in the past we have always been very fortunate to have a truly top class goalkeeper in the first team.........oh well!!

Gainer you''re forgetting that the Newcastle defeat was all Ruddy''s fault of course ;)

I did find it hilarious the criticism of Ruddy after that, like any keeper in the world would do much better when teams keep being given clear cut chances 8 yards out.

[quote user="Bradwell canary"]It seems by reports that Declan Rudd put on a good display mid week. Surely he must be ready to replace Ruddy, who most fans agree is not up the standard required.

But this week is not the right time. If we do get the expected thrashing, I would rather see Ruddy on the receiving end rather than Declan. But his debut in the seasons PL can''t be far away, cab it????[/quote]Most fans want Ruddy to stay in goal because despite the goals conceeded, it''s hard to blame him for the majority of them. The only fans I''ve seen who want to drop Ruddy are the same ones that demand Neil and the board get sacked after every loss and who blame Martin for every goal conceded regardless who''s fault it was.

Time to give Rudd his chance now. Ruddy is costing us points rather than gaining them

Time to drop Ruddy I am afraid he is not looking the way forward anymore. Too many times he has let us down and today just when we needed a calm safe pair of hands he falls apart and panics getting his captain sent off and losing the game.

Rudd when he has played in the cup has been good to brilliant at Rotherham he made many many excellent saves .

I have hoped he would play through the bad stuff but it is not happening and he needs to step aside for a while at least. Rudd deserves his chance as to if it will change things much only time will tell

I like and rate Ruddy but we can''t afford constant individual errors particularly in defence and goal.

Most fans do not want Ruddy to stay in goal.

Even Bryan Gunn all but said Ruddy should be dropped.

Gregg Downs, last week, was very forthright in his belief that Ruddy is simply not good enough.

Rarely has a goalkeeper so physically big, dominated the penalty box so ineffectively.

Hard to see any argument for Ruddy to continue at this point. Talent doesn''t jsut disappear overnight and hopefully he can get back to his best again, but right now there''s no question he''s in probably the worst form of his career, and he needs to go somewhere and spend time getting that sorted out to hopefully come back stronger. Rudd has GOT to start against Swansea for me, if he doesn''t give him a chance now then that''s probably the first serious question mark over AN''s selection choices and abilities.

Yesterdays game showed exactly what Ruddys all about!-

Made some great saves but then when under pressure at the end flapped and cost us a point, also resulting in the squad being one player light for the nest 3 games!

Its happened to often now, and we''re at the point where Ruddys poor form and Declan Rudd''s largely flawless dIsplays in the League cup and U21 games has to be reflected in the team selection starting with the Swansea game next Saturday.